The POST -- NHL Discussion Thread

Idk where the Bolts fans are (if any), but I’m just hoping we put the Bruins in the dirt tomorrow

1 Like

I’m a Wings fan, though I do like the Leafs as I’m forced to watch then play constantly when I’m with my in laws. I think the reason why Leafs fans get such a bad wrap is because a large percentage become so arrogant before the team accomplishes anything.

I remember in 2002 for example, as soon as the Leafs got past the 2nd round, I can remember kids in school essentially acting as if the Cup was a sure thing. I live in Windsor so it’s pretty much 40/40/20 with Wings fans, Leafs fans, and Habs fans. You would think that Wings fans would have been the arrogant ones from the 90’s to the late 2000’s, but it wasn’t, it was Leafs fans. So arrogant when their team got to the third round one two times during that period versus a fan base that won four cups.

As a Leaf fan, I openly acknowledge we have the most toxic fan base in North America. It’s like the most bipolar, uneducated, loudmouth collection of fans. They refuse took at anything subjectively, and are purely (over) reactionary.

1 Like

Lol ya…and to be fare it’s not all leafs fans, but it’s definitely a large percentage comparatively speaking to other teams.

The curse of the host cities has expanded to include the entire country

1 Like

So Dallas is in the Finals, I’ll be honest I never really got to see them this season too much… but man I am surprised to see Vegas just run out of gas like that.

1 Like

Incredible! Go Stars! I really didn’t think they would make it past Vegas. I’ve never been so happy to be wrong.

Hopefully they can bring the Cup home for the first time since 99. It’s heartbreaking that this has to happen during a pandemic when no fans will be allowed in. The Stars faithful in Dallas would be going insane right now at the games.

Such a relief that Vegas didn’t win the Cup. I would be crushed that an expansion team that got a VERY favourable expansion draft won a cup before my pathetic Maple Leafs.

Dont be too happy. Vegas, as well as the Seattle Kraken will definitely win the cup, before that garbage team even makes a cup final again.

The real question, is what happens first…Vegas wins a cup? Or Leafs win a win or go home game? lol.

YOOOOOO THIS GAME 5 is CRAZY!!

1 Like

Wooooo! Go Stars! An absolutely incredible performance by both teams to get to even get to two overtime’s. It seemed like both teams were exhausted by the end and whoever the next team that got a good shot in would win it. So glad it was the Dallas Stars though.

I hope the Stars luck continues to game 6 but there was some sloppy play by the Stars that if they play that way again on Monday the Lightning will take advantage of it like they did games 2, 3 and 4.

2 Likes

Amazing what the NHL pulled off this year. Laid out the groundwork for sports to come back and successfully executed it with 2 bubbles. Congratulations, Steven Stamkos and the Bolts!

3 Likes

Great win and redemption for the Tampa Bay Lighting but much props to the Dallas Stars and Coach Rick Bowness

4 Likes

Tampa earned that win. And the NHL earned a ton of wins. That’s probably the best case scenario for professional sports in this pandemic.

Asterisk or not, couldn’t be happier to see my boys hoist that cup.

No asterisk IMO. If anything this made it harder on TB. Outside of Boston, they lost home ice advantage against all their opponents. Pretty much every team was fully healthy (though TB did not have their franchise player), and the players had to do it away from their friends and family for the most part.

Good job Bolts!

1 Like

Well that was a disappointing loss for the Dallas Stars last night. Although after leaving it all on the ice in the incredible double overtime win on Saturday I wasn’t expecting them to be able to keep playing at that level the rest of the series.

But it was still awesome to finally see the Stars get back to the Stanley Cup playoffs for the first time since 2000. Hopefully it doesn’t take 20 years to get back there again.

1 Like

i was underwhelmed by the Maple Leafs draft. They drafted a lot of small skilled forwards and yes i know these players won’t be helping the team any time soon, but the teams biggest problem is lack of strong defence, goaltending depth and some bigger skilled forwards with little bit of sandpaper and felt like very little of that was addressed by Dubas. The team will have to address the defence in trades or free agency. also no faith Andersen can win anything.

Simmonds, Brodie, and Bogosian…not a bad free agency period