The inaugural All Elite Wrestling thread

Fuck, how did I forget about the great Stardust run too? I also forgot about Neville and Omega’s developmental run before someone posts a photo of that too.

I guess what I’m getting at is they don’t have a Hogan or Luger jumping ship (or a Kurt Angle in the case of TNA) and they’re doing really damn good.

1 Like

The fact you still call him “Neville” instead of the name hes been using fornthe majority of his career speaks volumes.

So people who watch WWE are homophobic/Transphobic?

Yeah, that is exactly what i meant… note the sarcasm.
But, well, just look at Bobby Lashley’s sisters for an example.

1 Like

Drag isn’t Trans…

Ask any queen that.

But keep up the general sweeping statement gimmick, it doesn’t show how little you know about the things you are trying to defend.

1 Like

I used his WWE name specifically in regards to his WWE run. The fact you’re trying to criticize that speaks volumes :joy:

You know an observation isn’t a critique right?:roll_eyes:

can we go back to arguing about the goal of business? That felt way less personal and less sensitive :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

How about some back-to-basics wrestling booking speculation.

Who does Cody face at Double or Nothing?

Omega vs Jericho
Rumored Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros match
Page vs Pac

Cody’s the only member of the Elite seemingly without a match yet. Who would you like to see him face?

Cody vs. Aldis 3?

The Double or Nothing concept hit me over the head when I saw the advertising for Alpha vs. Omega II. The match is a rematch and rematches are often dubbed Double or Nothing.

If they wait until the Crocket Cup is done, then Double or Nothing with Aldis would be sweet. if Marty were to win the NWA title, could you see any scenario in which he is booked on the show as NWA champ and not an ROH guy(?). Marty back from the dead to face Cody who has pronounced him dead would be hilarious.

I Think Cody is out injured which would be a massive shame.

Seeing Batista’s name being floated around as talking to AEW and WWE. Given Dave’s track record of disliking every return he makes to WWE, I’d like to see him do something with AEW. A match with Cody could be a starting point and a big match with Omega could headline any show.

Fantasy booking of course but the fact Dave has said on record he doesn’t care if he does house shows he just wants to wrestle for fans makes me think he is of the right mindset to join the AEW roster. And the return on investment for him is big since he’s pretty much a bonafide movie star now

Please no Cody vs Aldis again. The first 2 matches were already massively overrated. That All In match was the worst on the show in my opinion, yet gets so much love. If that same match happened in WWE, people would shit all over it. I’d rather see Cody vs Stephen Amell.

As for Marty, even if he could appear, I dont want him to. You know he is probably going to sign with AEW. Probably Flip too eventually. I want to see those 2 completely forgotten about. Take them out of the opening BTE video. Maybe make the odd hints to them, when their contracts are coming up, but thats it.

1 Like

I know he injured his knee but I thought he would be back by May. And even if it’s not fully healed I would be surprised if he didn’t work injured considering its the debut show of his new company.

Maybe he’s in a tag match though or the Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros match becomes a 3 vs 3 with Cody and Sammy Guevara added to the match.

1 Like

One thing that bothers me even though I’m sure it’s a good deal for AEW is that they borrow wrestlers from other companies like all the other indy promotions. In an ideal world, you would want more wrestlers exclusive to your brand. Are they going to have a roster of freelance people bouncing around ROH, AAA, OWE or other indy promotions ?

2 Likes

Well they sold out MGM in like 30 minutes, so yeah I think they’re going to do just fine.

1 Like

That’s a unique PPV, I’m talking TV in the long run.

I imagine at first they will try to keep them exclusive. They are paying these guys good money and there is no need for the wrestlers to supplement their income elsewhere. If they let all the wrestlers work on other people’s tv they are really shooting themselves in the foot out of the gate.

There is no TV yet, which means why run the risk of singing these guys to bigger/longer deals without the TV money in hand yet. I expect once they have TV locked up they will make bigger/longer-term more exclusive offers. Plus some of these guys have the Lucha Underground jinx on them still and can’t sign exclusively so they are taking date everywhere since Lucha pays them next to nothing.

Meanwhile they just sold out again…on another holiday weekend…in a non-wrestling market…
…it was one thing when it was All-In and the only show like it in Chicago…this is not the first, and definitely won’t be the last and yet tickets went that fast. People should stop underestimating the number of passionate wrestling fans that exist. Sure, it’s not the mainstream but it’s more than enough to support an endeavor like this and make the company viable.

2 Likes

I agree with you and that is the one reason I cant completely get into this yet. I feel like AEW can be the biggest thing we’ve has since WCW went out of business, but if I can just see the same guys, wrestling in various other promotions, it wont feel the same.