Wandavision Feedback Thread (May Contain Spoilers)

Agreed. Most relevant are AOU, Infinity War, the last 30min of Endgame, and maybe last half of Cap. Marvel if you wanna follow Rambeau’s narrative.

The Marvel Legends shorts on Disney+ do a decent job summarizing Wanda and Vision’s stories at about 7min each.

It’s deep if you want it to be, but now that 7 episodes are over, I don’t think it’s nearly as inaccessible as some thought.

1 Like

Not necessarily. It will help you with recognizing some stuff in the background or characters, maybe some event here or there, but nothing groundbreaking. You can pretty much watch it as a stand alone.

Should the reveal of Agatha have been more dramatic, less comedy ? It made me think about the ending of Psycho.

1 Like

I’m digging the show the episodes are really building the overall story and suspence. ‘It was Agatha all along’ was a fun retelling of the show from Agathas perspective. Really clever. “And I killed Sparky too” made me burst out laughing. Can’t wait for the next episode!

1 Like

Greg Broxburn Scotland
A different paced episode this week building to the big reveal at the end but still a lot of fun.

Wandas Claire Dunphy impersonation was on point!

Vision and Darcy? More of this sort of thing

And all villains should get their own theme tunes!

Poor Sparky

Really excited for the conclusion of what has been an excellent series

Keep up the good work guys

3 Likes

M from BC

I find the level of escalation of Wanda’s powers up until now interesting.

• She manipulated things and people already there like residents and Monica’s kevlar
  • She stole Vision’s body and used it to bring him back to life (or Agatha did)
  • Then, two children are are given life without any existing matter
  • Pietro’s body wasn’t around, but one (that we know) is from another dimension shows up

Question 1
Do you guys think Wanda was told she could have Vision back if she did x,y,z, but they’re really steps ramping her up to use her powers to achieve some goal from other dimensions (e.g., summon a life from another universe)

Question 2
Did Agatha have to wait until now (the Sorcerer supreme no longer had the eye of agamotto) to try to pull this off? And is this why Dr Strange will have to come and address this?

Listening to all of you and reading the forum is the highlight of my week. Cheers, guys.

1 Like

I think its a swerve for a larger villian down the road. Mephisto perhaps?

Nah.

Dramatic villains don’t have unadulterated bops for theme songs like Sister Agatha! :rofl:

But seriously, I do think we get a bigger bad here…Eventually.

Agatha is a perfectly suitable foil for TV. If anything, I think they’ll save the bigger villains for a cameo that leads to the movies.

:100:

1 Like

O.M.S from Israel,

Great episode, the build up throughout the episode for the reveal of Agatha, from her taking the kids, to Billy implying he can’t hear what’s in her mind and her looking really worried, to her coming to “save” Wanda from Monica was all done with great pacing. And we also had our first mid-credit scene with the return of “Pietro”.
For me, the first two episode were so slow paced that it took me multiple sittings to watch them, and I even wondered if it was worth watching this series if all the episodes were like this. I’m so glad I believed it would get better and it sure as hell did.

1 Like

I kept trying to look. Wondered if it was Tommy or Billy and that was Wanda’s subconscious trying to clue her in to keep an eye on them.

It could be a reference to Seven Bundy, the child who disappeared into his bedroom.

1 Like

Jay from Colorado

I’ve just gone through a rewatch of the entire MCU ending with Spoder-Man FFH. Assuming WandaVision takes place weeks after End Game, and Spider-Man FFH a few months after End Game does this explain Mr Dell’s obsession with blaming everything on witches in Spider-Man? If this was intentional this is just amazing.

6 Likes

WandaVision has gone through 3 stages of grief this season and the themes of depression ran rampant in this episode. The Modern Family-style confessionals were well done and Elizabeth Olsen channelled Julie Bowen very effectively.

The third act ripped the curtains off and I wasn’t ready for “Agatha all Along”. Kathryn Hahn continues to deliver. I have no fears about the last two episodes sticking the landing.

I loved Monica’s SWORD uniform having the Spectrum color scheme…is Pietro a part of Agatha’s agenda?

1 Like

Hello. Assume I haven’t watched any of these Marvel films before but my family now wants a backstory. What’s the logical way to watch these? Would the order of reviews be the right way? Wandavision has cracked upon potentially hours now of new content to view (and I guess reviews to listen to from you guys)

I definitely think theatrical release order should be the way to go for a first viewing of the MCU. It’s the way they were designed to be consumed and all the teases will work better for you.

1 Like

Also, be mindful of following the order of our reviews as we did a few of the Captain America films first before diving into the others.

Thank you kindly. There are so many of these so I’ve avoided all of it. From watching and listening specifically to WH Park I’m encouraged to try finally.

Thanks for that. Definitely nixes my theory.

Wonder if that’s a missing person case within the missing town case, or if that’s where the twins came from if it’s not the married with children reference.

1 Like

Again I cant thank Wai enough for both this podcast and The Wellness Policy. While this is a wrestling community it is a COMMUNITY first. I didn’t realize until recently with having a child and not being able to have all my loved ones see him or being forced to go teach in person in
a region while people living there are being ordered to “stay at home” how important self care is. I need my downtime now more than ever and I filll that up with wrestling, comics and podcasts so thank you Post Wrestling.

That aside, I don’t believe Agatha Harkness is the 'big bad". She may be the big villain for wanda to overcome but I feel by episode 9 we will learn mephisto was behind everything leading into the doctor strange movie. Lots of veiled “doctor” references here.

I’m sure you guys will discuss modern family homages but in the Darcy/Vision clown sub plot from the score to the way it was shot I was getting major Arrested Development vibes.

Thanks again guys. I can’t recommend enough Marvel Unlimited to read all of @WH_PARK’s recommendations. I’m about to start the children’s crusade based on his passion for the story. Sunday is one of my fave days of the week thanks to you two.

Be Well and Stay Safe.

2 Likes

I also wanted to say in the Monica scenes I was getting major Fantastic Four vibes. Monica’s outfit echoed invisible woman and that truck made me think of a Reed designed fantasticar. I know we won’t see Reed or the FF this season but a reference to the fantastic four in episode 9 would be awesome :slight_smile: