Owen Hart Dark Side of the Ring

You’re reading my response out of context. The previous poster said that:

“The show was called the final days of Owen Hart. Not how did the Hart family get seduced by money from Vince.”

My response was meant to imply that Bret is not going to get “seduced by money” and fall in line so to speak. I agree with you, Bret will not shy away from the truth regardless of who he pisses off, family or WWE which is why I wish he was in the documentary.

Completely agree with you regarding the lawsuit as well. This story easily could have been two episodes, sucks that they crammed it all into one. The death of Owen Hart should not have had the same time allotment as the Brawl for All.

Please stop lying, I blamed WWE multiple times but you know that.
Lets just put this to rest, its getting embarrassing.
This is not a shot at you, I’m referring to myself as well. We are just going in circles, nobody wants to read two posters say the same thing over and over and over again.

New slogan for the forums?

4 Likes

Anyways, I watched it last night, and was thoroughly impressed with it. I’m glad that it focused on Martha and her family. And I cannot believe how slimy Vince is looking throughout this series…

1 Like

Cool bonus scene

So did I hear right that Vince countersued Martha? And if so, what was he attempting to sue for? If the company that did the rigging, lied to the WWE about their qualifications, then was it the WWEs responsibility to find out if they were telling the truth? Im not being a smartass, Im really wondering what the WWE shouldve done that they didnt. The show continuing after the fall should never have happened and the blame for that goes squarely on Vince. Even Jim Cornette thought that shouldnt have happened

Not to get into this again but the producers did reach out to Bret but he didn’t get back to them in time

1 Like

You haven’t paid any attention, it seems. WWE wanted quicker release from the rig than the safe one the guys that did the Sting one were doing, thus the safety rope was removed. Meanwhile the lock (or whatever) that was used, it’s use was for completely different purpose (pulling stuff, I think and to hang stuff on it) - it actually didn’t malfunctioned but did exactly what was designed to do, thus Martha decided to not go for them, but full on against WWE for negligence.

And yes - Vince did counter-sued Martha - first cause in Owen’ contract was stated that he cannot sue WWE if something happens to him (I guess this one extends from any injury sustained), which was dropped cause it was Owen’s contract and not Martha’ and secondly they wanted to move the case to Connecticut where the laws were different and they would have be on a home ground.

Not to say the WWE blatantly lied on TV that Owen had pulled the release rope prematurely, trying to drop the blame on him.

Another curious (and infuriating) part from the case is that, according to Dave Meltzer, WWE might’ve actually made some money out of the insurance and other stuff. At the very least he believes they’ve broke even.

If I recall from John’s audio doc, it was in Owen’s contract that litigation had to take place in Connecticut. So yes, you’re right about that. Technically the countersuit was “breach of contract”.

No worries man, thanks for posting. If there was a Hart Martha may be comfortable with being in the doc, it probably would be Bret.

Episode was far too short and could easily have gone for 2 or 3.

Wonder if they had their hands tied in the amount of detail they could go into about the court case re: the riggers.

You can definitely understand why Martha doesn’t want Owen in the Hall of Fame after watching this.

1 Like

I know someone said this, but this confirms it. Watch from 7:50 forward to see Brets opinion on Dark Side of the Ring, he did not like the way they did the screwjob.

1 Like