What are you watching?

Confirmed: 1883 was nothing like 1923.
Sources: old people

4 Likes

I love Entourage and have watched it from start to finish several times. Iā€™ve started watching it again this week because I recently listened to Emmanuelle Chriqui on Michael Rosenbaumā€™s podcast and she said that the show creator Doug Ellin, and show co-stars Kevin Dillon and Kevin Connolly have a podcast about the show called Victory, the Podcast. So I started listening to it and rewatching the show. I have no idea how the podcast was completely off my radar the last two years.

1 Like

Star trek picard the final season started super strong.
And the last of us has been great.
Pokerface is alot of fun

2 Likes

I also watched the season premier of Picard and really liked it. There is a delicate balance when using nostalgia. And I loved that Picard just said fuck it and made it 1 hour of Trekkie bliss with Easter-eggs in every shot.

But I also thought the starts of season 1 and 2 were really good and then both seasons went downhill quickly. Already this season looks like itā€™ll have a season-long mystery like a typical Discovery season and the writers arenā€™t able to maintain momentum all season on Disco.

I hope Season 3 is better. I think itā€™ll be even more disappointing than season 2 if the TNG cast is all back and the season is still boring.

Drive to Survive season 5 is insanity!

1 Like

I just finished watch Daredevil Season 2 (loved it), and next up in the Daredevil timeline is The Defenders. I do have a question for people, are Luke Care, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist worth watching?

Iā€™ve asked a couple friends and they say that Jessica Jones is pretty good (but not as good as Davedevil), Luke Cage is good, Iron Fist is garbage.

I know Marvel is big on this board, so Iā€™m curious what people think?

1 Like

Luke cage season 1 and jessica jones is good. Luke cage season 2 isnt as good but is not terrible. Iron Fist seaon 1 gives you more insight on the hand. But finn jones is just not good.

1 Like

Net Netflix dating show The Match was perfectly mindless and features one of the great Netflix Reality villains of their programs. Itā€™s funny seeing even Netflix create an ecosystem/universe for their reality dating shows. Everythingā€™s gotta be an MCU.

The Challenge season which just concluded had an excellent back half of the season once it got rid of its expanded universe and it was left to OGs.

1 Like

Next level chef and will trent are popping so far.

I loved the Challenge this season! Ride or Dies was a great theme!

I was a little disappointed with who didnā€™t win (Ill just say I wanted the 2nd place finishers to win), but with that said the team that won was the team I liked second best, and funny enough the team that finished 3rd was the team I liked 3rd best (and I mean for the entirety of the season). So seeing my top 3 teams in the final 3 was pretty awesome.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I thought Jessica Jones season 1 was better than Daredevil. It was more unique with a stronger season-long story. The did a great job of adapting a very complex comic book story. I loved it.

My Netflix Marvel ranking is:

1. Jessica Jones season 1
  2. Daredevil season 1
  3. Jessica Jones season 3
  4. Daredevil season 3
  5. Daredevil season 2
  6. Jessica Jones season 2
  7. Luke Cage season 1
  8. Punisher season 1
  9. Defenders
  10. Luke Cage season 2
  11. Iron Fist season 2
  12. Iron Fist season 1
3 Likes

Nice! Iā€™m going to watch that next! Based on your ranking, should so just skip Iron Fist and watch a YouTube recap?

I appreciate you taking the time to rank them.

Thats pribably easier than going through 10 episodes. Lol

1 Like

While I obviously ranked Iron Fist at the bottom of the list, I didnā€™t hate the show. It just wasnā€™t as good as the rest. I think itā€™s still worth watching.

@Bouyank557 is right that Finn Jones isnā€™t very good as Danny Rand. But the show is as much about Colleen Wing and the actress Jessica Henwick is excellent as Colleen.

I also didnā€™t rank Defenders very high. I wonder if I would like it more if I rewatched it now. I remember it being good but that it just didnā€™t meet the level of hype I had for it.

2 Likes

Youre absolutely right.

What about Punisher Season 2? Punisher was my favourite part about Daredevil Season 2 (plus I love Jon Bernthal from early Walking Dead), so Iā€™m really looking forward to watching Punisher. I hope season 2 was good.

It was good. They could have contiuned it in my opinion

2 Likes

Maybe he comes back as a character in Daredevil Born Again. Iā€™m super excited to see that coming back, and I still have another season of the older one to watch! Iā€™m so late to the dance lol, but Iā€™m enjoying it!

Starting Jessica Jones Season 1 tonight.

2 Likes

I never watched Season 2. It was released quite a bit later than the other series and was the last Netflix Marvel series. By that point I think Disney+ had been announced and the writing was on the wall that all the Marvel TV shows at the time were ending. And that Disney would be starting new shows.

I also really liked the Hulu series Runaways and Cloak & Dagger for more teen-centric but still well done shows. They didnā€™t have the same budget so their special effects arenā€™t anything special. But work because of the terrific young actors they found for both shows.

A real strength of Marvel on TV and in the movies is their casting. There have been very few misses for the dozens of characters they have cast.

1 Like

Might not be new, but weā€™ve started a Buffy the Vampire rewatch! It (and Angel) are all on Disney+ In Canada, but weā€™re about half way through season two!