What are you watching?

Definitely, o didn’t like the first Suicide Squad either, James Gunn 2nd film is a vast improvement and this is very different from that first movie (which to me is the worst thing of the DCEU)

2 Likes

Oh good! Ill give it a shot!

One more question for you though…do you think I should watch Suicide Squad 2 before watching Peacemaker?

If you’re interested watch the movie. Like it was said above its alot better and completely different from the first one. As far as needing to see it the first episode does a good job of recapping what happened as far as peacemaker and his role.

1 Like

As said they recap it very well, but if you have the time “The Suicide Squad” is a lot of fun and worth a watch, give it a go!

1 Like

I’ll give the movie a watch first, then I’ll check it out!

1 Like

Aside from NJPW and NOAH…

Mostly NFL and NHL but aside from that Im watching:

Demon Slayer
Attack on Titan
Just started Mishoku Tensei.

Im about to start the Witcher season 2 soon as well!

1 Like

Been really enjoying Noah too!

I don’t know if you can find it on US Netflix but there is a documentary about an 18 year old who created a drug empire from his child’s room by using the German postal service as his courier. It was a pretty interesting one. Gotta search for “shiny flakes”

I’ve been binge watching Succession since being locked out of work and it’s absolutely fantastic!

Were you hooked from the first episode? Or did it take you a few to get into it?

1 Like

I binged watched the whole show so fast I honestly can’t remember when I decided I was hooked. That being said I always give a series a couple episodes before leaving or staying

1 Like

I know it is way to late but I am going to watch Spiderman No Way Home tonight. Hope it is worth it.

2 Likes

Currently watching:

1883 - I got caught up on Yellowstone around Christmas so it was natural to follow up with 1883.
Star Trek Picard Season 2 - Only one episode out so far but already a big improvement over season 1.
The Gilded Age - Slow start to this period drama so far. But still something nice to watch with wife.
Abbott Elementary - Really fun new comedy which is something I’ve been missing.

About to start:
Superman & Lois Season 2
Marvelous Ms Maisel Season 4
Winning Time - Really interested in this show about the Lakers that’s getting good reviews.

Looking forward to:
Halo
Moon Knight
Bridgeton Season 2

Recently Finished:
Peacemaker - Super weird. Very funny. The perfect use of John Cena.
Love is Blind Season 2 - The best of trash tv.
The Righteous Gemstones Season 2 - Not as good as season 1.
Book of Boba Fett - Started slow but the last three episodes made it worth it.

1 Like

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is sooooooo good! Just late into starting it, but man I love it!

1 Like

Just started watching Peacemaker this past weekend, and I 100% agree with this take. Its a funny show, but if you are turned off by Penis/Sex jokes, not for you lol.

Also just finished Righteous Gemstones S2. I would agree Season 1 is better, but I didnt think the drop off was steep at all. I would still recommend it.

You were right, I watched the movie this past weekend and I really liked it. Much better then the original.

1 Like

I thought it really fell off as the season went on. Season 1 was an incredible satire of “big corporate evangelical churches” and there was still a lot of comedy and drama to get out of that setting. Instead it turned into a bizarre action mystery comedy. I understand that’s where Danny McBride might feel comfortable but it lost me as it went along.

I did like the connection to Memphis wrestling though. Evangelical Christianity and kayfabe have a lot in common. They did a great job making that connection.

1 Like

I totally get where you’re coming from, nothing you’re saying is wrong. I guess that’s just what I expect from anything with McBride lol. Between Eastbound and Down, Vice Principals, and now this he always tends to go in the direction of ridicules.

I will say, I didn’t enjoy the muscle men storyline. Felt like it was forced in. I did really enjoy the wrestling tie in though like you mentioned.

I’ve been adoring Bel-Air so far. This is a perfect example of where a
reimaging of show work. Also been watching Single Drunk Female. It’s not the typical show you’d expect on Freeform and does a decent job of portraying the struggles of sobriety.

1 Like

Really glad to hear you liked it! Have you watched any of Peacemaker yet?