Rewind-A-Dynamite 1/22/20: I’m On A Boat

Oh, man… those Charlotte promos are the top of the cringe for me. Bayley since she turned heel, the material they give her… Jesus Christ. And she was never like, a great promo, maybe decent, but nothing more. Becky is a good talker, for example, but sometimes they script her just the dirt worse stuff too.

Funny enough, the best on promos (from the female side) on the main roster right now is Asuka. And I can’t understand 95% of what she’s saying.

2 Likes

Britt Baker’s delivery killed that promo. It should have been taped backstage or something, aired before her entrance. If you want to play to people’s strengths, then don’t let them die on tv like that. It’s like she got lost mid interview, then tried to physically disappear while on the mic…

1 Like

This Promo was way better with John’s delivery than it was with Baker.

Tony mouthing the words What The Fuck was actually a great sell. Good point @TheBenjamin

3 Likes

Yep, the crowd censorship was on TNT.

For the life of me I can’t understand: is it this so hard for the crowd noise and the commentators voices be on different channels, so when the crowd spits obscenities you can mute only the crowd, but the commentators to keep talking over it? Instead the entire sound is “flat” (like JPEG file) and you are butchering its entirety.

BTW this statistic again (the better man lost, lol):

2 Likes

Britt Baker’s promo made Ricochet look like a natural on the mic.

I mean his Promo Monday was very bad as Well “Are Yoouu Scared.” :flushed:. With Eyes bugging out.

I dont think Ricochet has ever made the crowd react to anything he’s ever said in WWE. He’s scripted to be the biggest loser alive.

AEW and NXT crowds will make themselves react to anything going on. It’s not really much of an achievement. They see themselves as part of the show. There was zero life in Britt Baker’s promo.

Totally disagree it was a heel promo. She insulted a man for having a normal working class job and got booed. It was effective. She entered the match as a babyface. How much more “life” do you want?

1 Like

How about a resonable acting job? She’s worse than a 5 yr old in drama class

She acted like a bitch and got booed, it was effective. For her first heel promo to get the crowd to turn on her was good. The delivery wasn’t perfect but so what? Baker is going to be a really good heel

No she’s not. She’s really not. She sucks in ring and she’s a horrible promo. The crowd was also booing her bc they wanted her gone. If all it takes to get wrestling fans to hate a heel is that level of acting ability then wrestling fans really are stupid as shit

1 Like

Is it possible to get AEW on FITE in Canada w/o VPN?

I don’t have cable and the fact that TSN Live costs more than Disney+ and Netflix is an absolute joke. I don’t have cable and have no plans to get it but I want to support AEW but can’t justify $20 to TSN Live and many of my friends say the service sucks.

Use iptv you can get both AEW and NXT

“She entered the match as a babyface”…

You’re saying that as if she was a super over fan favourite and shocked the world with a heel turn and a great heel promo. :joy: I thought she turned heel some time ago anyway in that terrible backstage interview that Riho was having…

1 Like

He’s trolling. Britt Baker is the worst

Cause Carmella and the IIconics are master technicians.

Carmella and the Iiconics are at least decent km the mic (which this discussion is about) and they’re hardly being focused on in WWE. Britt Baker is one of the top women in AEW.

Also, once again, any slight criticism of anything to do with AEW = “Yeah but WWE…” :joy: