ROYAL RUMBLE 2023 THREAD

WTF is this nu-metal country music. This style died on rock stations in 2002.

2 Likes

This dude thinks hes kid rock

1 Like

Spoiler. Hes not

1 Like

What the heck is ā€œmusicalā€ performance ? The crowd looks bored as hell. I canā€™t watch this Iā€™m losing brain cells

I put it on mute and left the room for several minutes :joy:

I hope the money from Mountain Dew and Hardyā€™s agency paid for something really good.

1 Like

Hardy the musical Shockmaster with an all-time brutal performance. Iā€™ll give him credit where itā€™s due, there was nothing average or forgettable about that. That was hilariously awful.

1 Like

With this ramp it will be midnight by the time Roman gets to the ring.

Sami Zayns shirt is pre ripped at the neck. A sign of a possible ripping off of the Honorary Uce shirt with a KO shirt under it?

I think it gets ripped but no shirt underneath it.

Holy shit this is a long show. Romans entrance took like half an hour :yawning_face:

This is the first ā€œPLEā€ Iā€™ve watched since Mania last year and itā€™s amazing how fast moving AEW PPVs are to this slog.

1 Like

Fuck You Roman! When was the last time a heel got this kind of real reaction in WWE? 20 years? Normally itā€™s the baby face being cussed out by snarky fans.

The main event was great and the post match beat down angle was incredible. Loved seeing Jey so conflicted and I hope the storyline brings up the roots of the bloodline angle with the Jey vs Roman feud from 2020.

That ending saved this. Absolutely incredible. Roman got legit heat for once (heā€™s basically a face who is a heel) and they all played their roles perfectly. Loved Jey being conflicted.

Canā€™t imagine the heat when they get to Montreal

That wasnt predictiable for you though?

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with being ā€œpredictableā€. In the example of tonightā€™s main event you can maybe claim it was ā€œpredictableā€ because they had done an excellent job building to a turning point of the story.

But there was no guarantee any of this happened. They could have just ended the show after the pin. They could have had Sami walk away from the beat down and have to answer for his decision tomorrow. They could have had Jey super kick Sami immediately for the betrayal.

Nothing was guaranteed. There were many paths open to them and they went with perhaps the most dramatic which turned out to be fantastic.

Exactly. Like there was no guarantee Cody or Rhea would win. Predictable is fine. But if one thing is then you gotta say when the rest is too.

An incredible angle that leaves me wondering how on earth theyā€™re going to make Cody vs. Roman at Mania feel a fraction as hot as Sami vs. Roman in Montreal.

Amazing post match angle. But the match had like zero heat. Ok show overall but dragged a ton

It was predictable Roman won

The ending of how it went down was an option but hardly predictable. I donā€™t think many people called it exactly like that

Yes, both Cody and Rhea were immensely predictable. I donā€™t think a single human being thought anyone else was going to win.

However, I think the biggest issue was that there really wasnā€™t another threat. There wasnā€™t another big name surprise. I mean Nia Jax?? We didnā€™t get anyone remotely creditable.

Once all 30 men were in you knew Cody was going to win. Once they announced Rhea first you knew she was going to win from 1 bc Cody won from 30.

It was predictable to an extreme level

This does pose a problem though - no one really wants to see Cody Vs Roman. You need to have Sami do something meaningful or you risk Sami chants the whole match. Maybe a three way?