PostMarks Profiles

I thought it would be nice to get to know each other slightly better and maybe get some insight into our likes and dislikes etc…

I thought if we could all answer some standard questions, feel free to add more if you wish…

What era did you grow up with:
Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye:
Who was the wrestler who kept you coming back for more:
Who was the wrestler that made you Fast Forward:
What PPV have you watched more than any other:
What match was your first 5 Star classic:
Who’s your favourite wrestler today:

3 Likes

I’ll go first:

What era did you grow up with: Late 80’s
Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye: The Ultimate Warrior
Who was the wrestler who kept you coming back for more: Bret Hart
Who was the wrestler that made you Fast Forward: Greg Valentine
What PPV have you watched more than any other: Royal Rumble 94
What match was your first 5 Star classic: Bret vs Mr Perfect King of the Ring 93
Who’s your favourite wrestler today: Daniel Bryan

1 Like

Ok. I’ll play!

What era did you grow up with: Early 90s
Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye: Randy Savage
Who was the wrestler who kept you coming back for more: Bret Hart/Owen Hart (I’m originally from Calgary) or Vader (90s WCW). Honorable mention to Kota Ibushi :wink::heart_eyes::blush::laughing:!
Who was the wrestler that made you Fast Forward: Million Dollar Man, Money Inc., and the Million Dollar Corporation.
What PPV have you watched more than any other: WrestleMania 5, 94 Super J Cup (my first tape!), or Wrestle Kingdom 9 or 10
What match was your first 5-star classic (when knowing what a five-star classic was and looked like): Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio Jr. - Halloween Havoc. (not knowing) Razor vs HBK - WM X
Who’s your favourite wrestler today: You all already know this answer….Kenny Omega :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Brucie Bonus, OSW-style “Boy Stable:” The Mountie, The Bezerker, YOSHI-HASHI, La Parka, Faces of Fear, and Tomohiro Ishii.

2 Likes

Started with Summerslam 1991 and was all in on WWF. I remember watching WCW Saturday Night as well, but I don’t remember much from that era other than Sting.

Ultimate Warrior. Ironically, the first PPV I ever saw was the card where he got fired. But I was watching so much old stuff borrowed from my neighbor, that I don’t think I ever realized he was gone when he came back at Mania 8.

Bret Hart

DX. Even though their comedy should have been in my wheelhouse as a teenager, I think even then I was embarrassed to watch grown men act like frat boys (grown men pretending to fight, however, was serious business).

I had Wrestlemania X and Summerslam 1994 on the same tape. But probably that Mania since it was first on the cassette.

Bret/Owen and Shawn/Razor from Mania X.

Gunther

2 Likes

What era did you grow up with: Started watching as a teenager in the Attitude era. 1998.
Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye: Sable lol
Who was the wrestler who kept you coming back for more: Stone Cold Steve Austin
Who was the wrestler that made you Fast Forward: Goldust. I really didn’t get the gimmick or look at the time.
What PPV have you watched more than any other: WrestleMania X-Seven was one of the few PPV’s I had on DVD. So I’ve watched that the most.
What match was your first 5 Star classic: Is this the first match that I thought was a 5 star match? Mankind vs The Rock where Mankind wins his first WWF championship on Raw in January 1999. I didn’t get to order many PPV’s so most of the matches I watched were on TV.
Who’s your favorite wrestler today: I can’t believe it but it’s Cody Rhodes. Finish the story!

2 Likes

What era did you grow up with: Ruthless Agression Era (2004-2007)
Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye: John Cena
Who was the wrestler who kept you coming back for more: Kenny Omega
**What PPV have you watched more than any other:**Survivor Series 2002 (watching the First Elimination match was mind blowing when I learned about it)
**What match was your first 5 Star classic:**Kenny Omega vs Tetsuya Naito G1 Climax 26
Who’s your favourite wrestler today: Kenny Omega

2 Likes

Yeah I mean your 5 star match not anyone else’s.

It could be Bushwackers vs the Fabulous Rougeaus if that’s what floats your boat

2 Likes

I was gonna have Bushwhackers vs Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff as my first five-star match.

1 Like

Early 90s

Randy Savage

Bret Hart

Sgt. Slaughter

Royal Rumble 93 and Summerslam 92. Only two tapes we had growing up and watched them over and over and over.

Randy Savage vs Ultimate Warrior retirement match

MJF

2 Likes

What era did you grow up with: Early 90s. Started watching regularly in 1993.
Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye: My dad claimed it was Hulk Hogan, but I say it was Randy Savage.
Who was the wrestler who kept you coming back for more: Razor Ramon.
Who was the wrestler that made you Fast Forward: I didn’t fast-forward, just zoned out, but probably the team Well Dunn.
What PPV have you watched more than any other: 1998 Royal Rumble, for spots in the Rumble match.
What match was your first 5 Star classic: One of the matches on WrestleMania X: Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, or the Ladder Match.
Who’s your favourite wrestler today: Bryan Danielson

2 Likes

What era did you grow up with: Hulkamania/New Generation Era (I started watching regularly in 1990, but once I started I went back and rented all the tapes from the 80’s)

Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye: Hulk Hogan

Who was the wrestler who kept you coming back for more: Shawn/Bret

Who was the wrestler that made you Fast Forward: Giant Gonzalez???

What PPV have you watched more than any other: Early Royal Rumbles 1991-1993 and Wrestlemania 7 I used to watch over and over again as a kid.

What match was your first 5 Star classic. Bret Hart vs Mr. Perfect SumerSlam '91 (I also used to love watching Savage/Dibiase WM4, Warrior/Savage WM7, no idea if they hold up lol)

Who’s your favourite wrestler today: Sami Zayn (with Adam Cole a super close second. A year ago I would have said Cole)

1 Like

If you ask me, Warrior/Savage is Savage’s masterpiece. Post-match very much included.

Savage/DiBiase is pretty good for 1988 WWF. But watching in retrospect, it’s hard not to focus on Hogan stealing the spotlight.

2 Likes

Yaaaa I can see that lol, Hogan definitely liked to get the spotlight. Though at least in that case it was the beginning of a slow build for the main event of WM5.

This is a good idea

What era did you grow up with: Very late 80s/Early 90s
Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye: Hulk Hogan
Who was the wrestler that made you Fast Forward: Randy Orton
What PPV have you watched more than any other: WrestleMania V
What match was your first 5 Star classic: Bret vs Owen - WrestleMania X
Who’s your favourite wrestler today: Sami Zayn

3 Likes

What era did you grow up with: 90’s WCW & WWE
Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye: The British Bulldog
Who was the wrestler that made you Fast Forward: The Undertaker
What PPV have you watched more than any other: Wrestlemania 17
What match was your first 5 Star classic: British Bulldog vs Bret Hart, Summerslam 1992
Who’s your favourite wrestler today: Swerve Strickland

3 Likes
1 Like

What era did you grow up with: Tail end of 99, so mostly 2000s
Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye: The Hardy Boyz
Who was the wrestler who kept you coming back for more: The Rock
Who was the wrestler that made you Fast Forward: Triple H
What PPV have you watched more than any other: NXT Takeover Brooklyn
What match was your first 5 Star classic: Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian - No Mercy 99
Who’s your favourite wrestler today: GUNTHER

Essa Rios, Funaki, all 73 members of Special K & The Proletariat Boar of Moldova.

3 Likes

I’ll add a question like Jamead suggested.

What was the first wrestling event you attended live?

For me it was a Smackdown taping in October 2011 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. HBK & HHH did off-camera DX reunion before the show. Nothing really special about the episode. Randy Orton won a 40 man battle royal. But it was a blast being my first show after being a fan for 13 years.

2 Likes

What was the first wrestling event you attended live?

There’s no way we stayed for all of this. Definitely stayed for Hogan/Taker. But with guys working multiple jobber matches (and me being six years old), I don’t remember much else all that vividly other than seeing Taker put a job guy in a bodybag and seeing Ric Flair.

WWF @ New Haven, CT – Coliseum – November 13, 1991
Chris Chavis defeated Bob Bradley
Chris Walker defeated the Berzerker
Tito Santana defeated the Berzerker (w/ Mr. Fuji) via disqualification
Randy Savage (sub. for Sid Justice) pinned Jake Roberts
Ric Flair (w/ Mr. Perfect) defeated WWF IC Champion Bret Hart via count-out
The Bushwhackers defeated the Beverly Brothers
WWF Tag Team Champions the Legion of Doom defeated the Natural Disasters via disqualification
WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan defeated the Undertaker via disqualification
The Barbarian pinned Mark Thomas with a clothesline off the top
The Big Bossman pinned Von Krus with the sidewalk slam
Ric Flair (w/ Mr. Perfect) defeated Glen Ruth via submission with the figure-4
Jim Duggan & Sgt. Slaughter defeated Dale Wolfe & Paul Perez
Davey Boy Smith pinned Dave Wilson with the running powerslam
Repo Man defeated Phil Apollo via submission with the leglock
WWF Tag Team Champions the Legion of Doom defeated the Executioners
The Mountie (w/ Jimmy Hart) pinned Al Phillips with a sidewalk slam
Ted Dibiase (w/ Sensational Sherri) defeated Ross Greenberg via submission with the Million $ Dream
Owen Hart & Jim Neidhart defeated Kato & Peter Weeks when Owen pinned Weeks following the Rocket Launcher
Greg Valentine pinned Barry Horowitz at with an elbow drop
The Nasty Boys (w/ Jimmy Hart) defeated Paul Perez & Mario Mancini
The Bushwhackers (w/ Jamison) defeated Barry Hardy & Brian Donahue
Jake Roberts pinned Ross Greenberg with the DDT
Virgil defeated Von Krus via submission with the Million $ Dream
The Natural Disasters (w/ Jimmy Hart) defeated Bill Pierce & Kevin Drake
Tito Santana pinned Chris Duffy with the flying forearm
The Beverly Brothers (w/ the Genius) defeated Jim Arnone & Sonny Blaze
Ric Flair (w/ Mr. Perfect) defeated Dale Wolfe via submission with the figure-4 at 1:40
Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty defeated Bob Wisseman & Paul Perez
IRS pinned Phil Apollowith the Write Off Samoan Drop
The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) pinned Al Phillips
Jim Duggan & Sgt. Slaughter defeated Chris Duffy & Peter Weeks

2 Likes

** What was the first wrestling event you attended live?

A random WWE house show in Calgary around 1991-92ish. I was 5 or 6. Main event was Undertaker (with body bag gimmick) vs Ultimate Warrior.

Edit: So, I was inspired by all of you and did a little cage match digging to find the card for my first show. After which, I sent my mom a text to clarify. LOL. The show I am remembering was the second show I attended: an early birthday present from my Grandparents I was spending the summer with, as they lived on the other side of the country.

The card I’m remembering was this one:

This was my actual first show from February 1991:

I specifically remember Power and Glory, the Road Warriors, and a pair of cheap hitman shades (lol). Apparently, I met Tito Santana earlier in the day at my mom’s hotel job. Which explains why I had a Tito Santana shirt as a kid. Arriba! LOL.

2 Likes