The NJPW Thread

That would be an unreal babyface faction but who else would join? Juice Robinson, David Finlay?

Chaos could play the anti-hero faction.

I have a friend who hasn’t been into Wrestling for years and doesn’t like the WWE style. I talked up NJPW and now he wants to check it out, he wants to watch something current. I was going to pop his cherry with the G1 Supercard of Honor over Wrestlemania weekend but our plans fell through and I am glad it did because that PPV wasn’t the greatest and would have been a poor introduction to the promotion.

What upcoming event is the best to introduce my friend to NJPW? I was thinking “Best of the Super Jr’s” because I find it to be the most consistently solid tournament in NJPW next to the G1. With the card being announced it could be a great way to introduce a new person to the brand.

Any suggestions from the Post Wrestling fans out there?

@MrMulligan
I would show him a few matches from the Dome this year. Last years G1 Final
The upcoming Okada Sanada match should be excellent. Anything from the New Japan Cup. Actually, pretty much any singles match between upper mid card to main event talent of theirs is a great entry.

1 Like

New Japan announced another tour of Australia, which is happening at the end of June - albeit only 2 dates in Melbourne and Sydney, having visited 4 cities early last year.

Tickets have gone on sale, but the only talent announced so far is Okada, White, Fale and Ospreay. It’s looking very much like this is going to be a small number of NJPW guys, some guys who’ve made some very limited appearances in New Japan like Ryan Eagles, Gino Gambino and Mikey Nicholls, and then a bunch of local performers.

I know appearing on a NJPW-branded show is a huge deal for these guys, and I know NJPW certainly isn’t going to live and die by how it does in Australia - especially when I suspect the shows are being promoted by Melbourne City Wrestling, who will take the risk or the profit - but I have to question how long they can get away with calling these “New Japan” shows when you’re not really presenting the New Japan product. Fans won’t put up with that for too long I don’t think.

Yeah, last year’s tour was good, with Okada, the Elite, Suzuki etc - but the vast majority of matches were New Japan guy vs local guy, so again it’s not really the New Japan product.

1 Like

Jushin Thunder Liger just wrestled his (possible) final international match:

• Pro Wrestling Australia Black Label & Fale Dojo present Liger Down Under (Saturday 14th December 2019).
  • Jushin Thunder Liger & Robbie Eagles Vs Bad Luck Fale & Jack J. Bonza.[

Photo from “OVO Play: Aussie Pro Wrestling” live stream.

1 Like