Marty Scurll issues statement about the sexual assault allegations against him

He’s not clear if she was so drunk she could not consent.

There is a certain irony in that in this discussion about equality, nobody mentions that in the UK a woman cannot be charged with raping a man and a man can never be too drunk to consent. How is that for equality?

Not arguing age of consent.

Marty Scrull still fucked a child.

Yeah, the level of drunk she was needs more clearing up. Who’s this other guy she mentioned that was there and “in a relationship” with her. He seems like a bigger wrong’un.

Actually he didn’t. The age of majority in the UK is 16.

Oh, right. Because something is the law means it’s moral and right.

Marty Scrull fucked a child. A 16 year old girl.

Who made you the arbiter of morality?

Stop presenting your opinion as fact.

3 Likes

Whether I agree with B Dubz or not, He’s presenting the reality. A sad reality, but it’s the reality of the situation. The world views this 16-year-old girl as an adult even if I don’t.

1 Like

I’m not giving an opinion. I’m merely presenting the facts.

You know what I mean Detroit rock city

I don’t know why I just called you Detroit rock city, but it felt right at the time.

I have no idea what that means!

I don’t give a fuck about Marty Scurl. I just dislike false representation of facts to support a personal position.

I mean you’re just presenting the reality of the situation.

Ah, never heard that expression before.

I gotta agree with @Bdubz here. Arguing about morality of having sex with a 16 year old, seems pointless. It’s obviously immoral, but that doesn’t matter. The fact is that she was of legal age to give consent. The thing that is to be argued here are was whether she was coherent enough to give explicit consent and whether he knew that she was drunk and how drunk.

1 Like

I’m not arguing with anyone but it keeps getting stated: Marty fucked a child.

No he didn’t. 16 is legal in the UK. Thats not a child.

Am I supporting it. No. I have a daughter and if an older man came on to her at 16 - I wouldn’t be impressed. But at 16 its legal. I’m not defending him but you can’t type Marty fucked a child. He didn’t.

The US rules are different. Not drinking till 21 in the US - over the UK its 18 but I was getting served in nightclubs at 16. Cigarettes and Lottery tickets were all fine at 16 when the incident occurred.

So you cannot imply he’s a paedophile.

2 Likes

I’ve always found it weird that in the US when you hit 18, you can go to war, but you can’t drink a beer.
Weird when you think about it like that.

1 Like

Because when the drinking age was 18, 18-year-olds were dying at a ridiculous rate due to drunk driving accidents. It was a staggering number. We already have enough morons who do it that are old, having it at 18 is just going to get a lot of people killed. Can’t do it.

1 Like

Ya I get it, but you have to admit it sounds ironic that drinking is “too dangerous” for an 18 year old, while fighting in war is something the government is OK with.

1 Like

Saw a good joke on Twitter - don’t tell Marty Scurll that ROH turned 18 this year he might lose interest

3 Likes

Laws often do not make much sense especially the older they get. The American constitution was written for a country full of farmers who didn’t want to pay taxes to a king. There were no automatic rifles and still somehow people think that the constitution should not be changed at all.

Here in Germany people are allowed to drink at the age of 16 which means before they are allowed to drive a car by themselves they already have two years drinking experience. We do not have a staggering number of car crashes or fatalities and here on the highways you can often drive as fast as you want. For me to make the legal age for sex 16 makes sense because imagine you are 17 and your girlfriend is 16 and you turn 18 before she turns 17. Are you turning from one day to the other to someone who fucks children like MarkP said?

Cultures are different and I know Americans often have their problems with understanding that because they are being taught that they are the greatest at everything from kindergarden on. The big problem is that I don’t believe Marty Scurll that he is sorry. His apology seems half-hearted.

2 Likes