What are you watching?

This reminds me of watching a documentary about Maradona on Crave. It also involves the Camorra out of Naples because Maradona played for Napoli.

The most interesting part of the documentary is when he had to play for Argentina against Italy in the world cup. He was a hero in Naples but now had to play against the country he played his club soccer in. That particular game also took place in Naples to make things even worse for him.

Without sports, there isnā€™t much outside of wrestling that Iā€™m watching.

NASCAR
Random Netflix/HBO docuseries (like the one on the Unabomber)

I watched Hamilton on Disney+ along with everyone else I know it seems like. It lived up to the hype for me.

3 Likes

It was really goodā€¦And Daveed Diggs could play Xavier Woods in a movie! :100:

4 Likes

I just finished watching 13 Reasons why, itā€™s sad how bad this show has gotten. I strongly DO NOT recommend watching it.

Its like they took every single teenage/social justice issue there is and crammed it into a single season. All topics that can be relevant and meaningful, but not the way they did it.

I know many hate this show, but season 1 was important to me. One of my best friends committed suicide about a week before season 1 came out in March 2017, so watching it was almost therapeutic for me.

Currently binge watching Homeland with my roommate and watching Scrubs on my own. Nice mix of something serious and something fun.

Homeland is a good show, donā€™t let a bad season 3 stop you from continuing the series.

2 Likes

Funny you say thatā€¦ Iā€™ve tried the series twice and quit after season 3 haha

1 Like

It gets better, I promise lol. I thought season 1 was one of the best seasons of any show I have ever watched. Season 2 was very good, 3 sucked.

4, 5, and 6 were all good. They were all very different which I liked, especially 4 & 5.

Didnā€™t love 7 (but not as bad as 3), and I thought the final season which was season 8 was a good final season.

1 Like

Honestly thatā€™s my person opinion. 24 and Prison Break are my favourites all time and Iā€™ve always loved Seasons 1 and 2 of Homeland but quit after 3. Sticking it out for sure this time!

1 Like

24 was awesome, personally the only show I would probably rank above it is breaking bad.

Iā€™ve never seen Prison Break, Iā€™ve always wanted to check it out though. Can I ask, without spoiling it, does the show get an ending? Or is it one of those shows that got cancelled and never had a chance to wrap things up?

1 Like

The show does get an ending.

Without spoilersā€¦ The ending to Season 4 which was the end of the first television run is really good and a nice end to the series.

Then of course they revive the series 10 years later and thatā€™s just never a good idea, but I enjoyed It because it had been 10 years. Haha

Thereā€™s also a 90 minute TV movie and Netflix has the whole series and airs everything in order.

1 Like

If you liked 24 then another spy/action show I would recommend from the early to mid 2000ā€™s that I think was even better than 24 is Alias by JJ Abrams staring Jennifer Garner. The entire series is on Prime Video I think.

The first two seasons in particular are excellent and I remember ā€œbinge watchingā€ the DVDā€™s till late at night back in the day.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s on my list to watch as well as Dexter so Iā€™m sure I will get to it at some point this year haha

1 Like

Dexter is another great show! Peaks at season 4, season 5 was good, then it begins to go downhill a bit. Still worth watching though.

2 Likes

I watched The Old Guard Netflix original movie. My wife and I both enjoyed it. It had some good action and Charlie Theron is terrific in it (as she is in pretty much everything).

They made some changes to the original comic book series that I had read so it made the movie a little unpredictable which I liked.

Lately, I have been watching a mixture of Unsolved Mysteries (both the revamped Netflix version and the classic Robert Stack hosted version), Kitchen Nightmares, and randomly this Canadian guy who eats in his car named KBDProductionsTV on Youtube.

I have come to the realization that there are a lot of other forms of worthy entertainment besides wrestling. I have been pretty tuned out of wrestling, not even in the mood to watch that much classic wrestling these days.

I cancelled my Disney+ so now its just Funimation, HBO Max and ATT TV Now for me.

Iā€™m rewatching Tokyo Ghoul season 1 so I can watch season 2. Then Iā€™ll probably start Dr STONE.

Oh man. Wrestling just lost out to guy chowing down in a car. Tough times for Vince ahead.

Upload - great sci-fi comedy and Tales from the Loop - I loved it, reminded me a little of The Leftovers. I starte using vpn to unblock netflix and watch US Netflix without any restrictions, so convy.