Jerry Lawler on Stone Cole Steve Austin’s podcast

He has some Valid points mixed in with his ranting

-no young bucks match ever makes sense

-Kenny Olivier has bungled the women’s division so bad they may as well bring in the Fabolous Moolah and Mae Young who even dead are better than Britt Baker

-it makes no sense thst Brandi is Cody’s wife and has a nightmare collective but then comes out with Cody

Anyway. Yes most of his stuff is just old man rants at cloud level but he has some valid points roo

He has some points that are valid, but Brandi hasn’t been coming out with Cody since the nightmare collective stuff started (that stuff is awful but that isn’t the reason).

That said I would take his criticism more seriously if he did not judge in such a biased way. For instance Candice Lerae has worked with Joey Ryan in the past, so regardless of her excellent NXT work he refuses to judge her in a positive light.

For podcasts critical of NXT I find Wade Keller to be much more reasonable and accurate in his criticisms along similar lines.

1 Like

Who is kenny Olivier?

She came out yesterday with him. again it makes sense as he’s getting whipped. But not in the context of her nightmare collective

That’s what he called Omega

That made the angle feel more real to me. Also it seems like they’re getting away from the stupid Nightmare Collective stuff (according to Dark) - because they actually appear to listen to the fans somewhat

It’s what Cornette calls Omega and since Cornette fan boys are brainless idiots, they like to copy him.

3 Likes

It’s a super weird joke to make, since as far as I can tell people respected Laurence Olivier (or at least I assume Cornette is referencing Laurence Olivier).

Laurence Olivier was regarded as an over actor by people of the time…,.hence the term.

1 Like

I dunno man, seen a few films of that era… everyone was over acting.

If Kenny has the legacy of being as respected at Laurence, the joke is really on Cornette I guess.

In comparing Olivier and the other leading actors of his generation, Ustinov wrote, “It is of course vain to talk of who is and who is not the greatest actor. There is simply no such thing as a greatest actor, or painter or composer”.[292] Nonetheless, some colleagues, particularly film actors such as Spencer Tracy, Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall, came to regard Olivier as the finest of his peers.[293] Peter Hall, though acknowledging Olivier as the head of the theatrical profession,[294] thought Richardson the greater actor.[217] Others, such as the critic Michael Coveney, awarded the palm to Gielgud.[295] Olivier’s claim to theatrical greatness lay not only in his acting, but as, in Hall’s words, “the supreme man of the theatre of our time”,[296] pioneering Britain’s National Theatre.[210] As Bragg identified, “no one doubts that the National is perhaps his most enduring monument”.[297]

1 Like

Kenny is like the Jim Carey of wrestling. He overacts with facial expressions. He takes 30 secs to telegraph a V trigger with his finger pointing.

He looks goofy at times. He has great talent and match telling ability but his face and mannerisms are goofy at times

1 Like

Nah, they were just shitty actors taught by one who couldn’t make it, if we’re being honest.

Yes, some random people on a wrestling message board know more about a thing than a classically trained actor.

5 Likes

One thing is obvious though, Omega is shit at selling. It’s comical most of the time. Cornette is also right about Omega’s moronic and constant finger pointing.

I know AEW’s hardcore, brain dead fans don’t like any sort of criticism but Kenny Omega just isn’t that good.

1 Like

I think Cornette calls Omega, “Kenny Olivier”, because Omega has this idea that he’s an actual, deep actor and considers everything he does as art. Cornette calls him “Kenny Olivier” making fun of Omega’s outlook. The over acting is a separate criticism.

Meissner wasn’t a failed actor?

Jokes that need multiple people to explain are my favorite

3 Likes

Reference based jokes often aren’t self explanatory. Glad I could help you out.

Also the case with jokes that don’t work

3 Likes

In this case it does.