Wandavision Feedback Thread (May Contain Spoilers)

Scrump from Pro Wrestling Tees

Did I enjoy this episode this week?

Yes, no, maybe?

From the opening credits until we’re taken back to the real world outside of the Hex, I had a smile on my face that resembled a Joker victim sprayed with Smilex Gas because of the Malcolm in the Middle homage.

My biggest take away from this week’s episode was that this Pietro might not be the Pietro from the Fox movies, but instead just a citizen of Westview being imbued with the memories of MCU Pietro.

In the Fox movies, Wanda is a child and not in fact his twin so for this Pietro to have memories of he and Wanda as a child wouldn’t make sense.

Regardless I like Evan Peters playing the cool uncle visiting town trope and hope that he sticks around for more than just this show.

Question:

With the Hex having grown substantially and so many agents being sucked up into it, is it at this point that we see Doctor Strange or other Avengers get involved?

Post Thanos, I can’t see why threats like this wouldn’t be immediately dealt with by Avengers still “active” due to the Sokovia Accords.

Take care gentleman.

Anthony from Melbourne

Maybe a tad late but I just wanted to voice a gripe I’ve had with the series.

Wanda loosing her accent was a bit of an internet joke but they have made a few references to it now, beyond the point of a cute laugh.

I thought in episode 1 they had the opportunity to retcon the entire accent issue when it was brought up by Visions boss. They could easily throw in a quick explanation that she felt out of place once she come to America so she puts on an American accent or something to that affect.

This is Marvel though, so there certainly could be more to it, when she left the Hex she did appear to have more of an accent, so maybe the loss of accent has to do with the American sitcom theme.

This show has so many hidden meanings and layers, I love it and I love hearing you guys talk about it, cant wait till next week!

Thanks mate! Looking forward to her developments in Ep. 7 and beyond.

1 Like

If the next episode is the mockumentary style sitcom, it would be awesome to see John krasinski in it as Reed Richards.

1 Like

That would be a good news story.

I mean the next episode has to be Modern Family. That would be great to have John Krasinski but are they trying to do a spin off of The Office ?

Perhaps Ellis ave is a reference to Ellis island(?)

1 Like

I’m not sure, but if it’s modern family, it’s still the same mockumentary style that started with the office.

Such a fun show to watch and I love the weekly format.

Anyone else heard about the final few episodes all being an hour long?

It is quite similar yes.

What do you guys think of this?

1 Like

It is interesting but it’s like revealing a magic trick. When you strip down a sci fi movie or tv show, it looks like nothing.

So, I’m guessing this is the rumored “10th episode”?

I’m down. I like these kinds of shows.

Just a heads up that there’s a mid credits scene in episode 7

3 Likes

Hey everyone…to “get” this show, do you need to have need all the movies in the MCU? I’ve only seen a handful. I want to watch it because I’ve heard such good things, but I dont want to watch it with all these subtle call backs going over my head because I never watched the movies. I do know that there are a lot of sitcom call backs, that I can confidently say I will have zero problem getting. Any tips would be appreciated!

I definitely don’t think you need to have watched all the mcu movies, I have, and half the stuff goes over my head anyway. I think what’s worth watching to get to know the characters, if you wish to, would be, age of ultron, civil war and, and infinity war.

1 Like

I just hope that Agatha is not the only “bad guy” because she is not considered as a huge antagonist in the comics.

1 Like

Stu from Liverpool,

So despite my initial confusion at the beginning (I’ve never seen a single second of Modern Family), it was another episode I really enjoyed. They built the episode solely around Wanda, with no real progress in Vision’s story but a major jump for Monica seemingly getting some Photonesque powers. I won’t give a blow-by-blow account of the episode, but my highlights were how they played up that Wanda wasn’t in complete control, how she may be in control of elements of the situation but she’s as trapped as the rest, and of course the descent into the basement and the big reveal by Agnes. Plus the mid-credits scene physically made me “oooooh” to the surprise of my 4 year old son. Darcy was 100% pointless in the episode, pretty disappointed by that. Even her use of humour seemed shoehorned in. Where are the twins? Who was the missing child on the side of the milk carton? Anyway, I shouldn’t ask too much but hey, snooper’s gonna snoop.

Question: could fake-Pietro be Nicholas Scratch, aka Agatha’s magician son? I’m a complete novice with Marvel comics, but the small bit of reading I’ve done there’s the possibility to move the story towards the Fantastic Four, Salem’s Seven, Mephisto and Dormammu, all rumoured protagonists/antagonists. Mephisto = Fly?

(Wai, not particularly for this thread but thank you for the Wellness Policy returning, I wrote an Ask-A-Wai question a while back commenting on my own mental health issues so it’s good to see the issue brought to the forefront).

2 Likes

Agatha is slightly more related to the Fantastic Four than the Avengers so, it could be a link.

1 Like

She’s holding the rabbit for a reason. There’s probably much more at play.

1 Like