REWIND-A-DYNAMITE 3/3/21: Shaq, Revolution Go-Home, Jim Crockett Jr.

Not sure if this is anything, but there is no Brock Lesnar merch on WWE shop. Is this a new thing? Didnt this happen right before Sting joined AEW? Am I just trying to talk myself into it being Brock?

Brock Lesnarā€™s merch has been pulled since pretty much his last match in WWE, I think. Itā€™s been a while.

1 Like

Damn. I was hoping it was recent and meant something.

If this will comfort you till tonight, heā€™s not been under contract approximately since his merch was pulled, so you can still hope. A bit. :slight_smile:

Its going to be Christian or Angle. Even though I like both those guys, Iā€™d rather see Ryback to be honest. Because at least he wasnt someone who was in TNA and I think if you book him a certain way, he could be half decent.

As a person who is already getting tired of the ā€œwink wink, weā€™ll do better with this guyā€ kind of on-screen signing story, Iā€™d also be more interested for a Ryback type over anyone particularly current to WWE. Honestly at this point, though, I donā€™t know what can live up to the hype other than Punk/Brock or someone active being plucked, itā€™s probably a big let down if not. I donā€™t really even know what getting Christian or Angle does for them other than getting some sort of trophy for his wall.

This.

Would anybody honestly get excited for Christian?

Seems like a nice guy, and is solid enough in the ringā€¦ but Iā€™ve never seen the fuss about him as a singles talent.

Yeah, totally agree. He is solid and I think he would be a great mystery guy in the ladder match but he doesnā€™t deserve the amount of hype this is getting.

Plus itā€™s the exact same thing TNA did 15 years ago. No different if itā€™s Angle - TNA did the same thing years before when both guys had more value.

1 Like

If it is Christian, I think I would have preferred he stay with WWE and have one last run with Edge. Giving them less of a workload in tag matches and keeping both as ā€œspecial attractionsā€.

2 Likes

They pulled it in September:

1 Like

I wonā€™t lie, they have me VERY curious. Here are my thoughts on some of the potential options that I have read/thought about:

CM Punk: I think this is the home run. Punk would instantly become their #1 name. I think his addition to the roster would be awesome for both the hardcore fans, and casual fans, and I could even see it leading to some WWE hardcore fans making a point to watch AEW. If its CM Punk, Im calling it right now, this Wed they break 1mil. He has already said its not him, but its wrestling lol, people lie.

Brock Lesnar: This would probably be the second most impactful person, itā€™s even debatable that his impact would be great than Punk. I think hardcore AEW fans would be a bit annoyed as I dont think they want to see Lesnar come in to AEW and squash guys like Omega, Moxley etc. (I think he is part of the reason some of them got bored with WWE) BUT I think this would really help AEW bring in some new fans. Like I said above, if its Lesnar, IMO they break 1mil this Wed.

Kurt Angle: IMO, huge let down, especially after using terms like ā€œgame changerā€. I love Angle, and I think in his day he was one of the greatest of all time. However, in 2021, he makes me nervous being in the ring and he can barely move. Nothing against him as a performer, heā€™s an all time great, but his time in the ring is sadly over. Plus, I dont want to see a repeat of TNA, AEW has to be careful that they dont come off as TNA 2.0, which is something they have so far done successfully, lets keep that going.

Christian: I hope this isnt it on many levels as I think it would be a huge letdown to the AEW audience, and I think it would suck for WWE fans as right now with Edge doing what he is doing Christian has a built in story with WWE. Some outlets are saying his contract is not technically up yet, so Iā€™m hoping its not him, but again, its wrestling and people lie.

RVD: Like Angle, much respect for what he has accomplished in his career, but he isnt a game changer in 2021, and I really hope its not him. TNA has done that already, and it wasnā€™t that great. You could bring him in, but with this much hype you are just asking for a letdown. Unfortunately, with news of Christian still being under contract, this is who I think it is going to be. Plus Khan has said that its one of his favourites of all time, and I dont see Khan being a WWE fan, I could definitely see him being a ECW fan.

Kazuchika Okada I think to the hardcores, this is a homerun, however to the casual fans or to the WWE fans that dont watch AEW, I dont think this does much. Its kind of the reverse of Lesnar. With that said, I would personally love to see it! This is who I want it to be.

Batista: I doubt it, I canā€™t see him wanting to do it, I canā€™t see him being one of Khans favorites, and he said he retired. Hardcodes are not into him, I just dont see this happening.

Guys like Austin, Rock, and Taker would definitely receive the largest ā€œHoly Shitā€ reactions, but Iā€™m pretty sure all are under contract with WWE. With that said, we all thought Lugar was under contract with WWE in the 90ā€™s until we saw him walk into the mall on Nitro.

1 Like

People seem to act like Brock was in charge of how he was presented. WWE decided all of that.
When Brock worked against smaller guys and was motivated, he was / is, incredible.

Give me a motivated Brock in a new environment, and I believe he could do good things.

1 Like

Agreed. Iā€™d fine with Lesnar, but I think there is a segment that wouldnt want him to be the guy. I didnt even really have an issue with the way he was used in WWE quite frankly, I could have done without the last title run, but overall I liked him in WWE. He had a great program with Goldberg which sounds crazy, I liked his match with Balor, his murdering of Cena, the Orton match, and he totally put over Drew with his elimination last year. Off the top of my head, I just remember hating the Hunter feud and Ambrose feud.

Personally I think it would freshen him up, and if used properly he could really help AEW. Unfortunately you would have to feed him a few guys, but then when someone beats him (lets say Hangman), it would mean alot.

1 Like

Brock coming in to beat a bunch of people before losing to Cody seems like something Iā€™m going to very much enjoy reading about how great it was in a year or so.

I just realized how funny itā€™s going to be when they try to talk Brock into Jon Moxley and Dean Ambrose not being the same person.

I have talked myself into this being my preferred surprise.

1 Like

The more and more I think about it, Iā€™m starting to lean towards Cain Velasquez. Heā€™s definitely HOF worthy (in MMA), he would be a surprise, heā€™s not stale, heā€™s not in any way labeled as a ā€œTNA guyā€ or ā€œWWE guyā€.

He would also be a very unique character in AEW as they really donā€™t have anyone like him at the moment.

Lastly, it would be good for AEW to get some more diversity in the main event scene something they are lacking a bit at the moment.

1 Like

I was ready to make some sort of ā€œnon-former WWE or NJPW champions?ā€ joke about diversity and then decided to look up the actual title matches andā€¦wowā€¦the two Eddie Kingston matches, Fenix, and Scorpio Sky are the entire list. Two of those had no build up. I didnā€™t realize how small the percentage was.

And if it turns out to be Brock, thatā€™s just adding to the lack of diversity. And by that I mean 75% of champions being Canadian of course.

1 Like

Having just seen the ā€œexplosionā€ I donā€™t think I need to answer this. The prosecution rests

1 Like

The rest of the match was great, including the multiple explosions throughout the match.

1 Like

Great call. 4 (horsemen)Points to you