RAW/SMACKDOWN Superstar Shakeup From Montreal Live Thread.

Beard guys Rowe and Hanson vs. Beard guys Rowan and Harper.

So I get the name change, I just don’t get why nobody in creative saw this coming before they debuted in NXT (much less before putting the tag titles on them).

1 Like

I care less about their individual names as I do the team name.

Questions:

• Who is the GM of Raw?
  • Who is the GM of Smackdown?
  • Who is making these picks?
  • Why do Stephanie and Shane seemingly have zero say about who is on their shows?
  • Why do we not know if someone is for sure on Raw or Smackdown until Smackdown? (IE: Ricochet)
  • Why did the War Raiders change their team name and individual names?
  • What is a Viking Experience?
  • Ibor or Ivor?
  • How many brain cells does Vince have left?
1 Like

The mic work last night by Zayn was incredible, he really should get pushed to the moon.

I also liked the Andrade move. He was severely underused on SD.

But the Viking Experience :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Just the worst.

LOL

3 Likes

I know it was the superstar shakeup…but damn, I didnt think they were gonna shakeup The Usos into 2 nerdy white guys.

1 Like

So hung up on names…ermahgerd change…change…change.

For people who accuse the man who runs this company as stuck in the past…y’all seem to hate change more than he does.

For me it is not that a change occurred it’s that the name is stupid. Look at it this way, you have Stone Cold as an avatar. What would you think if when he was in WWE if they changed his name to the Red Neck experience. Or if the USOs became the Samoan experience. It is a stupid name. You want them to be Erik and Ivar, cool those are Viking names I’m ok with that (it isn’t really positive or negative just different) but changing from War Raiders to Viking Experience is a downgrade. Not that War Raiders is amazing but it is better than what they have now.

My avatar is Roman Reigns actually.

And besides…if the talent is actually good, you could name them anything. The Undertaker and Mankind are stupid names to the uninitiated.

Is it just because of the “experience” part? Damn you must’ve hated Jim Hendrix’s band then lol.

To quote Shakespeare “what’s in a name?”.

The Undertaker and Mankind are actually not bad names especially given other names at that time. Wrestling today is not as hokey. Mankind sounds super good compared to say Repo Man, Irwin R Schiester, The gobbledygooker etc. Same with the undertaker.

The experience part does matter in how it is framed. The Jimmy Hendrix Experince sounds cool because you are there to see him and he is cool. If Adam Cole came up and undisputed Era became the Adam Cole Experince I would actually have less issue. It is more the “hey look at these Viking guys, we are giving you the Viking Experince.” It comes off as being about trademark because just calling the The Vikings would sound way better.

If names don’t matter just call them The Ding Dongs. Maybe call one guy Test and the other Meat. Possibly Chilly McFreeze or Beaver Cleavage.

Yeah names dont matter

It is not even the name in my opinion. It’s the fact that these guys have been in your developmental system, had a gimmick, had a name and were pushed as these characters for a year or whatever and then suddenly, out of nowhere they become these new guys. Why did these guys suddenly change their names and team name, after all this time? Will we ever get a reason for it?

No, we wont get a legit reason. If they had started in NXT with these names, they’d suck, but by this point everyone would be over the names. I’ve seen a lot of shit online about “continuity” this week. This is pretty shitty continuity in my opinion.

Well, maybe we can get “Hanson” back?!

2 Likes

Interesting

He’s always been underutilized by the WWE.

Q: Who is the GM of Raw?
A:The Mcmahons

Q:Who is the GM of Smackdown?
A : The mcmahons

Q: Who is making these picks?:
A:The Mcmahons

Q: Why do Stephanie and Shane seemingly have zero say about who is on their shows?:
A: because they drop that storyline months ago and now both raw and smackdown are control by the mcmahon which make the brand split pointless since both shows have the same bosses.

Q: Why do we not know if someone is for sure on Raw or Smackdown until Smackdown? (IE: Ricochet)
A: because they don’t know themselves

Q: Why did the War Raiders change their team name and individual names?
A: mostly to try something different that will probably be modified agains a a few week when they realize how dumb those name are

Q: What is a Viking Experience?
A: I have no clue, i would have called them the pirates or the vikings

Q: Ibor or Ivor?
A: I’m guessing Ivor

Q:How many brain cells does Vince have left?
A: more then the average hardcore wrestling fan

Personally I think this is more an issue (at least to me) that they were established with a gimmick in NXT and quite prominent. NXT isn’t an obscure product in the WWE Brand. We saw the pop they got when they were announced, most of the universe knew who they were. Why change their name? Creative is inconsistent when all other NXT stars from the last two years have keep their gimmicks in tact to my knowledge.

I think if they came in fresh with this gimmick it wouldn’t be as big an issue.

Didn’t quite understand why they were paired up with the Revival either to establish them as a new heel team? Their move set, their interactions with the crowd all screams “face” to me.

I thought Shane and Stephanie are “commissioners” or whatever weird verbiage Vince chooses for the day.

So there are no GMs and the two commissioners are friends. It’s like they’re trading toys from each other or something. It’s beyond stupid.

So how and why are these changes being made? Why did AJ Styles just show up on RAW? None of it makes any sense.

1 Like

How did Shane McMahon not know that Miz was going to show up?

1 Like

exactly, they did that before the holidays when corbin lost at TLC and was fired as interim GM. On that Raw, they did this whole promo that made no sense where all 4 mcmahons were controlling both brand and that the ‘‘fans’’ would decide what going on. That’s where they also annouce the crappy NXT called up. This made no sense at the time and it still doesn’t make sense as both show have the same bosses and we just have a brand split for the sake of having a brand split.

So if Joe wasn’t drafted to Raw does that mean we have 4 singles titles on SD now?

WWE Championship
US Championship
Intercontinental Championship
Smackdown Women’s Championship

I mean damn WWE I know you want to reassure Fox that the big money deal was worth it but this feels like stacking the deck a weee bit.