Voting Intentions of Wrestling Fans

Fair enough, I would say that Theresa may negotiated what was, by all accounts, a better deal than what Johnson managed. He only got his closer to being passed because of the threat of “no-deal.”

I’m from the England but don’t live there. I follow UK politics but don’t really have any strong opinions on most domestic issues.

But what seems obvious as a foreigner and from talking to coworkers and friends that do live in England is that Brexit is the most decisive issue in the country and needs to be resolved. Both parties might be trying to talk about their domestic agenda but it all seems secondary to their goals for Brexit.

Since Brexit negotiations have been happening for two years the public and International observers has a better idea of the consequences of Brexit and they seem so dire I don’t see why the country would continue to go through with it. Especially (god forbid) a no-deal Brexit.

My company had a huge office in London that managed all our operations in the UK and Europe (like many companies do) and its almost entirely relocated to Europe. There’s only 15% of the staff that used to be in London. And many other companies are doing the same. The UK public seemed to vastly overestimate its political and economic importance without its EU connections when they did the first referendum. Hopefully after two years the public is smart enough to vote in a government which will give up on Brexit and get on with trying to run the country. But if the public were smart and informed maybe the UK wouldn’t be in this mess it’s in to begin with.

I completely disagree with everything you say except the fact the only thing that matters is getting brexit sorted out.

As a voter that wanted out of the EU however - I would rather we stay in that just carry on doing nothing. It’s a joke

When I travel internationally I’m often asked to explain how and why America elected Donald Trump president. It’s a difficult question because it’s pretty baffling for me as well 3 years later. But I can at least explain some of the underlying issues in American politics that led to his appeal.

As a Brit who voted Leave can you explain why after two years of failed negotiations and gridlock you still think Britain should leave the EU? I’m honestly curious.

Yes I can - so I studied law and trained as a solicitor and it infuriates me that whatever laws we as a country come up with - mean nothing if people in Brussels decide otherwise.

Theres some hilarious examples. We in the UK cannot buy a carrot that is not straight. How ridiculous is that? If a carrot is not straight it is not fit for sale. We didnt decide that - the EU did.

I have no issues with immigration - I didnt vote leave because of that. I voted because I dont agree that we are controlled by people in Brussels.

Now - i completely agree it will have an impact. But - we were told that if we vote leave - the whole country will fall apart and everyone would end up homeless and we would be in a recession within 15 minutes. After 2 years - some economists believe we are in a stronger position (marginally) than Germany.

So I think - take the hit. Let us sell wonky carrots, write our own laws, and build again. Trump wants to do business with us, Canada, Japan, all state they will do business with us. It’s a big world out there - we shouldn’t be held to ransom by Brussels.

I’d have thought, as someone who’s studied law, that you’d be aware that there is no such regulation on carrots. I think what you are referring to is the bendy banana law which is a regulation introduced by British diplomats in the mid 90s and was a voluntary regulation that member states were free to opt out of. The European Parliament has/had very little power to force anything on the UK and were even unable to prevent the uk from invading Iraq in 2003 despite warning against it.

I quote: from the marketing standards of fresh fruit and vegetables of the UK Government.

“The rules are detailed, and retailers should make sure you understand the follow the advice in the European Union (EU) Marketing Standards for Fresh Horticultural Produce”.

That’s how it works. The EU decides something such as marketing standards - and the UK must follow. Our Marketing Standards must adhere to the EU.

I dont know what you are talking about with regard to Iraq. I am referring to hierarchy. The EU chooses something - we make it law.

That is more to do with food hygiene and correct labelling, which I’m sure the uk would have high standards of, especially seeing as they were the ones pushing Commission Regulation (EC) No. 2257/94 which is the one I was referring to as the bendy banana law, and is the only eu regulation that deals with a specific fruit or vegetable, seriously, go to a supermarket you’ll see plenty wonky carrots. We elect our MEPs who then vote on these issues and as the UK has a lot of power within the EU these laws and regulations are done through these people we elect, not by an over-ruling foreign European Union that doesn’t give us a say.

Biden is so senile he can’t even remember what state He is in half the time.

But are least Uncle Joe knows that Frederick Douglass is deceased (to be fair, he worked closely with the man and other abolitionists)! :rofl::us::100:

2 Likes

But if the UK is going to continue to import/export with the EU your products are still going to have to meet EU standards. Same as USA products shipped to the EU. Wouldn’t it be better to work inside the EU to impact their regulations to make it easier for the UK to do business?

As an outsider it just seems like a massive overreaction. Like getting a divorce because your wife got the wrong bananas.

No - our imports wouldn’t have to meet EU standards - they would have to meet UK standards. The point is - we would choose the standards.

Example (that goes the other way and doesnt help my argument but shows how it works) - the Press went on and on that the UK would be forced to have chlorinated chicken if we leave the EU and do business with America. Apparently America cleans chickens in some way and we dont want that but if we do business with Trump we will have to accept it.
My point is - that would be our choice. Not Brussels.

But then going to the wife - it’s not one thing. Its total control. The EU controls us. If the marriage was 50/50 things would be happier at home but I have no say. Shes completely taken over and frankly I just dont feel very loved. I want to be single for a bit and who knows - I might go and realise I was better off with her.

Back to your very first point - I’m not saying I’m right. And I’m not saying the remainers are wrong. I’m saying - we were given a choice and I feel Britain should leave the EU and have the ability to make it’s own rules. I had my vote and we got a decision. If we had agreed to remain I wouldn’t be campaigning and having parliament block remaining.
I don’t agree with some of the views of both sides. I’m merely saying - I have a reason for my vote

Our economy would crash overnight if we ceased trading with the European Union. Therefore all products we import and export would still have to be up to European standard the only difference is out-with the EU we wouldn’t have any say in what those standards are. So brexit basically means the European Union has more control over us out-with it than operating within it.

“Our economy would crash overnight”

This is what they said when we voted. We were told if we vote leave - the economy would bomb.

We are performing better than Germany in some economic studies.

The actual vote wouldn’t crash the economy the result of it will if we leave with no deal.

Ha ha, this is a funny comparison.

It’s probably quite likely that ‘The Wife’ goes and get’s into bed with the USA itself when we leave and they create a trade deal which we’re not part off.

I don’t think the EU is great, Is any political system great? I can’t think of any right now.
Well lets see if going at it alone is better, it’s never been tried before so maybe you’ll be right - If not though its us that will suffer not BJ who will move to France or DCameron who caused all of this whose already moved away.

Sadly we elect the Brexit part candidates to these posts and they don’t take voting seriously!

It’s like an evil spiraling issue that people arent happy so they vote for the ‘Difference’ quite like Trump in the US election. People don’t like the Establishment, so vote against it but in turn that can make things worse.

If we were all honest with ourselves, probably none of the current parties deserve our vote but sadly we have no one else right now.

If we go off this group alone though, were looking at a conservative majority…God give us hope with BJ in charge :-/

You’ve heard our opinions. No ones asked you - why the Green Party?

Why not vote for a realistic opposition if you dont want a conservative government?

That’s not a slight on you. It’s an actual question in same way people have asked me

I may change my mind but right now my feelings are that its going to be a hung parliament and to keep out the tories (which i want) Labour will have to do a deal with someone and I don’t think JC will. Which could risk giving the Tories time to make a pact again with someone - maybe the brexit party if they can pull out a good showing.

Labour have acted really poorly in recent years. They didn’t support any woman who complained about sexual harassment. They haven’t dealt with antisemitism well and momentum bullying has been an issue I’ve witnessed locally.

I don’t think any vote is a wasted vote and the green party locally are really good where I am. I may well change my mind last minute and vote Labour if I feel it’ll help but JC has really let many people down including me who had high hopes.

I’m intrigued to know what you wrote?