Vince's returning to spearhead the sale of WWE?

It’s a joke… But I mean, LIV golf exists. Why wouldn’t they bid on WWE?

1 Like

Ok good. I don’t see a country buying an American Entertainment Company that primarily functions in the US, especially one that is going to have issues making deals for obvious reasons.

My gut tells me that some streaming service or major conglomerate are going to buy them (ie. Comcast, Disney, NBC Universal etc.).

Have thought about this as a way to take the company private. There is nothing stopping Vince from finding alternative financing ala Elon to support taking a company private. Especially one he is in bed with already who happens to be in the business of funding private Western entertainment and media.

2 Likes

Terribly timed (or perfectly timed) email? WWE ON SALE NOW!

3 Likes

Obviously it’s hard not to imagine one of the big media companies - namely NBC Universal - not trying to scoop it up.

But look, the Saudi government has spent a billion dollars for what will work out to, twenty events? What’s to say they wouldn’t try. Again LIV Golf is making waves - and if money is no object - they could easily do the same with WWE. All money, no soul, big business.

Another thought…

Could this be Vince’s way to take back control of the company? He steps back into power, “upon further reflection, the time isn’t right for a sale - but I’ll make sure to stay on board until that time comes”.

1 Like

Why not?
It may be different but Man City, Newcastle and maybe Man Utd and Liverpool will all soon be owned by Middle Eastern states.
Sports washing a huge and WWE already has links to Saudi Arabia. I could easily see it

1 Like

I thought this. If he wanted to sell he surely would have already?

1 Like

To quote a great man…“Hoo Boy.”

1 Like

There is no way Vince is going to all this effort to help with a sale. He will be back to his old position by the end of the month. No one can do anything to stop it

I also wonder if this erases the possibility of Rock and/or Cena coming back. Neither guy will want to be associated with sex scandal Vince.

It’s also perfect timing for AEW’s tv rights. It’s not necessary to deal with all the headaches Vince and WWE bring anymore. Cheaper and better product with less baggage

2 Likes

Man really wanted to inject “pOiSoN” within the WWE.

4 Likes

Because I see one of the giant media companies like Disney or NBC Universal as much more likely. Also, I just don’t see a country wanting an American wrestling promotion. I could be wrong, but thats what my gut tells me. Time will tell.

I just don’t see it, but I’m not authority on the matter either.

@TAnthonyAuld he worked himself into a shoot

The Saudi investment fund is invested in a lot of things already. 8B would be nothing. Would be bad for WWE brand to go that direction and could hurt their distribution in North America so for that I would say it is Unlikely (also hurting Liv’s viability)

As for him hurting the sale price. Nothing really hurts the sale price more than the macro environment and declining linear trends in ratings and Ad spend. What I think was a unforeseen outcome in a lot of this as I explained on Wrestlenomics today - if low ball offers for rights or just stalled negotiations due to macro environment were to start to look bad for the Renewals you could see the stock significantly sell off which means Vince and Co are left holding a far less valuable bag. It IS the right time to see. Can’t risk the house on a TV deal that if it doesn’t meet lofty expectations you go back to being a 4/5 billion company. The bidders ALWAYS had an upper hand here to force WWE if they wanted to really try and exert leverage. IMO this was known back in the spring of 2022 and the plan was always to transact in 2023. I digress

2 Likes

This is not surprising to any of us who have followed wrestling and McMahon for a long time.

Some of this is likely a work.

Other parts are probably serious.

But it’s the wrestling business and reality and story are confused on purpose.

Amoral capitalism does not care about issues (such as sexual abuse) other than making money.

Unfortunately many WWE fans also don’t care.

What about this do you think is a work?

Fast forward to the Royal Rumble when Vince challenges HHH for the CEO position.

At Wrestlemania we end up with HHH, The Rock and Cena Vs Vince, Logan Paul and Pat Mcafee with Stone cold as ref …. Let’s just hope Stone cold doesn’t turn heel at the wrong time again

2 Likes