Trump Claims to have Covid-19

Really sad to hear how far it’s spread. I hope a speedy recovery for all.

To give you an idea of the time course of this disease the initial period (which President Trump is currently in) is usually not that bad other than symptoms of fever etc. Hardly anyone ever gets really sick up front.

After day 7-10 we start to see some people develop an immune response whereby their body starts ravaging their own lungs (often their kidneys as well). They then will rapidly progressive over hours to needing oxygen and then needing high flow oxygen. This is usually where they get sent to ICU where I work. This is probably the breaking point for “bad” disease.

At this point if they continue to deteriorate (which isn’t a large percentage - most are manageable on high flow) they will get intubated. This is clearly the breaking point for “really bad”. At this point most undergo prone ventilation and some even ECMO if they can’t get their oxygen levels high enough. The mortality at this stage in those over 70 can exceed 80-90 percent.

I would obviously assume all this is on the table for the President so while he is admitted to hospital now we won’t know if his course is one of the “bad” or “very bad” ones for a few more days unless he escalates up this treatment ladder. We can only hope and pray that it isn’t.

For now he is receiving Remdesivir which is a Anti viral we are studying. Since he is not yet on oxygen there is no indication for dexamethasone yet but if he does require supplemental oxygen that would be the next step as well.

2 Likes

With his diet of fast food and adderall, his health would be an issue to begin with. Something like this could be devastating. Even if he survived the disease itself, the risk of strokes and blood clots would be an issue

I don’t disagree there. Trump is an insane imbecile but I’m not too fond of people painting Biden as a good candidate or even saying he did well in the debate. He’s a regular bullshitting corporate politician that will try to say what everyone wants to hear while running away from any good points made about his record regarding foreign policy & policies that favour rich corporations. He’s “acceptable” because Trump is a buffoon. Same could be, and was, said about Hillary Clinton. If the DNC weren’t a dodgy organisation they would’ve backed Bernie more instead of pushing him off a cliff.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s getting too of the line treatment.

He’s physically a disaster but probably has a better chance than a normal person in his situation.

Kinda wish he could experience what medical treatment is like if you are a low income american.

1 Like

It was only three days ago that Trump on a debate stage dismissed Biden’s dead son, Beau, and falsely claimed that Biden’s surviving son, Hunter, had been dishonorably discharged from the military.* The next day, Trump’s eldest son, Donald Jr., appeared on Glenn Beck’s show to describe Hunter as a “crackhead.” Now, though, we will hear a lot about how people are not being respectful enough to a president in his time of illness.

You can’t make this shit up! Lol

1 Like

Kinda surprised they aren’t having someone tweet for him.

I dont think anyone (here at least) is defending Trumps bullshit. I look at this in a “two wrongs dont make a right” type of way.

I don’t care for Trump at all, and this 100% feels like Karma, but when I see people posting (again not here) about how they wish he and his entire family die, it’s too far IMO.

I don’t expect people to “pray” for him, or to even feel bad, but wishing death on an entire family is crossing a line.

Anger/Politics can be a very very very ugly thing, and unfortunately that is what we are seeing right now. This isnt even a “Trump” issue, I would bet money that if Bidden got it, you would see just as many stupid comments (again, not here).

1 Like

People recognise Trump as an insensitive asshole and then want to be just like him. Can’t make this shit up!

You’re not wrong author. You’re not wrong at all.

Trumps oxygen levels dropped a couple of times and as mentioned above they have followed course and started dexamethasone. He at least at this point has moderate COVID

I admitted a 64yo yesterday with severe COVID - went in 4H from escalating High flow to intubation and now end stage. Once you hit day 7-10 the real danger zone sets in. Next week will be telling. Hoping he pulls through okay

1 Like

Nothing to worry about, he’s signing blank pieces of paper:

2 Likes

Don’t be afraid of covid

Feels like that might be the wrong message but what do I know…

Yes, Donald, you really “developed” some “great knowledge” during your time in office.

Hitting send on that tweet probably sent hundreds to their deaths and thousands more to short or long term sickness. The lack of care for life is beyond reckoning.

1 Like

Yep

It’s a major shit show.

His little joy ride last night is still making my blood boil. Not to get into too much personal stuff but the covid hospital visiting rules have been extremely brutal on my family this year. Be nice if we could just do what we wanted.

1 Like

And we’ll see in a few days when his case may peak. Did he ever have of it? Tune in tomorrow to the reality tv presidency to find out!

Are people genuinely surprised he’d use this (whatever “this” is) to spread more misinformation to rally his core support base immediately after bad polling and an embarrassment of a debate? Are there people still this naive?

If you’re one of those people, blame yourself if he gets four more years.

1 Like

I think he has it

He looked like shit in one of those update videos.

1 Like

It’s not different from usual.

2 Likes