Triple H says the person who disrespected recently released talent has been fired from WWE

No they don’t. Where do you get that from?

Again, they’re not mad about this specific incident - it’s been going on for years. They’re mad they look bad on social media. Carrano is the scapegoat for a messed up corporate culture

On the surface using a garbage bag as a means of gathering a collection of items seems pretty normal to me. It’s all about context if there is any wrong doing here. If some WWE brass has said “Ha, I use a trash bag to send them all their items cause I think they are trash” then it would seem a bit sleezy and a bully type move.

In my family we use garbage bags to donate all our unwanted clothing.

4 Likes

Agreed. Looking online, I don’t think people are that upset. Sure there is an extremely vocal minority, but this incident isn’t being perceived as a big deal outside of that minority.

If the third party story lasted a few weeks and then nobody cared, I give this the weekend.

1 Like

Wow…so you think those lowly nobodies, getting your hand me downs are trash, huh?

2 Likes

The garbage bag thing is pretty tactless from a billion dollar corporation like WWE toward a veteran performer like Mickie, but it really isn’t even the story here. The really shitty thing WWE did here was FIRING the person “responsible.” Like maybe sit down and talk to the person and explain why that isn’t a good look for the company. Could you imagine getting fired from your job because you brought a former employee their belongings in a garbage bag? Brutal.

All WWE had to do was apologize to Mickie, admit they are gonna do better next time and say they SPOKE WITH (not fired) the person responsible, and maybe even make the token $10,000 corporate donation to a local women’s shelter or something to show that they are still committed to supporting women’s issues, and then everyone comes out looking good as gold. Firing someone is just ridiculous.

3 Likes

Wait…when did this became a women’s empowerment issue?

2 Likes

Unless there is more to the story (ie. this was the straw that broke the camels back), then I 100% agree with this take.

Not that in any way should this be excusable for a company if the sole reason for firing someone was this situation, but I do ask fans what they exactly think is going to happen when they have an uproar over things? What do they expect? To be ignored? To have the company do something about it? Just to scream about an entity they want to scream about endlessly regardless of reason?

There’s such a visceral reaction sometimes to an event that a company making a rash decision seems like a very easy to follow cause and effect, whether that’s what they should have done or not. As fans the only thing we have control of is how we react to things - and the way Twitter, etc tend to work now is in hyperbolic economy. There was a wrong done here. Everyone reacted to it. Cooler heads are out today, but we’ll always have the benefit of hindsight; they had about an hour or two before people were calling for specific names to blame.

2 Likes

If they have the means to send merch to their customers in a secure/presentable fashion (IDK because, I haven’t purchased anything from The Fed in 20 years), then they have systems in place to mail talent back their belongings in a respectful way.

In the grand scheme of things is this a big deal? No…But the simple fact that this has been an ongoing way of doing business does speak to the lack of respect that the industry standard-bearer has for it’s contracted employees.

:100:

4 Likes

Last shirt I got from them (it’s been in a while) came in a plastic usps envelope and wrapped in a thin clear covering inside. So technically Mickie getting a box was better than their merch (and most other entertainment/sports-based merch I’ve bought) comes in. :man_shrugging:

When people figured out that putting clothes in a bag wasn’t going to create as much outrage as they wanted.

The performance center (where I’m assuming this was mailed from) is not an order fulfillment center though.

Fair enough, but if I can ship an Ebay package from my house & make sure the contents are safe, secure, and presentable; how hard is it for a billion dollar company to do the same?

As the great Sam Wilson would say, “You guys need to do better”. :100:

1 Like

As with everything it’s optics

Does closing golf course limit covid? Of course not. But they do bc they want to send a message that an activity richer people do is not exempt while
Other things are.

Same thing here. Is it a big deal? Of course not

Yet the optics of sending a long time female wrestler who is considered a legend and was dubiously let go in the middle of a pandemic her stuff in a garbage bag isn’t good. When she puts it on Twitter and it goes viral a company that is as big as WWE with as many corporate partners will do everything to squash it

4 Likes

I guess the question that should be asked is"whats in the bag?"
Dirty laundry, boots, ring gear…a bag is fine. Glasses, picture frames, breakable stuff…get a box.

Good point…my gut tells me the first as I read (but I cant confirm is true) that it came from the performance center where it would make sense for her gear to be.

But busted reading glasses, a broken tablet, shit like that would piss me off as well.

1 Like

Agreed, stuff like that being send in a garbage bag is 100% a FU.

FWIW it was in a box.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN-mUPSgGPB/

BTW just circling back to some of everyone’s first talks - have we found out yet that this happened to anyone other than the 3 (including Mickie) that said it did over the past 20 years?