NJPW G1 Special 2018 LIVE Discussion

Very nice set for NJPW and an emphasis being placed on entrances early. Venue darkly lit so can’t get feel for crowd but did sound very good for Suzuki entrance (remix?!)

JR and Barnett are rough and it’s an unfair comparison thanks to Kevin Kelly’s tremendous work. But it’s little things like talking over Suzuki’s entrance music and crowd participation.

Very clean look for the show overall I’m impressed

3 Likes

Cool finish there with Yano. Always find it creative how they get him wins

1 Like

I thought the first match was pretty good. It was good to see Haku back in the ring.

2 Likes

Face painted GoD is my favorite GoD

1 Like

I hope they give Juice Robinson the title. It’s pretty much a nothing title, but I think Juice would be able to tell a better story defending it in the US.

2 Likes

I just cringed a little seeing Sanada taking that ddt on the apron.

2 Likes

What a Tag match!!!

1 Like

Can’t help but feel that Walter Pyramid show is a bit poorly timed. 4 weeks after All In

1 Like

I just love this pairing with the Bucks against Evil & Sanada. Only seen the Goto match and the Bucks match so far, so I’ll go back and catch up on the first part.

1 Like

That Cody/Kenny promo video was pretty sick!!

2 Likes

That package with Kenny and Cody was great. Omega is such a great talker and that calmness he has and the cockiness of Cody just sold this match even more with that history they summed up.

3 Likes

Am I crazy, or does everything about Okada seem worse now? New song, his hair, his mannerisms, and those damn balloons! AND no jacket. Hopefully this is part of a bigger story

2 Likes

Those balloons were what?!?!

JR fumbling around about what’s coming up while he and Barnett fail to mention Okada and Naito were the main event of WK is exactly why I feel NJPW does a disservice to itself to keep using them. They can’t name any aignature moves or finishers (Barnett seems to be getting them fed to him after each time).

That said - the matches so speak for themselves. I’m curious what the crowd sounds like live. And how full it looks.

1 Like

Was that a new finisher for Osprey?
Still think he should be in the G1

1 Like

Woah!! That cradle suplex was fucking ugly!! Ironically, the Time Bomb looked like the safest move in the match.

1 Like

That match was f’n insane!!! As good if not better than Osprey Scurll from
earlier this year. That was must see!! Great

1 Like

I hope I am wrong but it feels like Hiromu was really hurt cause it seemed like they cut the match short. But man still an insane match. That release dragon driver was so dangerous though. There is no reason to take that bump.

2 Likes

Geez, AXS must be throwing out a shitstorm after all of the cussing that’s coming out of this match.

2 Likes

Axs and NJPW - JR is absolutely shitting on this. He’s completely turned on the product and exposed his true feelings. He has a right to be pissed and White should have had more awareness of where he was around the ring but JR and Barnett crapping on officiating and rules is just a bad look. Limited professionalism outa these guys and I can’t help but feel it’s because they don’t actually like the product.

2 Likes

Where’s Ibushi? :man_shrugging:

1 Like