Smackdown on FOX

Then book the angle like he isn’t taking it seriously. Him acting like himself, as he has done for the entirety of his reign doesn’t tell that story. Unless the story is he took no one seriously which looks terrible for his other opponents and wasn’t a story they told either. The angle they booked was he got challenged last week, accepted because he wants to be a fighting champ, gets beat down, nothing since then, gets beat in 8 seconds looking like a fool. There is no rematch clause so to tell said story you need him to get back to the title picture. I don’t trust any long term WWE booking. Sorry but this was an awful way to end his reign. Again I have no issue at all with them wanting to make Brock champ (other than I think he sucks but I get why they want him in the role he is in), but tell a better story about Brock dominating, that tells the story that he is dominant rather than the story that Kofi is a dumb ass.

I mean that depends on the draft. I thought the opening might be telling but it had freaking everyone on it. If all those stars are coming to SD Raw is getting pilfered of. ever notable talent right now.

That was pretty much me.
I’m not going to lie, At first glance from the wide shot up the ramp I thought that was Dominick sporting a new look and debuting :rofl: then as it zoomed in I realized I didn’t have the foggiest Idea who it was until commentary helpfully clued me in.

2 Likes

Just want to point out that Dominic lasted longer than Kofi

5 Likes

I somehow misses the whole Brock , Kofi, Cain part. I guess it happened when I took my dog out. I didnt even notice I missed it and when I was first reading the comments and saw Cain I just figured some body type Kane wrong or it got auto corrected and it made even less scene.

2 Likes

Based in the UK so just watched Smackdown after work. I wasnt going to comment because its been nearly 24 hours but reading the comments I wanted to jump in:

On Kofi: absolute joke. He deserved better than that. I would have even been happy if he did a few F5s in a row. But a single F5 in 5 seconds is poor.

On Tyson Fury: he has said some horrific stuff and he is a very love him or hate him character. I cant stand him but he has flipped it all to mental health discussion and it’s been a PR dream for him. I just dont see why everyone has to concentrate on the negatives all the time.

On Smackdown: great set. Great start. And I genuinely loved it overall.

Controversially - I have been desperate for AEW to be amazing but found it really boring. Zero storylines. Nothing to be really engaged in. It was just decent wrestling. You get that everywhere nowadays?
Cain coming out had a massive amount more excitement to Jack Swagger. So I dont understand the hate?

1 Like

Anyone want to make a wager on Kofi beating Brock for the WWE Championship at Mania 36? And double odds he does it by winning the Royal Rumble.

1 Like

I’ll take the bet. Kofi is done. Didn’t have one good match his whole run. They aren’t going back to him

Yes! Will bet you a Post merch item.
If he wins the rumble as well as title at mania do I get two?

Sure sounds good to me. Deal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kofi has had a great run. We have to remember that. And also who knows where this is all going? 8 second loss or whatever, looks like, shock / horror, an under dog story. Something wwe loves, strangely does well and let’s face it Kofi was more interesting doing. But this time he has to focus, maybe even cut out the rest of New Day. Get a bit more of a mean streak. If anyone thinks that WWE don’t rate Kofi, they missed the start of the biggest show of theirs in ages on the massive Fox Channel network where Kofi is the very first person anyone sees. It’s ok everyone.

Well not sure how much you value a guy who lost like that.

I think it was designed to built up Brock after he lost to Seth so many times. I don’t think making Kofi look like anything good was a consideration

A very enjoyable show but did they cancel Hell In A Cell or are they still doing that? I love the new stage, a bit of an homage to the old school oval entrance. The Rock did The Rock stuff, said a lot of dumb things in a very charismatic way and everyone loved it. The King Corbin gimmick will only be the butt of jokes now. The tournament was great for him but the gimmick is undoing all of that. I’m happy to see Kofi lose the title but squashing him was too much and I wonder if that was the original idea or if they were just pressed for time. The post match stuff was brilliantly done, have no idea how good Velasquez is in the ring when it comes to pro-wrestling.

Where was Renee? We had heard she’d be doing everything BUT commentary but apparently that was everything BUT commentary and showing up

I’m no booker but I would have had The O.C. destroy The New Day, Heyman goads Kofi into the match and he has a reason as to why he lost in 9 seconds.

You also then can book New Day VS O.C. (6 Man) at Hell In A Cell (Hey presto, another match)

You can then book Kofi going after Brock and Big E going against AJ for The U.S. Title.

I would have had Rey Mysterio come out on his own and have it that Brock is going to attack him again, then some unknown music plays and that is when Cain comes out.

I didn’t think it looked right that he walked down with Rey (To Rey’s music) he looked like his bodyguard

she was on the preshow with King Booker

When it comes to Kofi, and how this loss is gonna set up some sort of character arc/ redemption storyline… longterm booking in WWE? You should know that doesn’t exist. It’s not Gedo booking.

2 Likes

I think the Kofi experiment is done