Raw 18th feb discussion chat/thread

Well well well what’s happening here then! Really hope there is at least a strong storyline for this. The booking on the recent nxt call ups for the most part has been absolutely woeful.

Is my TV broken those NXT callups didn’t get a big pop

Yea pretty quiet crowd so far. Even when he announced Kofi’s name

Never a fan of call ups right before wrestlemania. Something about this doesn’t sit right with me just reeks of desperation

2 Likes

This writing staff is SO clueless as how to call talent up and introduce them. Michael Cole - bless his soul - giving Tinder Bios of the four guys is just dreadful. it doesn’t make these guys seem cool. It’s out of place with no storyline introduction and it is awkward to anyone who knows them, or anyone who doesn’t who is asking rhemself why are we getting these guys now, 6 weeks before Mania?

I enjoyed the quick introductions that Cole gave to the in-home viewers

Of course, I wouldn’t PREFER dudes just randomly being called up vs. giving the fans weeks worth of notice.

But we will see how it plays out

1 Like

DIY Vs Revival!!!

2 Likes

It was better than the last group. But my friend, a casual fan who is definitely the target audience for new call ups, just texted me asking why these guys are getting brought up 6 weeks before the biggest show of the year. He likened it to MLB expanded rosters where these guys feel like they are getting run before the playoffs but won’t contribute. He’s not entirely wrong. And he’s also the person that watches Raw that needs to like these guys for them to get over. Not us who know them already.

2 Likes

Triple H introduces them in the most “these actors will be pretending alongside our actors now” way possible, and then the announcers can’t even act surprised because they’re about to narrate intro videos.

Maybe Trips is too enamored with himself to accept that the NXT audience is just a small portion of the Raw audience? Or maybe nobody cares because WrestleMania is in 48 days and you just listed four guys with no current main roster program?

2 Likes

Should be an awesome awesome match I can’t deny them that maybe this is all just a ploy to get their Grappl ratings up :slight_smile:

Why couldn’t the Revival make a challenge to any tag team and DIY answer?? Then explain their history on commentary. Is that too difficult a way to introduce them?

Or announce this match is happening and run video packages chronicalling the history of the feud in NXT and explaining DIY are putting their differences aside to come up to the main roster and reignite the rivalry

1 Like

Yea sure Paul that’s why Brock left the UFC :roll_eyes:

Trying to pop a rating

1 Like

I’m slightly annoyed we’ve all been denied the surprise element to all of these call-ups tbh aleister black’s 1st appearance could of been an incredible debut.

Dude, this crowd sucksssss assssss. But then again, it’s Louisiana.

2 Likes

It’s a TV Show so obviously I don’t blame them for making this one big opening segment with Hunter/Braun/Heyman/Finn all teasing apperances before breaks. Why not do this every week? Also man this crowd is dead

Lashley and Rush are cool again?

Haha didn’t lashley try to break lio rush’s spine last night?..

Aleister Black made his main roster debut already. Twice!

One on Main event against Curt Hawkins
The other on the 2019 Royal Rumble match!

Dude, this crowd sucksssss assssss. But then again, it’s Louisiana.

Lafayette, Louisiana, to be exact.

Probably not the best market to introduce cutting edge (relatively) young stars. Sure, New Orleans is only like 100km away, but a lot of the audience will not be the urban-hip crowd that goes for Gargano or Black.