Updated - Vince McMahon paid 12M in hush money - all around scum bag.

This isn’t a story that’s going to disappear. I feel like much more is going to come out. Especially given the fact that additional settlements have been referred to.

Ya I hear ya, I’m just convinced this means Vince steps down or gets the boot. Especially if the women signed NDA’s and can’t actually speak out against him. Again, we’ll see how it plays out, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

WWE has been morally bankrupt well before they were creatively bankrupt. I just can’t believe it took this long.

I’m sure you find this funny but this is a powerful CEO in a huge power imbalance with a presumed younger girl who then doubled her salary after the affair. It isn’t right nor funny

1 Like

Easy tiger, no one thinks it’s funny. It’s sad.

BTW, she’s not the victim you want her to be. I’m sure she is a legal adult and she took the money. I know this might be hard for some of you to accept, but young attractive women like rich older men. Age and looks take a back seat. Old unattractive rich men have been landing hot girls 1/2 to 1/3 their age forever and Vince getting caught isn’t going to change it. I’m not saying it’s right, but I’m telling you that’s just the way it is.

And another possible hit, right around the corner.

1 Like

Vince having an affair with a younger woman isn’t a crime.

Vince having an affair with an employee might be a crime. Even if consensual he has opened himself and the company up to a sexual harassment lawsuit and bad press. The kind of activity the CEO of a publicly traded company cannot do.

This is going to play out over weeks and months. And now that the story is out the former employee might as well sue to try to get a payout.

At first I thought Vince would survive this. But I was reminded of the similar story of Bill Gates being kicked out of Microsoft over a similar thing and that is one of the worlds richest men.

Looks like she didn’t uphold her end of the deal by running her mouth to her friend. Vince should sue her for breach of contract.

2 Likes

That’s where this gets tricky IMO. If she got paid 3mil, I assume that she signed a NDA, if she signed an NDA, how can she come forward to the board or to anyone?

An email from a friend doesn’t seem like sufficient evidence to remove the chairman, and I just don’t see him stepping down.

With that said, I cannot stress that I’m defending him for anything, my comments have nothing to do with right vs wrong, it’s realistically what I see happening.

1 Like
1 Like

Pretty sure Vince giving her a $100 000 raise for having sex with him, within a company, is a crime. Clear abuse of power.

An outside group is investigating, this is no longer an internal one. It’s going to uncover a whole lot of messed up practices I have no doubt.

And beyond all that, there is the fact that there seems to be multiple payouts to multiple employees.

2 Likes

Exactly. This is the issue, he likely paid her company money in terms of increasing her salary because she was having an affair with him. That would be grounds for removal.

He also may have been given her to John Laurinaitis which could be considered pimping if you think about money being involved.

Also if they’re truly are a litany of other women with similar complaints than this is a very bad luck.

I’m not implying that this woman is some sort of a victim here because I don’t know the whole story. All I’m saying is that it isn’t a funny situation to laugh away, this is a very bad thing for any human being, let alone a CEO of a large company in his 70s to be doing.

1 Like

Hey hypothetically, what if Vince just goes away, the company is sold, and we never hear about the rest of this again. I mean we may really be facing the reality of a Wrestling World in which there is no more stories to get about Vince. The mood will be so interesting.

Oh who am I kidding, Conrad probably has titles of shows picked out with Steph and Hunter for their podcasts :crazy_face:

2 Likes

One observation; the online discussion on these types of accusations usually range from “it’s all bull, she just wants money” to “there’s even more stuff they aren’t telling”. With this, its 100% about what happens to Vince now. Will he sell? Step down? What are the legal implications?
Just a thought.

The report literally states there are multiple payouts. So… It’s not just online chatter.

They make make John the scapegoat.

1 Like

Definitely. If mainstream outlets pick up on the history of sexual scandal around Vince, and more people come forward in regards to payouts and settlements - then Vince won’t be able to get out of it.

1 Like

I’m assuming that this is the post meant to respond to me, not the Sasha Banks post.

I’m not sure to be honest. I’m not going to pretend know Connecticut law as I know that is the states every state has their own set of laws and I just don’t know the differences from state to state. I imagine that if it is against the law they would have to prove that the raise was 100% connected to the affair and the defense of the WWE/Vince would be that the raise was based on merit, not who she was sleeping with. Truthfully, it all comes down to if this woman comes forward. If she testifies/speaks out against him that she was coerced, that is a different animal. If she stays quiet and this is just a friend of hers speaking out on her behalf, I dont think think there is much they can do legally speaking.

As far as an outside group, I guess it depends on how much you trust this “outside group” to do a proper investigation. If in two weeks it comes out “the outside group determines no wrong doing was at play here” and the woman doesn’t speak out, I truthfully dont think anything happens and this story just goes away at the chagrin of the IWC. Keep in mind, it was the WWE that hired this outside group as this isn’t a criminal investigation.

Are you telling me you 100% trust that the WWE would only hire an outside group that is completely honest? This screams PR stunt to me because something was going to leak and they wanted to get ahead of it. I would not put this past the WWE.

The next real big test IMO is if Vince shows up at SD tomorrow. If he doesn’t, that tells me he’s definitely worried. If he does, while he may still be worried, he’s not showing his cards.