Game of Thrones*SPOILER ALERT*

In the editing bay like I left a coffee cup somewhere. All fixed now!!! :wink:

This season has been a cinematic achievement the likes weā€™ve never seen on TV. But when the source material ran dry their shortcuts to get to the end point have been obvious, trope-y, and flat out lazy at times. By comparison to the entire season this has earned its criticism more than it earned the payoffs which is something the show was known for among TV critics. When you spend years building characters and arcs to just yada yada the ending, itā€™s hard for it to be viewed in the same positive light.

3 Likes

It feels too rushed. Like they spent the entire budget on the battle sequences (which look absolutely amazing) but that left them with only enough for a partial season.

4 Likes

I thought this was a great episode and the best of the season, but manā€¦those Jamie & Cersei deaths were really terrible. Jamie just looks like a total pussy whipped bitch and of all the people who wanted to get Cersei, no one really does.

Itā€™s like the writers just forgot about everything Jaimes done throughout the series. So in episode 2 he goes to Winterfell alone because he wants to fight for the living. In episode 4 he learns that Cersei put out a hit on him. In episode 5 he says ā€œI never really cared for the innocentsā€ and goes to save Cersei when his entire character arc is built from him killing the Mad King to protect the people
of Kingslanding from being burnt to death. Itā€™s so rushed, so lazy, and it doesnā€™t feel true to the character weā€™ve known for eight seasons.

3 Likes

Cersei must be miraculous in bed.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just thinking to myself, the whole point of the show pretty much, is who will sit on the Iron Throne at the end. With Kings Landing now decimated, does anyone think we wont even see someone sit in the throne, by the time the show ends? Could we possibly get a flash forward of someone sitting in the throne, with a rebuilt Kings Landing?

What if Winterfell is the new Kings Landing and North of the Wall is the new North.

Itā€™s like people didnā€™t see season 2 where Khaleesi said she was going to do exactly what she did, and did exactly what she warned Varys of if he betrayed her.

Just being good on her word.

Also, I didnā€™t want Jaime and Cersei to have any happy resolution, theyā€™re gross and thatā€™s all I want to say about them.

And Kingā€™s Landing deserved what they got for being shitty people who cheered on Ned Starks execution.

And CleganeBowl was great and the Battle scenes in this one were better than Winterfell imo.

Battle Scenes? What battle? Do you mean massacre?

To some Custerā€™s Last Stand was a massacreā€¦to others itā€™s a victory.

Weakest episode of the season, but Iā€™m not as down on it as most seem to be (here and elsewhere). I wish some of the major character deaths had time to breathe, but I also thought it captured the confusing, chaotic nature of the situation.

I also think I would have liked it more if I didnā€™t know it was the penultimate episode of the series. Will be interesting to see how that pans out and if/how it changes opinions of anything thatā€™s already happened.

That doesnā€™t make it a battle. You can win a massacre.

Was only six episodes and are basically tying up an unfinished book.

Itā€™s rushed, it honestly wasnā€™t going to meet the expectations with the parameters they were givenā€¦we werenā€™t getting nuance anymoreā€¦it www always going to end with explosions people looking off camera at debris and aftereffects

You mean canā€™t win a massacre? Because evidently you can if you look through colonial expansion and manifest destiny.

No I meant you can win one, just not sure it counts as a battle, other than perhaps the strictest sense.

Daenerys turning heel made sense but they couldā€™ve done it better. Shouldā€™ve gone after Cersei, even after the bells were rung, and not cared about killing innocents in the process rather go after every innocent person she could see.

I dont have an issue with Daniā€™s heel turn. It was teased throughout the series, so it makes sense. Iā€™ve enjoyed the season as a whole, my 2 biggest issues have been the stupidity of the Night King and the deaths of Jamie & Cersei.

1 Like

Iā€™m three seasons behind.

Starting to wonder if I should keep going after hearing the backlash

I would say that you should unless you yourself feel like stopping.

2 Likes