Vince's returning to spearhead the sale of WWE?

Oh boy…

So… Everybody who thought 2022 was a wild news year. Buckle up.

3 Likes

I’ve been out here spitting the truth about the company gearing up for an imminent sale and we’d never see TV Rights deal this year. I know I’m the conspiracy theorist around her but this was an absolute “Always Has Been” situation. This was the only outcome.

3 Likes

Basically - “if I’m not involved, none of you will be either”.

The way this reads, he can just do this on his own authority as majority owner? Makes sense in one respect (he’s the owner…), but absolutely bonkers in others.

1 Like

Wrestlenomics actually talked about this exact scenario last week. I’m completely blown away that it’s actually happening.

But yes… If the board doesn’t agree with him - he can just replace the board, is what it comes down to. And apparently, what he’s doing.

3 Likes

Honestly, as long as he’s not involved with creative, I don’t care. If he’s involved with creative, I’m not happy.

He wants back in to control everything from the sounds of it.

Hopefully it’s just to sell it. :crossed_fingers:

I don’t see most of the current regime sticking around / holding on (people who were all relived of their duties before the sexual misconduct allegations surfaced), if Vince is trying to pull this power move and show everybody “who’s the boss”. I don’t know how it could. I could be totally wrong.

There is clearly an internal war going on for this company.

1 Like

We are totally getting Brock vs Roman again at Mania :joy:

4 Likes

Congratulations on the bold predictions guys.

3 Likes

How’s this for very little shock or dismay: (trying to upload video of CNBC clip that just aired)
Can’t upload the video so here is the clip.
https://twitter.com/formerly_mj/status/1611120725544370182?s=20&t=2cAFwXPy9hfJyJJzIxsgOw

There are very few things that I think can irreparably harm WWE as a business… that is, bring it down to a point where it is no longer the most successful and recognizable wrestling promotion in the world. And while I think it’s still unlikely in the grand scheme, this is one of the things that could actually start the ball rolling in that direction. Vince is a war-time consigliere, and when he’s essentially at war with his own company, who the hell knows what he might do?

1 Like

I agree with this if he wants to take the company back over and go back to status quo. But if its just to broker a sale, I don’t think its going to have a negative effect (unless he sells to an entity that will ruin it of course).

The chips could fall a lot of ways. This could be handled diplomatically - but it could also be a bloodbath. And that’s before a sale even goes down.

The fact Vince is releasing press releases minutes after the WSJ story breaks speaks volumes to how this is going to go down.

This is going to be very public.

Anyway… Going to be great when the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ends up buying WWE. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Is this a joke? Speculation? Or is there a legit rumor that they want to buy it?