How did you originally find John and Wai?

Wow, crazy to think about. 12 years!! 2005 was my introduction to the LAW where The Mouth and Jason Agnew won me over with their incredible analysis and breakdowns of the week that was.

Not sure when John & Wai originally started doing Review-A-Wai but it didn’t take long before it became integrated with my weekly LAW download.

At many major points in my life, I’ve always had the voices of John ‘Pumpernickel’ Pollock & Wai Ting putting a smile on my face in the most bizarre places (shoutout to Agnew for the weekly nicknames). A personal highlight being walking the beaches on the Portuguese island of Terceira with John & Wai coming through my headphones, struggling to get through a rundown of a very awful TNA show. But that’s just the point - no matter the content or how cringe-worthy the material, they always made every show so entertaining (especially the bad shows being reviewed…that includes the infamous ‘Chyna Review’).

I’m so thankful to be apart of the POSTwrestling community and am looking forward to many more years of you guys doing what you do best.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to everyone in the POSTwrestling family !

1 Like

Found the LAW over a decade ago and relied on them for y wrestling news and observations. So glad I was able to find John and Wei after the departure from the LAW to here. I see this as a great new stage in our entertainment lives.

I found it like six months ago because I don’t have five hours a week to watch weekly wrestling TV all the time and I needed them to tell me what happened so I could watch the PPVs.

1 Like

I only heard about the guys in 2014

A guy I work with was ranting because of something John had said about Roman Reigns. I became an instant fan, because of the depth and detail they add to shows, rather than just a basic run down of episodes of Raw and SmackDown

I found them in 2012. When I first found out about podcasts, I remembered listening to the LAW as a kid so, I looked them up. The first Review-a-Wai I heard was WrestleMania IV, that’s where the addiction started.

I cannot remember how, but must be around 3 or so years of listening, it might have even been a suggested video on YouTube or something. There certainly wasn’t many ‘visible’ wrestling shows here in the UK so was stoked to find the law.
i could honestly listen to these guys views on how paint dries.
So happy with Post wrestling and more than happy to contribute to these extremely talented guys.

I found out about the law from commercials that aired on the fight network, been a fan for 10 and a half years

2010 somewhere between the rumble and mania… I found the law and thus John and Wai. I can’t say this for a 100% certainty, but I’m pretty sure I’ve listened to every one of their shows since.

When Aftermath ended i searched “wrestling” on iTunes and the law was the top option

1 Like

The first time I listen too John and Wai was one of the live Review A Raw at some bar. A loyal listener ever since.

I started listening to the Law like 9 months ago and for me it was the standard recap for raw and smackdown. I have listened to you also the last couple of months and it is great to see the new site live!

Greetz from The Netherlands

I found out about the LAW through a random search on the AM radio dial in Toronto on a Saturday afternoon back in ecirca early 2000s. Jeff Marek was the host with Dan Lovranski. If I’m not mistaken Agnew had the product role that John eventually took over when Marek left. The LAW was on Saturdays and Sundays nights at the time on mojo radio AM640… Multiple radio stations later, to satellite radio, to the Fight Network and now POST. I’m still here and looking forward to the new chapter.

3 Likes

It was through Aftermath. They were doing Rumble reviews and got the guys in for the 2007 show. I thought John was hilarious and wanted to give their show a try. I’m glad I did. I must have listened to every single Review-a-Wai and their podcasts became a daily listen to me. Can’t remember when they did the Aftermath show but been listening ever since.

1 Like

The bauer and pollock podcast

I moved to Mississauga in 1999 and started listening to the LAW on the Fan…been listening ever since…

I found them on Sirius when they were on there. Was hooked after that. I heard Meltzer on there and said they must be good. From there on contiune to listen. I hope Pollock and Court come back. Love that podcast.

1 Like

I found them probably sometime in late 2015, when I discovered the “Sports & Rec” podcast category on my iPhone, which was also new to me at that time. They were under the LAW umbrella, but the only content from LAW that I made a point to listen to every week. I’m happy to support their efforts, as long as John resists the urge to include politics in his podcasts! :wink:

I found the LAW back in the 2000’s when it was on one of the sports stations here in Vancouver. They would play it in the same late night spot that it was on in TO then stumbled into the podcasts when I got an IPod to listen to music on the way to work. Now then fill my travels to and from work and while receiving my order each week. Thanks John and Wai plus all the other cast of characters in the Post family.

1 Like

It was like 2012 or 2013 I think and I was listening to an old Howard Stern show I had on a hard drive and he had Bret Hart on. I thought it was a real good interview and I started googling other interviews he did with wrestlers and was hooked on their stories. It brought back a sense of nostalgia hearing them talk about all the wrestlers I grew up watching and was amazed at the craziness of the backstage stoeies they were talking about. I started google’ing some more and was introduced to the shoot interview and the wrestling podcast world, which in 2012 wrestling podcasts are no where near a as vast as they are now, But a thread on reddit I found thru google with a list of peoples favorite wrestling podcasts led me to Review a Wai and Review a Raw. Not long after I started following the product again and couldn’t wait to listen to John and Wai discuss the show and I’ve been hooked since. I love when they review the bad ppvs and I was bummed out when I heard they were let go. So glad you guys landed on your feet you’ve gotten me thru some tough times. Thank you.

This is such a cool thread, enjoy reading these. I love that Aces & Eights was a gateway for at least one person to find our shows.

11 Likes