This is why we are losing the fight with COVID

Sorry to hear that man. I hope you and your mom are OK.

Yeah I am voluntarily isolating for 14 days, I’ve done it since last Monday after realizing I was being to cavalier in my new surroundings, though I’ve resisted temptation to actually “go out” to bars and restaurants. Even just picking stuff up every day from places that are pretty much back to normal is not great.

I keep going back to what RocketKing said. It’s entirely an argument based on convenience and agenda. it will be very interesting to see how it takes shape in a post-DJT world.

Here is an image of the Democratic leadership in the Senate, out and about, embracing the crowds. Mind you, here is a guy who would not compromise to pass stimulus for the very people he is out celebrating with, he has railed against all kinds of republican election rallies, and probably should be a bit more careful considering his age and stature in government. And then there is New York City’s fabulous Mayor who also wanted to join. NYC, while not as much a ghost town as some make it seem, is absolutely gutted by the virus. Billion dollar industries are completely destroyed. And the Mayor has been a clown about a lot of this from the beginning.

Maybe in a post DJT world we’ll start to realize most of our leaders are not exactly helping most of the American people.

2 Likes

The Peel Region has declared a lockdown recently.

I was going to be on my way to buying a DVD player from a seller. Now I have to stay home without a DVD player.

I was very f’n pleased with those maskless morons. My thoughts out to them.

The Pfizer/BioNTech news today of a vaccine in Phase 3 of development with 90% efficacy based on a trial of 43,000 was some very good news today.

With plans to develop a billion doses in 2021 maybe life can get “back to normal” soon. Although I haven’t seen anything in the news about when the vaccine could actually get FDA approval.

1 Like

Another month or two as they get more information and file for emergency use

It’s at least the third time I’ve heard of a vaccine “almost done”. Let’s hope this one will be the real deal. I really need my live shows back…

There is no reason to suspect any multi billion dollar multi national corporation is risking itself to put out a faulty vaccine.
Debate whatever you want about vaccines but the entire idea they were rushing this - what company is making that gamble if they didn’t think it was up the quality it should be? I never understood that. Regardless of who’s pressing them, these companies don’t get blanket liability on what will amount to 100s of millions of doses

1 Like

Dude, chill, all I’m saying is that I hope the vaccine does not fail the upcoming tests as I suggest happened to the other ones I’ve heard about, that’s all.

I’m sorry but how the hell does Notre Dame have protocols or measures in place to stop this on Saturday night?

1 Like

100% agree. Just I like I said when people were celebrating in the streets after the election, I maintain that this type of behavior is extremely selfish, and this why the US is such a shit show when it comes to dealing with this virus.

I get its hard to stay home, but deal with it. So I don’t get a strawman thrown at me again (not talking about you), obviously I am not talking about people going to work or doing things that are necessities.

At this point I have pretty much a routine of work and home. The only deviation I have is on payday I go out and pick up my comics and head back home, and even then I make sure to take all the precautions needed.

2 Likes

Same here. I may do the occasional errand, but when I do I take all the precautions I can and I go when its going to slow.

1 Like

Dummies in my area just put us in yellow zone.

Mini lock down coming

I work at a university. It seems like 90% of students are handling their business, but the 10% are really screwing it up for everyone. Right now, numbers are improving after a bad start. The real test will be in February/March when the dummies who have already had it (but haven’t learned their lesson) can get it again.

1 Like

Just to play devils advocate: after watching the gatherings all day Saturday, you want KIDS to actually think before rushing a field during an exciting college football game? 18-20 year olds expected to act more rationally than grown ups or senators and mayors :thinking: I may be in the minority here but I’m always confused that people expect more out of anyone at this point. Take care of yourself and your on family and pray for the best.

also my response was not directed at you @partci sorry if it came off that way. I meant in general, people can debate vaccines and whatever conspiracy theories they have (not saying you do)…sorry if it came off like that response was addressed at you, it was just following up on the thread.

Not only a great talent, but also a great thinker… Ooof…

5 Likes

Ouch. Hopefully people aren’t listening to Nia Jax for medical opinions on vaccination. Something tells me she may not actually know anything about how either a vaccine or your immune system work. Just a guess though. So I asked others.

Thankfully most medical professionals I spoke to have no idea who she is or why she would be an expert on this.

So I’ll go with my original hypothesis which is she doesn’t have any idea what she’s talking about. I’m sure those that die from COVID or Influenza just didnt get that 99 percent immunity her body is dishing out

7 Likes

Nia Jax never hurt anyone with her terrible wrestling ability, their immune system simply sucked (a lie Nia has been telling herself for years)

7 Likes

With all of the other social media takeovers they’ve been doing I’m surprised the company hasn’t implemented some kind of social media code of conduct yet.

But then you’d have all the “but my free speech” people if you tried a code of conduct. Which again is “I want an excuse to be a dick.”

1 Like