I want to order NJPW World...Have a question

I wanted to order for WK and beyond. Wai advised he would be doing this but hinted that the process was not simple and would wait until Jan 1 to order so he would not be billed in advance. Anyone subscribe to NJPW World? Is the only way to subscribe on their website or can i do this on an app through apple and have an automatic subscription via apple? What is your preferred viewing method. I have pretty much all streaming devices. Im thinking that i am going to use the Fire stick to stream but was curious if anyone prefers a different streaming option. What are your thoughts on NJPW compared to the WWE Network? Thanks

1 Like

Wai is right, wait until the first to sign up unless you want to pay the full amount for December. The website is the best way to sign up, google chrome translates it pretty well for me. I personally use a credit card through PayPal, I think some people said the foreign transaction every month didnā€™t go over well with their credit card companies.

There is an iOS app, but it just directs you to the website. Amazon Fire works great because thereā€™s a dedicated app. If you have a roku I also found an app to send it from your phone to the roku, itā€™s called TV Cast.

Thereā€™s so much stuff on there that it can feel overwhelming, but the product is super good and definitely worth undertaking the learning curve. Iā€™ve found some events more than a couple months old have some weird stuttering that goes on, but nothing too major. Iā€™d definitely recommend it.

1 Like

If youā€™re after some matches to check out, have a look at MrLariatoā€™s recommended viewing list. Everything has a working NJWorld link. Iā€™ve spent many an hour just watching random matches and anything that sounds like a good time;

6 Likes

I second this sentimentā€¦

When I signed up for DemandPROGRESS, I used a card and got screwed out of extra cash because itā€™s an American streaming service and Iā€™m in Britain - which was especially frustrating as PROGRESS is a British company, but Pivotshare isnā€™t and thatā€™s what matters.

Iā€™ve not signed up for NJPWWorld but I know the FireStick has a dedicated app for streaming it so that seems like the best option from my perspective.

2 Likes

Ok. So Iā€™ll definately wait to Jan 1 and use my CC that doesnā€™t have any international fees. Thanks much.

Thank you! (Just found out a post must have 15 characters so I canā€™t just post thank you lol)

1 Like

I signed up with my credit card and havenā€™t had any issues. Do wish the player had the ability to remember where you stopped (like the WWE Network). Has pretty good chromecast support. Donā€™t think it has apple tv.

Site is tricky to navigate at times. If youā€™re looking for english commentary, and there are two images for the same event, pick the one that has the date in the format of ā€˜Dec. 31ā€™ vs the one that is 12.31.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice

The app just sends you to the website. The site is way easier to navigate than it used to be aND itā€™s chromecast compatible too. Use Google translate. Subscribe for January but I would recommend staying on. Even if you watch one to two shows a month itā€™s worth it. New year dash on jan. 5th is like the raw after mania where all the new angles are started. In February itā€™s new beginnings (two big events ) and the ROH tour. In March is the new Japan cup like the kotr tournament. The winner gets a title shot at sakura genesis in April the next ā€œbig 4 or 5ā€ event. Itā€™s great!

2 Likes

The other important point is donā€™t cancel right away, as unlike most services where youā€™d stay subscribed until the next billing date, you lose access immediately on NJPW World.

1 Like

Good thing to know. Iā€™m sure there is not a partial refund either.

Amazing responses I was wondering the same thing!

1 Like

I am an active redditor and I already enjoy the post wrestling forum better.

1 Like

I signed up for it back in the summer for the G1. Itā€™s actually pretty easy now. Here is a link to the english version of the page to sign up for it. I watch it via the App on the Firestick. It works pretty well, but sometimes it locks up when loading a show, or fast forwarding too far. Live feeds have all worked great.

Iā€™m hoping they put a New Japan World App for the Playstation or Xbox soon.

https://njpwworld.com/auth?lang=en

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been subscribed since launch, the website has come a long way in terms of translation and layout since then. It has built-in chromecast support and the Firestick option like others have mentioned. I sometimes have an issue with buffering thatā€™s been really bad the last few days, but I can never really tell if thatā€™s on my end or theirs. Iā€™ve also never had a problem with the foreign transaction fees with my bank and theyā€™re only like 20 cents a month anyways.

1 Like

Already having issues. Created an account. Got to the point where i could enter my CC info but it changed back to japanese. I attempted to restart the process but can not figure out where to sign up for membership again.

EDIT: Figured it outā€¦ all under my page

For those wondering, I cast NJPW World to my Apple TV from my iPad with no issues.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve cast the service from the chrome browser to chrome cast tonight without issue. So far I like it. Caught up on some of WK11 as well as a Jericho match from 98.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried pretty much everyway to stream NJPW world and personally I found Microsoft Edge on Xbox One to be the clearest.

1 Like

This is great to know but how do you access it and read the site on your ipad effectively?

1 Like