Jaxson Ryker licking boots so hard he has got cherry blossom poisoning

Because having a society where the government has the ability to silence a group of people because they don’t like what they have to say can lead to a very very ugly world.

Conservatives would argue that Liberals ignore science when it comes to the Gender Spectrum Debate. Liberals would argue that Conservative ignore science when it comes to climate change.
(two topics where for the record I said with the Liberal side of it).

I’m sure there are a plethora of example on both sides, the issue is who decides this? Does anyone want Donald Trump being the person who determines what can be said vs what cannot be said? In a society where certain beliefs can be silenced, that’s where it would come from. If an LGBTQ advocate decided to speak on the subject in certain countries (I prefer not to name any) that person would likely be killed. This is an extreme, but this is the type of thing that can happen when government has control to that degree.

For some, in our own minds its easy, we feel that what we think is right is right and what the contrarian opinion thinks in some cases should be shut down, however you have to think to yourself, what if the person in power disagreed with you. Would you want your opinion shutdown?

I am very much against obsession, and while I understand why its frustrating to listen to some people spout off like idiots, I understand why things like free speech exist. Joe Rogan has had some really good discussions on this topic.

I’m with you on the first part. I want everyone to have the right to think whatever they want. I don’t advocate the government telling us what to believe.

My comment was specifically aimed at giving certain ideas a platform like on a podcast. I hesitate to use an actual example bc I know I’ll probably offend someone.

But there are nutty conspiracy theories that are not based on actual evidence. If I had a podcast, I’d hate the idea of giving those ideas a platform just to debate them. They don’t deserve the attention.

I’m still conflicted about it tho.

And I’d also argue conservatives are the ones not using science in the climate change debate but that’s probably a can of worms for another day.

I hear you, I think what you are saying comes from a good place, and like you I don’t like it when people spew BS, but managing it is a slippery slope.

When you say nutty conspiracy theories, immediately I think of Alex Jones. Rogan has had him on before, and IMO Jones always comes off looking like an idiot.

I think you misinterpreted the climate change line. I said that conservatives would be the ones accused of ignoring science. I tried to use an example on both sides where “science” would be used.
Unfortunately to some the money in fossil fuels is more important that quality of life for future generations, but agreed probably a can of worms for another day.

I did misread that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For some reason the Jericho interviews where he asks nothing pressing reminds me of the movie Knocked Up. Ryan Seacrest being told not to ask Jessica Simpson a plethora of questions to not offend her and proceeds to lose his mind. I added a lot to this topic I know.

People are really stretching by trying to make any type of discussion a part of the problem. It’s not. If anything, the opposite is the issue. Enforcing an “Us vs. Them” mentality with people that you even slightly disagree with is tragic in my opinion.

As for “All Lives Matter”, it’s stupid if he said it as something against “Black Lives Matter” but I doubt that was the case. More a situation of him trying to say we’re all important and no one should have to experience police brutality. Maybe that’s giving him the benefit of doubt, maybe he should’ve been more specific with who’s experiencing more police brutality but I’m not going to desperately paint this guy as a racist because he’s not joining in with the exact wording everyone’s pushing.

1 Like

Is Jericho facing major criticism? It doesn’t seem like it.

The king’s announcer who was fired seems to have some past issues with putting his foot in his mouth. Maybe that’s the difference on this one.

I can guarantee that there will be overreactions during this time but that’s because a lot of this stuff has been swept under the rug for so long.

Hopefully people can learn and give each other second chances but I have trouble getting on anyone for being “too sensitive” right now.

The highlight of this Jaxson Ryker thing was I searched his name on twitter, and his account is locked now, but apparently his sister showed up on twitter to scold him and was super pissed because her husband is black and Gunner has 8 black nieces and nephews.

I was at a protest that was done here in Cape Breton and one of the speakers was talking about bringing her kids to this while she was speaking and talking about the racism they are likely going to deal with. So like, I can’t imagine her frustration where her immediate family are people who could be affected or attacked by the same people that her brother supports. Family isn’t who you’re related to.

I like his non-wrestling podcast. Especially when the topic is music, as I am a life long metal fan and he brings names from the scene to discuss/compare legendary albums I find extremely funny and relaxing (the one he did after the passing of Neil Peart is one of my favorites podcasts he ever did - have it saved to listen it again when I feel like). He also often states that he likes to have people with different opinions on, having conversation with them and trying to understand their point view - not especially agree with them, but at least listen. Also, for all the years I’ve been listening to his podcast, I don’t recall him being challenging to his guests - he’s more of the type that likes to have conversation with his guests and not argue with them. He even had an entertaining conversation with some flat earthers couple of years ago and it was a fun podcast to listen, to ease your mind, have some laughs.

1 Like

What is his role in the forgotten sons anyways?

I didnt really follow him in NXT (I just watch takeovers), and since they have been brought over to SD, I don’t believe I have seen him wrestle and he doesn’t appear to be a mouthpiece.

From what I can tell this isn’t a New Day/Demolition/Freebirds situation where any 2 of the 3 can wrestle at anytime, from what I have seen he just stands outside the ring.

Is there something I am missing?

Right now, he’s just a guy who stands there and looks menacing. He’s in the Bam Neely role, the Human Fence. Blake and Culter do the wrestling and I think that’s why it might be easier to sit him out if people don’t want to work with him, because he’s not really doing the wrestling.

Since the next program is going to be the New Day, I do have a feeling that they might say they don’t want to work with him and while Vince is Trump’s buddy, he cares about money more then anything. If some of his cash cows don’t want to work with you, and you’re just the guy who stands there and looks menacing for a new act, Vince isn’t going to take your side.

Slightly off topic as it’s not about wrestlers’ opinions on the protests but the police in America seem batshit crazy. Not perfect here in England either but it seems to be protocol for the police to be heavy handed in the US. Currently they’re openly fucking up people who aren’t posing a threat and 3 or 4 officers jumping on someone when they’re down. Insane. Your politicians don’t seem to give a shit either. They’ll be giving the same “our flag” speech when it’s election time while desperately trying to avoid discussion over any of this. Slightly more off topic but it does make you think what militaries get up to when they invade other countries when the power they have over people’s lives is greater than the police and there’s less chance anything will be done. Kill a whole family and just say oops and move on. Depressing shit.

4 Likes