The NJPW Thread

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but Lanny Poffo’s commentary is pretty rough.

So with the way that things have been going, what do we think the odds are of Tanahashi/Okada v Golden Lovers at some point during the World Tag League? or you think we may hold on that cuz Okada’s seemingly being paired with White for the Dome.

1 Like

It is a dream match for sure and would have such amazing energy. But are either groups in Tag League?
Considering it would dominate any show it’s on tough call making Tag League matches feel secondary

What are everybody’s thoughts on the Tag League this year so far? Actually been watching both NJPW’s and AJPW’s tourneys this year and been enjoying it.

I’ve kept up with most of NJPW’s Tag League. It’s been a’ight. Don Callis is a lot better than Lanny Poffo, that’s for sure.

I don’t know why I haven’t had the itch. When is the Ibushi Goto match? That’s what I’m interested in this tour to see what builds for WK with hopefully Osprey

So is the US title already useless or is Cody trying to drag it by holding staring contests and thumb wars for it?

1 Like

Very true. Wasted.
Put the US Title on somebody on excursion
in the US and have them defend it on Indies here.
I’d do the same for the Intercontinental when it’s off Jericho.

1 Like

Whaaaaaat: when and why did Zabre Jr and Suzuki fight?!

1 Like

What were everybodys takeaway of NJPW throughout the year? I believe a better year than last year with some great shows and an incredible G1.

Too Elite heavy, too many run ins and they have two useless titles that barely get defended

I agree about too many run-ins especialy from the G.O.Ds. Overall though, amazing storytelling main event matches.

Golden Lovers vs Tanahashi & Ospreay was incredible. Maybe the best tag match I’ve ever seen.

Didn’t expect the Kureken show to be must see.

I only watched that match and it was insane. Go out of your way to watch it.

1 Like

I can’t wait for Wrestle Kingdom!!!

Very very helpful only just seen this post haha gunna work my way through some 90s classics :+1:

Can someone help me understand what is going on in NJPW booking? I see Chaos members teaming with non-faction members. This has been happening since the beginning of this year and I feel like I missed a storyline.

Makabe and Yano
Ibushii w/ Sho and Yoh

I know there was history with Great Bash Heel but I am curious why now there is such a turn, having Chaos members teaming with what was considered a loosely affiliated “faction” like Taguchi Japan

There wasn’t any official turning point or casus belli. Basically, excessive Bullet Club run-ins and shenanigans led to some unexpected back-ups and team-ups. It seems pretty loose right now but you could imagine some potential official stable changes coming out of it.

1 Like

The Makabe stuff has been going on a while and ties back to history from years ago. Not the aficionado but know it has been brought up.
Me personally - I can’t wait to see Ibushi and Tanahashi form the Golden Aces