Game of Thrones*SPOILER ALERT*

Backlash is mainly people overthinking the finish when the clues were there the entire series on what was going to happen.

That and like any popular show, you’re going to get people having separation anxiety and going through the angry stage.

1 Like

Keep going,there is way too much hate for this season

3 Likes

Well that was shit. Things happened but in the most unsatisfying and confusing way possible. And how did Grey Worm get to the top of the stairs before Jon? And that ending? Fuck off. “Look here’s this book called A Song Of Ice And Fire and the last few chapters are shit”… shut up. Borderline, breaking the 4th wall nonsense.

Didn’t like the song of ice and fire bit, but apart from that, what didn’t you like? Was always going to be a mostly wraparound episode and I thought it was decent. Any disappointment from me only comes from the high expectations they’ve given me.

Wouldn’t you say that if the series has always given you such high expectations and the finale didn’t meet those expectations it’s fair criticism?

As for me there were 2 scenes that were pretty rough for me: Tyrion’s “trial” and the subsequent small council scene. The small council scene felt a bit too fanfictiony for me. For example the banter about brothels after the decimation of the city, Tyrion being left out of the book despite serving as hand of the king thrice, and Bronn being there at all. Maybe it could of used a laugh track lol.

Tyrion’s trial scene was the big one for me. So Tyrion’s on trial and greyworm wants him dead. Tyrion says “yeah, but who should be king? How about Bran!” And everybody just agrees, and then Bran goes “well Tyrion will be my hand” and Greyworm must be thinking “what the fuck is happening here”. Also, why would he not just kill Jon after Jon admits to killing his Queen? He didn’t have a problem with killing anybody else but Jon gets a trial? Greyworm wouldn’t be concerned with the political blowback right?

I feel like they could arrived at all the same outcomes this season, and done it well if they just took a few more episodes to get to these plot points. Instead like many of us have said, everything feels rushed and lazy, and I think criticism is fair game.

1 Like

I think the difference is if you expect something to happen and it doesn’t it is a let down, but that doesn’t m necessarily make it bad.

As to your other points
1.) The small council was definitely fan service, but seeing as Bronn was made the lord of the Richest part of the kingdom it makes sense for him to be master of
Coin to some extent (now getting him into that position was a bit silly and a break from the books)

2.) Tyrion’s trial - I do share your questions as to why they waited to kill Jon, maybe have a scene with the north men threatening battle if he is killed before the lords arrive for a trial. As to Tyrion I said in the other thread that I think it is implied that he gets gelded as a means of justice, which “satisfies” grey worm. I had more issue with Grey Worm just leaving after all that. Especially with Jon’s punishment, how can he be sure it even happens if he is gone.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Calling him Bran The Broken is one step away from calling him Bran The Disabled One.

3 Likes

Tyrion: all hail bran the broken!
Bran: actually Brandon Stark is fin-
Tyrion: Bran the broken! Long may he reign!

1 Like

I binged the show in a month. Based on what I’ve seen from most fans, watching it now is probably more enjoyable. The disappointing parts won’t sting as much because you won’t have spent irl year waiting for certain things to happen.
The show has its problems later on, but I think it’s still worth the complete watch. Also, knowing that people had complaints tempered my expectations, which probably helped too

1 Like

Fair comment, and I think everything should be open to criticism.

Any dissapointment I have is basically that I wasn’t shocked or on the edge of my seat like the show has conditioned me to do, it was all just wrapped up in a nice little bow, which for me was fine. It’s like if your football/soccer team are on a great run of games winning by 5 or 6 every week, then you come to play your biggest rivals and you only win 1-0. You’re happy, but there’s a small sense of dissapointment that they couldn’t do what they’d done previously.

. The unsullied were blind followers, greyworm did not know who his king/Queen was so wouldn’t have killed him unless ordered to do so, hence why the council came to pass sentence.