The POST - NBA Discussion Thread

I was there live. It wasn’t nearly as bad as it came across.

When he went down people cheered - it seemed like he just fell and may need to come out. That’s understandable the Raps were attacking him with FVV trying to get him to come out of game.

Once people realized it was serious they stopped and everyone clapped and chanted for him. I was right by the tunnel and believe me he got a very nice round.

I think in the moment when you see him fall you cheer but then when you see it was more serious you backtrack fast.

There were some idiots but the majority where not rooting for him to get hurt

Umm that’s not true at all.

LBJ when we lost game 6 in the ECF started the interview saying “listen to this” as we all stayed and cheered the Raps effort against the Cavs. JP wasn’t lit back then and now he said it was the most incredible fan base he had seen.

I went to Cleveland for game 5. A lot of their fans came up to us and said that they had never seen support like we had given in games 3/4.

That was 3 years ago.

Toronto is a hockey city but it’s massive (largest city behind NY and LA) and it has a large immigrant population. Immigrants tend to like basketball over hockey so you have a n older white crowd at leaf games and a younger more coloured crowd at Raptor games. Enough love for both.

1 Like

The players from both teams telling the fans to cool it definitely made it look worse.

Exactly. It looked worse. People once they realized he was hurt had started to cool down and players were letting people know as well. It wasn’t on a huge jumbotron and there isn’t a commentator telling you he’s hurt. Half the arena just sees a guy in the corner who is sitting there and can’t tell right away how bad it is

Does Durant have a charity? It would be kinda cool if Toronto fans got together to donate.

Funny you mention that

https://thirtyfiveventures.com/foundation

A lot of the raps reporters have tweeted about this and lots are sending some money

1 Like

Very nice

I hope it gains traction

2 Likes

Damn, Lowry be doing threes everywhere he goes early!

Injuries are part of the game but this series sucks.

2 Likes

What a series!!!

I’m glad the Raptors were able to slay the dragon. Really happy for all my people in the North! :100:

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

1 Like

Special time in history

Wai
The
North

Did anyone else have Mania 35 Main Event vibes the final few minutes?

One star hurt. Not a clean, clean finish. Refs kinda messed up the 3 count at the buzzer.

Lol

The entire series was a Dusty finish.

Think about how many awful things happened to the warriors in the last three days.

1 Like

You can’t fault the Warriors or anyone there in any way.

To battle like that, lose guys. KD tried. Klay tried. Both died for the cause. Looney was walking dead. Boogie came back and did his best after barely playing for months. Ppl forget Iggy was questionable for game 2 and didn’t miss a game. Curry played poor last night but to his credit he was the most healthy and consistent factor on the Warriors since game 5 v Houston. He was gassed to say the least by game 3 of the Finals.

Just incredible heart and effort in defense of the dynasty when so many others may have packed it in or imploded. To even have had a shot at game 7 was remarkable.

And on TOR: welcome to notariaty Van Fleet and Siakam. I always discount guys til they do it on a big stage and these guys were flawless as role players. Lowry was a workhorse and while not always great, always had max effort and stood ground against maybe the greatest backcourt of all time. Gasoland Ibaka deserved a title after great careers and what ifs that followed them. And what more can be said about Kawaih. An all timer.

1 Like

This was the most incredible trip ever

I was at game 6 behind the Raps bench. Emotions cannot be explained right now as I fly back to Toronto.

We the Champs!

4 Likes

I’m honoured to know you.

Agreed

It’s scary how close they came to forcing a game 7 even after all the injuries.

I really wish at least Klay had stayed healthy. It was still a fun series but a game 7 would have been fun.

Free agency is depressing. It’s going to be so weird to watch GS offer five year max deals to Klay and Durant (which they should) only for them to both miss most if not all of next year.

I won’t even go into detail on my Knicks fandom death spiral. I had convinced myself they were getting the first pick.

It’s like they’ve lost Zion, Durant, kemba, and/or Kyrie (after that Brooklyn trade).

1 Like

Yeah after klay went down it was a bit sad. I really didn’t want them to have another reason to question the legitimacy of this run