The POST -- NHL Discussion Thread

I’m not able to watch….is AM playing any good? I know he’s been ripped to shreds by the Toronto media.

The refs have robbed the leafs again :pensive:. Riley has been the man Today. AM is still doing nothing

1 Like

What time is game 7? What time is the stanley cup parade for next season, because they won 1 game this year in round 2?

And here we are again……didn’t start watching until OT, but Florida dominated. I have to imagine changes are going to be made this time.

Can’t wait for that Florida vs Carolina ECF matchup lol.

I wonder if people will finally give Florida credit.

Leafs can’t win with refs like this. They should have won this game before OT. Then more bogus calls and penalties.

Kudos to the Leafs they played amazing. Panthers are a great team with an insanely hot goalie.

You are probably right for today, but when you go down 3-0, that’s the price you pay. Zero margin for error.

1 Like

How can you call that a goal when you cant see the puck go over the line?

Every fan of every team that loses, blames the refs. The fact is, they just arent a playoff team. They are like a worse version of the Bruins, except he Bruins put just enough pieces together, to actually get to the final sometimes.

John Tavares is a cancer. He needs to go, if they want to win anything. There is a reason the Islanders got better when he left. Their goalies suck. Their defense sucks. Nylander makes too much money. Matthews is a no show and is going to ask for too much money.

The last back angle did show it over the line

I cannot disagree with you my friend.

It hurts because the Leafs have lots of good pieces.

JT isn’t helping I agree.

AM didn’t show up in the playoffs. He had an off year. He’s not the 2nd best player in the league behind McDavid. It was just overhype. He is what he is.

Willie finally came to play. He makes more money then he should for sure. Bunting is a better contract

The goalies are what they are. Samsanov was good in round 1 and Woll played well. They aren’t killers like we just faced.

The team needs a rethink. They have a talented crop of forwards but clearly that isn’t enough.

No it didnt. But hey I’m just watching on tv

1 Like

It was over the line. One angle showed it. The question was did the whistle blow before that point.

It looked like a goal to me. I won’t disagree if you didn’t see it but
A bunch of us did

@Alex_Patel @Rated_R_Poster

Disagree with you guys about Nylander. His contract may be bad based on what they are paying the other guys and at the time of signing it seemed like an overpayment, but based on current production it’s a bargain.

The general rule of thumb when it comes to offensive forwards is 1mil = 10 points. So in the case of Nylander, he’s being paid 6.9mil meaning the expectation is about 70 points. He got 87 points this year.

You think 6.9 mil is bad for him, just wait until his next contract as he will easily get 8-9mil AAV.

He led the team in goals (40), was second in assists (47), second in points (87), third in primary assists (27), second in Goals per 60 (1.58), second in points per 60 (3.53) (not including guys who played a couple games).

Yet he’s 4th in AAV by a large margin. Guys a bargain, I would love for my Wings to acquire him.

1 Like

Yes but Bunting is a better bargain.

Nylander is frustrating - he’s talented as evident by the goal yesterday but he doesn’t dig in corners and sometimes seems to be giving half efforts. Reminds me of Bure a bit.

The angle that showed the puck in, Kelly Hrudey did an excellent job of explaining from a goaltender’s perspective how the puck went in. You can see the puck move backward over the line after Bobrovsky starts to get up. I get it man. Buffalo got screwed out of a Stanley Cup because Brett Hull’s foot was in the crease and they called it a goal.

And Calgary Flames fans will never get over game 6 of 2004.

The question is about the continuation of the play: yes, the whistle did not blow, but look on the ice and tell me anyone was acting as if the play was still going. They weren’t which raises the question of continuation.

1 Like

Ok I can go with that, but that’s because Bunting is underpaid based on his production. He’ll be overpaid by someone this summer as I believe he’s a UFA.

Hmmm…I think I called it, with a typo and all!

2 Likes

That’s the player Nylander is. That’s what you get with a lot of high-scoring talent. it is what it is. Bunting might be more preferred for the style of play and commitment you want to see from your team - 100% agree with that perspective - but I’d take Nylander as part of building my team before Bunting. You can find a lot of Bunting-type players and get them at a bargain. Nylander’s you need to develop and hold on to.

Especially with AM having the potential to walk into free agency next season.

2 Likes

@Rated_R_Poster One more season confirming the Maple Leafs still and will always suck as a general rule. :laughing: (Sorry, Alex!)

And the Leafs have the parade route panned and the fan-base dust of the plans and expands the route as far across Canada as they can based on the Leafs’ preseason expectations every year. Right now, the Toronto Maple Leafs “Stanley Cup parade route” involves ferries, trains, and planes, and will take about 10 days to complete. If the Leads keep up the pace of not winning the cup that they have, those plans will extend to the moon and even interstellar space…because it could take that long for the Leafs to ever win a Stanley Cup. LOL :laughing:

1 Like

1 Like