Vince McMahon accused of Sex Trafficking / Resignation šŸ§µ

Seems like a ā€œnewzā€ reporter to me. If you go on Twitter and search for something that is stupid, you will always eventually find it.

1 Like

Is this you actually agreeing with me?

The last paragraph says:

By most accounts, WWE remains as popular as ever and is poised to succeed. Next year, Netflix will stream WWE Raw to subscribers in the streaming serviceā€™s new foray into live sports. To the extent McMahonā€™s issues donā€™t cause TKOā€™s stock price to drop, the harder it would be to prove WWE and TKO failed to meet duties to stockholders.

This is exactly what I think will happen, I think TKO will want to make as little noise as possible and will only ā€œtear it downā€ if they are forced to likely due to something involved with the stock dropping.

2 Likes

I am more of the mindset that TKO is going to want to avoid embarrassment. As also stated in the articleā€¦

But if Grantā€™s lawsuit advances, pretrial discovery could expose WWE leaders and former leaders to damaging revelations via testimony and publication of old emails and texts. If even some of Grantā€™s historical retelling is accurate, it would suggest McMahon felt empowered by WWE to treat herā€”and perhaps other womenā€”in degrading and abusive ways, without worry of ever being held accountable.

Simply hoping things will get resolved and nobody else will look bad, seems like a very risky tactic to take.

I never said nobody else will look bad. I said many times that I believe the old guard will likely all ā€œretireā€ or slowly be let go. I donā€™t think people like Nick Khan or Hunter who are mainstay figures will be let go if Iā€™m being 100% honest unless they somehow are directly involved in sexual assault. Thatā€™s just how I feel things play out.

My comments are also in reference to things like the Randy Orton article you posted, as I think implying people like Randy Orton will be let go because of a story on a podcast that 15 years ago he grabbed his balls and then shook peopleā€™s hands is a bit silly as well. Not defending his behaviour by any stretch, but I donā€™t think they are going to burn it to the ground and look into things like that today.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only recently heard about this dude, but just to clarify he doesnā€™t ā€œget articles in Forbes.ā€ He posts to a contributor platform on Forbes.com that basically anyone can post to, itā€™s basically a blog hosting service. He is not associated with the actual Forbes Magazine. Itā€™s obviously a manuever by him to be taken more seriously than he should be.

2 Likes

Also props to @MarkP for being a great aggregator

1 Like

I just donā€™t understand how you or anyone can differentiate between an ā€œold guardā€ but believe Paul Lesveque isnā€™t included in that.

Bruce Prichard was out of that company from 2008 until 2018ā€¦ Meanwhile Paul Lesveque was Vinceā€™s right hand man.

Look, the only McMahon I can see having a position in the company thanks to their lineage after all this is said and done, would be Shane. He walked away multiple times and itā€™s rare you hear anything negative about him. Heā€™s probably the most clean family member for professional purposes.

:joy::joy::joy:

Doing my best. Haha

1 Like

Weā€™ve already had this discussion, on Saturday you said to me:

I donā€™t want to go in circles, but in fairness maybe you missed my response. Here is what I said:

TKO doesnā€™t any of this mess around. The TV deals are all done. There is no need for any of the old guard. I think they go for a complete clean sweep shortly after Mania.

1 Like

This is a key point in this. If Iā€™m trying to strike a deal with someone, I donā€™t offer them a whole case of Dr. Pepper unless I know theyā€™re a big fan of Dr. Pepper. The fact that Vince knew enough that this proposition of sex would be a positive in negotiating is concerning.

2 Likes

For all of the sordid details and disgusting things he did to me the most shocking thing is that he was so egotistical that he wouldnā€™t pay the $2 million that wouldā€™ve made all this go away.

5 Likes

Overall, itā€™s a good thing that Vince and anybody else who was involved will hopefully get what they deserve (say it with me now: under the jail) now that this has been made public.

But yeah, the guy could have kept this quiet with an amount of money he probably has in his house in cash right now, and he didnā€™t do it. Quite the window in how infallible Vince thinks he is.

2 Likes

Heā€™s been throwing money at these sort of things for decades. It was bound to catch up to him sooner than later.

1 Like

Ya this shocks me. For a billionaire to agree to pay 3mil for something like this to go away, and do a half measure of paying only 1mil, itā€™s absolutely baffling and stupid.

3 Likes

So the allegation as to why he stopped paying is because Vince believed that she had broken the NDA by the original WSJ story that lead to his first ā€œretirementā€.

3 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/29/media/vince-mcmahon-wwe-risk/index.html

Yet he knew she had even more ammo she could unleash and still thought he shouldnā€™t bc some minor part was leaked huh

Some genius :joy:

1 Like

I mean, Iā€™m glad he stopped paying because it led to the stuff coming out, but what a fucking idiot.

1 Like