Please vote!

I just don’t see how anything Trump did over his run has motivated anyone new to vote for him.

He has his support but how did he convince undecided people to join his side?

Biden is ultimately a lot more likeable and less scary (for Americans) than Hilary was so if this thing is completely fair I’d be stunned to see trump win.

This was my point from up above. There just isn’t enough to differentiate multiple parties where it doesn’t weaken one of the big two. Seems like there would always be grouping.

1 Like

I can see that. I would imagine that most elections (that aren’t a complete clusterfuck) eventually boil down to an incumbent/favorite on one side, and everybody else backing the one candidate that is poses the biggest threat to that incumbent/favorite. So you have a de facto two-party election. But to me, that’s still more democratic than an overarching statement that “these are our two parties forever, and everybody else is just a vote-stealing wingnut”.

1 Like

My vote goes to this legend!

It’s always difficult and often bewildering to follow another countries politics. For example, I was paying close attention to the Brexit saga in the UK and various elections around it and was stunned every single time the UK voted for Brexit and the Torries pushing for it.

I think you really need to live somewhere to understand the politics and very often all the history that goes into the decisions made today. Especially in America where it seems like we vote more than any other country solely for our own individual interests.

Same here.

Having the early voting encouraged by the state sending out ballots to everybody that’s registered was cool by me, especially since the drop box in my town is where my usual polling place is (which is also a police station, so no fear of funny business for me). Drove past it earlier today, and the lot was barren whereas it was very crowded four years ago.

I’m also a big fan of 538 and you prove Nate Silvers point with your post. Trump supporters aren’t shy. They are attracted and emboldened by his personality and actions. They want to be surveyed and say they are going to vote for Trump. They want to see polls that show Trump winning.

Which hopefully means the polls are close to accurate, in which case Biden is highly likely to win with almost 350 electoral votes and a massive popular vote lead. Which would be considered a landslide.

Speaking of polls. There is a great article at 538 here about “what if” there are similar polling errors to 2016.

TLDR: Even with polling errors the size of 2016 (4-5 point swings) because of Bidens large lead in the polls in key states he would be expected to win Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and New Hampshire. Add that to the list of solid blue states and Biden wins the election, just by slimmer margins.

@RedRaider07 couldn’t disagree more with Nate and don’t see how my point is making his point. In fact, I know dozens of Trump leaning people that would never admit it in New York. I know dozens of Trump leaning folks here that simply say nothing.

If his point is that trump supporters are boisterous - well yeah duh. But the guy is radioactive and there is a huge stigma with suggesting you’d support him and I have seen first hand people outright lie or agree with pro Biden or anti-Trump sentiment while I know in private how those people feel.

Nates argument is there is no evidence as if you’d ever get evidence to demonstrate that people told you or didn’t say who they really supported. Like no shit, that’s why they are a shy or silent block of voters. You don’t get evidence for something people are hiding, his argument too rooted in unprovable metrics by design that he simply wants evidence.

I’ve lived in America all my life and I still find trump bewildering.

I feel like he’s had dozens of scandals/boners/awful decisions that would have sunk any other candidate.

How about when mocked the disabled reporter or was caught on tape saying horribly sexist garbage or when he tweeted a video with a guy yelling white power

From my neck of the woods: I have never liked Trump. I was shaking my head or facepalming in disbelief to a lot stuff I read or heard he said through those last years. Thus said: the offensive I see against him from the far left media and Hollywood in the last months in particular, made me want to see him win, just so I can see these absolute bottom of the barrel douchebags, that ruined entertainment and made my escapism brutally political, go into total meltdown.

Also, this Biden guy… from what I’ve heard he’s not far from Trump in the brain damage department.

So, good luck USA - you’ll need it no matter who wins.

What great well wishes

I hope we can continue to entertain you while circling the drain

No, it’s Power Uti.

Dude, trust me - you’ve got it way better than what we have here in my shit hole (a retail Putin, ex actual guard of the last authoritarian communist president in our history). The entire country is in actual shambles. Wanna hear how much a regular salary is? Pension? Our health system?

Trust me - you’ve got it way better.

partci, do you live in Russia?

Thank god no. Eastern Europe. It’s a bit better. But still a shit hole.

So, no Fight Forever chant?
Count Forever?

Seriously, this sucks.