Vince's returning to spearhead the sale of WWE?

He wants back in to control everything from the sounds of it.

Hopefully it’s just to sell it. :crossed_fingers:

I don’t see most of the current regime sticking around / holding on (people who were all relived of their duties before the sexual misconduct allegations surfaced), if Vince is trying to pull this power move and show everybody “who’s the boss”. I don’t know how it could. I could be totally wrong.

There is clearly an internal war going on for this company.

1 Like

We are totally getting Brock vs Roman again at Mania :joy:

4 Likes

Congratulations on the bold predictions guys.

3 Likes

How’s this for very little shock or dismay: (trying to upload video of CNBC clip that just aired)
Can’t upload the video so here is the clip.
https://twitter.com/formerly_mj/status/1611120725544370182?s=20&t=2cAFwXPy9hfJyJJzIxsgOw

There are very few things that I think can irreparably harm WWE as a business… that is, bring it down to a point where it is no longer the most successful and recognizable wrestling promotion in the world. And while I think it’s still unlikely in the grand scheme, this is one of the things that could actually start the ball rolling in that direction. Vince is a war-time consigliere, and when he’s essentially at war with his own company, who the hell knows what he might do?

1 Like

I agree with this if he wants to take the company back over and go back to status quo. But if its just to broker a sale, I don’t think its going to have a negative effect (unless he sells to an entity that will ruin it of course).

The chips could fall a lot of ways. This could be handled diplomatically - but it could also be a bloodbath. And that’s before a sale even goes down.

The fact Vince is releasing press releases minutes after the WSJ story breaks speaks volumes to how this is going to go down.

This is going to be very public.

Anyway… Going to be great when the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ends up buying WWE. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Is this a joke? Speculation? Or is there a legit rumor that they want to buy it?

It’s a joke… But I mean, LIV golf exists. Why wouldn’t they bid on WWE?

1 Like

Ok good. I don’t see a country buying an American Entertainment Company that primarily functions in the US, especially one that is going to have issues making deals for obvious reasons.

My gut tells me that some streaming service or major conglomerate are going to buy them (ie. Comcast, Disney, NBC Universal etc.).

Have thought about this as a way to take the company private. There is nothing stopping Vince from finding alternative financing ala Elon to support taking a company private. Especially one he is in bed with already who happens to be in the business of funding private Western entertainment and media.

2 Likes

Terribly timed (or perfectly timed) email? WWE ON SALE NOW!

3 Likes

Obviously it’s hard not to imagine one of the big media companies - namely NBC Universal - not trying to scoop it up.

But look, the Saudi government has spent a billion dollars for what will work out to, twenty events? What’s to say they wouldn’t try. Again LIV Golf is making waves - and if money is no object - they could easily do the same with WWE. All money, no soul, big business.

Another thought…

Could this be Vince’s way to take back control of the company? He steps back into power, “upon further reflection, the time isn’t right for a sale - but I’ll make sure to stay on board until that time comes”.

1 Like