What are you watching?

It was a good start to the prequel series

Industry is better than Succession, thank me later.

Starting a HBO miniseries called We Own This City that has Jon Bernthal in it, will report back if itā€™s good.

Digging this thread up again to see if anyone else is watching Rings of Power? Thoughts?

Also Currently Watching:

Cobra Kai Season 5 - Just started. So far so good. Iā€™ve seen some complaints online that the series hasnā€™t evolved much from the first two seasons and I donā€™t think it needs to. It could go on forever with the formula it has of high school martial arts drama mixed with 80ā€™s nostalgia.

House of the Dragon - Excellent. Loving it. Itā€™s laying the foundation for an epic series.

Rings of Power - It looks like a Billion dollars because it is. But it was worth it. It looks fantastic. Iā€™m into the elf storylines of Galadriel and Arondir. Even though they have supposedly changed some things from the books (which I havenā€™t read so it doesnā€™t bother me).

She-Hulk - Itā€™s fine. Just fine. The 30 minute run-times really hurt it more than the CGI. If it was trying to be an homage of lawyer showā€™s it should feel more like the classic 45 minute episodes. Instead they go too quick to feel like you get to know anyone. So far my least favorite Marvel show.

Star Trek: Lower Decks - Three episodes have been released and so far they have all been enjoyable. Funny and full of passion for star trek. Itā€™s underrated in my opinion. Only SNW has been better of any of the new-treks.

Welcome to Wrexham - This is a documentary series of Ryan Reynolds and Rob Mcelheney buying the Welsh football club Wrexham. Itā€™s a wonderful look at soccer culture in the UK at a level thatā€™s more like Friday Night Lights in the USA. While Ryan and Rob are very funny together. Itā€™s worth checking out.

1 Like

Dipped in to see if anyone posted about this. Just about to reach the season finale on Disney+ here in Canada.

Pawn Stars is the best reality show to watch right now for me. And you get to learn something.

1 Like

Oh man itā€™s good. SNW and LD fills my soul. The other stuff can is less for me but Iā€™m glad theyā€™re trying new stuff.

Tales of the Jedi was phenomenal. If you like the Clone Wars series then youre in for a treat.

1 Like

I started Industry last night because I have heard good things about it and now that several shows are over (House of the Dragon, Rings of Power, She-Hulk, Lower Decks, etc.) I can get caught up on a couple of things.

I was honestly not very captivated. Other than a couple of character moments to show that the financial company they are working for has insane pressure, hazing and bigotry it was mostly 45 minutes of business lingo that I didnā€™t understand. Normally in a show like this there is someone that helps explain what is going on to the main characters and the audience and that was sorely missing.

Iā€™m going to give it a couple more episodes because I didnā€™t like the first episode of Succession either. But hopefully it gets more interesting to me.

1 Like

Season 2 was far more interesting from a character standpoint. Season 1 is a whirlwind that really sets the stage. It wasnā€™t til S2 that I fully appreciated what had been made. Not too many eps. Stick with it.

The last of us premiere was really good

1 Like

I want to watch Last of Us but Iā€™ll probably wait until a few more episodes are out to binge.

What Iā€™m currently watching:
-1923 Season 1 - Better than Yellowstone
-Star Wars Bad Batch Season 2
-Slow Horses Season 1 & 2 - I havenā€™t seen much talk about this show but it is a fantastic spy mystery on Apple TV with a great cast.

What I just finished
-Yellowstone - Good but frustrating that itā€™s on a long mid-season break.
-Mythic Quest - Another great season

Looking forward to starting:
-Last of Us
-White Lotus

1 Like

Mythic quest is awesome! One of the best shows on tv that nobody is watching lol.

I havenā€™t watched 1923 or Yellowstone. Can I watch 1923 first? Or is yellow stone required viewing?

1 Like

Over here weā€™re watching Bad Batch, weā€™re going to start Last of Us, we started watching the second last season of the 2012 TMNT now that itā€™s on Paramount +, and with my Power Rangers rewatch continuing, weā€™re in the last half of Power Rangers Zeo lol

You can watch 1923 first. Its a prequel so far the only connection is location and family name.

3 Likes

Start with 1883 if you are just going to the prequels. At least provides history

2 Likes

My only issue is I donā€™t like watching multiple shows in the same world at the same time as for me it starts to feel like WWEish for lack of a better term lol (ie. overexposure). I dont mind prequals and sequels, but I prefer they come out when the original ends (ie. Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul).

The reason why I asked about 1923 is because I love Harrison Ford, and because it just started so I wont have to worry about catching up.

1 Like

1923 is great. Id say just watch that and dont worry about 1883

1 Like

Watch them one at a time then.

Start with 1883. It was only 10 episodes.

And then start 1923. They have only released four episodes that you can get caught up on.

A total of 14 episodes is the size of a typical season of a lot of shows. And both shows are really good and very different than each other.

And then you will be ready to jump into Yellowstone after 1923 finishes its first season.

2 Likes

Good! Thats the part that I always worry about. If they are different, that Iā€™m ok with it, when they are all similar thatā€™s when I have an issue with it (again, think watching Raw then SD).

1 Like