Vince's returning to spearhead the sale of WWE?

So… Vince is moving fast. Are SEC filings usually put out at 6:30AM?

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/us/wwe/SEC/sec-outline.aspx?FilingId=16303052&Cik=0001091907&PaperOnly=0&HasOriginal=1

Generally, you don’t “work” the Federal Securities and Exchange Commission.

2023’s going to be a wild ride.

Buckle up.

1 Like

Now that he is back on the Board he is Fiduciary Duty. Pretty much to himself. But still.

He was able to add himself pretty quickly to the Board. This was fata complete seemingly weeks ago
EDIT: MAYBE NOT, posting the WWE Succession Files via Thurston below

1 Like

Nothing good is going to come from this.

I expect WWE to be sold very soon.

Vince is going to go scorched earth on everyone who he feels wronged him.

Vince already basically fired Stephanie and Triple H before he was ousted. I can’t see him looking out for their well-being given the power he has.

lol at “working” the SEC

But if HHH and Stephanie eventually come back and works a trios match against The Elite, then can we claim it was a work the whole time?

1 Like

WWE Succession Files: A Thread by Brandon Thurston

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1611346373407916033?s=20&t=zdsxNOr9egKIwMsQ8XwarQ

2 Likes

At 10am WWE has been halted in trading up 16.95% on just over 1M of volume.
Not sure what comes next but I think NEWS because I can’t see how the action triggered volatility halts.

A reminder, (and conspiracy), WWE was dubbed a MEME stock as it was likely part of a trading basket in 2021. It is possible the rapid rise in price has forced margin pressure on funds that are involved in that risky business. Halts have been used on MEME stocks to push the price back down. Let’s see if that happens post halt if no news.

Meanwhile, the conspiracy to halt every stock I follow on the way to the moon remains real.

1 Like

It’s just mindblowing to me that this is allowed to happen while he has multiple sexual harrasment lawsuits active against him and has a verified history of using company money to pay for coverups of past sexual assault. All the goodwill WWE had built over the last few months has just been flushed down the toilet.

Although I imagine the hype around the product will be at an all time high as the infighting over creative begins and rumors of a sale run rampant.

Is there some kind of “fail safe” here to remove Vince again (and for good)? Or did he build an iron-clad situation for himself as long as he’s the majority shareholder and had enough cronies to pass votes?

It might impact The Rock’s desire to be connected with WWE. Although with the Black Adam franchise seemingly over with he might end up using WWE after all for advertising his various brands because for the first time in years it doesn’t look like he has any movie work right now.

I don’t think it changes Cena’s attitude at all. Cena has been on Saudi shows. He is a company man and a man that seems to feel indebted to McMahon. If anything a call from Vince makes it more likely that he carves out enough time to be at WrestleMania.

And…… William Regal is back in AEW.

3 Likes

I think it depends on how this plays out. If he stays on top and there is no sale, I 100% agree. If he sells, I think the goodwill is even better then it is now.

As of even a week ago, even though Vince was not involved he was still the owner of the company. Despite what he did “9-5” he was still being paid by the company and in the background was the face of the company. If he sells, the company is washed of him and I think PR wise in a better place then its been in for years.

But to be clear, if he doesn’t sell and he’s using this as an excuse to run the company again, then I 100% agree with you.

1 Like

And a very important thought by John here…

I thought Vince removed them? Or is this then trying to save face?

I believe this would be the fourth and fifth board members to go.

JoEllen Dillon, Jeffrey Speed, and Alan Wexler were the first three names removed. And now these two.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1611421728974188544?s=46&t=kzl9U9C18kH9P2uCvZ60gg

Miro, Andrade and Malakai Black suddenly open to creative :laughing:

1 Like