The POST - NBA Discussion Thread

He came in played for a little over a quarter and got hurt again. But he grabbed his Achilles not his calf.

I know.

I was thinking back to the original injury when there was a lot of achilles speculation.

Fingers crossed he just reinjured the calf again. Looked like it was from pushing off. That makes more sense than an achilles but that might just be wishful thinking.

Edit

Looking like I’m incorrect :frowning:

Lowry, what the f*ck were you thinking? WHYYYYYY?

Was at the NBA game

A little disappointed with our crowd cheering injury to KD.

The Nurse timeout was a killer.

Last position wasn’t drawn up like that. FVB was covered and threw it to Kyle.

All in all it was heartbreaking. But I’m pumped for game 6. I just booked tickets and a flight to Oakland so will be there on Thursday !

1 Like

Very cool @Alex_Patel have an awesome time!

Side note: I’d be betting big KD stays with Golden State now on another 1 and 1

Doesn’t he have an option for this year? He could opt in and then scram after he heals.

It seems kinda weird for GS to give him a new 1 and 1 for next year. They would basically be paying him for a year not to play with no guarantee he’d stay once recovered.

1 Like

Yeah he hasn’t an opt in this year. I misspoke.
But my suggestion is the Warriors restructure it and make the 2nd year worth far more than the first as a way to 1)keep him after he heals and 2) free up cap space by lowering his hit next year in a year he can’t play anyway. Assuming he’s got a year long recovery.

There are teams dumb enough to offer him the Max and year’s in July even with this injury but 1) he’ll be going to basketball hell after basketball pradise and 2) whatever team does it is signaling they are idiots because he’s got 1 yr of rehab, no guarantee whatvhe looks like when he’s back, and then locked in to a deal that may be totally overvalued and he’s not worth it in the latter half.

He should retire a Warrior now unless he goes a forms a team in Seattle.

1 Like

The idea he’s winding up somewhere with other all stars is done if he is missing next year. So why not work something out with GS. If he opts in he hurts them. If he opts out they can retool and have a great situation for him for 2021-2022 and beyond when he’s back to playing.

I’ll be behind the raptors bench with my red jersey on for game 6.

It’s been a tough 24H. We had that game and lost it with some bad decisions. . KD came back and May have in turn risked his entire career. It sucks for both teams and their fans

Toronto had built up so much good will with NBA fans during this run.

Raptors fans somehow figured how to destroy that in five seconds after KD went down. It’s amazing, GS are the scrappy underdogs.

They are lucky this isn’t the the WWE. Momentum shift to the extreme.

It’s really not that big a deal. Not big enough to transcend the typical fickleness/short memory of sports fandom anyway - by game 6 nobody will care to remember the Raptors fans booing KD and if the Raptors end up winning the championship it won’t even be a footnote when we look back on this series.

You could be correct.

I’m going to say it goes down as a big deal if GS comes back.

Sounds silly but I can see it happening. It was a pretty shitty move.

It was a momentary bad look, but the Raptors players & the majority of the fans redeemed themselves a minute later w/the “KD” chant. :100:

Yes, that i agree with. If GS come back it’ll end up being part of the narrative. GS fans will probably never let the Raptors forget it.

I’m not sure they did to NBA fans.

I’m a raptors/raptors fan supporter, so I’m assuming they just lost it at that moment and never would have done that if they knew how serious it was.

I can’t defend the guys giving him the finger

I wish we could know how many fan bases would have done that in the same situation.

1 Like

Here’s the dirty lil’ secret about most NBA fans’ impression of Raps fans…Outside of Drake, this is the first time we’ve really thought about you guys as a vibrant fanbase. So in that respect, I think this will be water under the bridge a few weeks from now.

If y’all were Philly fans or Boston bros, THAT would be a different story, IMO because those fanbases already have an established identity. :100:

1 Like

Dont hate on us Boston fans. We’re just passionate and we expect the best.

2 Likes

All that can be true AND I can still hate on y’all. I can multitask…Lol! :rofl::100:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I would actually be shocked if Philly fans didn’t cheer for a KD injury

That’s a shame. Raptors fans deserve a lot of credit as a top fan base. They supported that team even after some of those brutal choke outs from LeBron.