What are you watching?

Ya, I just finished episode 6 last night. I really like it! Acting wise, I think it’s the best work Cena has ever done.

1 Like

Started watching Euphoria with my wife, I realize its a controversial show and there is debate on whether or not they are glamorizing drug use, but holy shit is it a powerful show! I never realized Zendaya was that talented of an actress (I never saw the spiderman movies).

I also just started watching the Wire. I’ve heard for years that its the best if not top 3 best shows of all time, so lets see!

I just watched episode 2 of picard. I really liked that one. Anyone else into it?

2 Likes

Oh yeah I LOVED episode two of Picard, Q is actually menacing and even after just the opening I turned to my partner (and she hates Q lol) and said “That was f*cking awesome” I loved it clearly lol

I tried watching season 1 but it was way too disconnected from TNG and convoluted for me to follow. Is season 2 more of an extension of that or a throwback to more TNG type stuff

Well so far there’s been a bunch, two TNG villains and a DS9 mention, I feel it’s much more. I liked season one but this has me much more excited. I’d give it a try, I think you’ll like it

1 Like

That’s all I needed to hear. Thanks!

I loved the first bit of season 1 of Picard. I thought it would be social commentary of this titan of society being treated like rubbish because he’s old, and it indirectly commenting on how we treat our elderly. Then it got all action series in space.

So far season 2 seems like a tng episode. There was one scene in particular (episode 2 of season 2) that really impressed me. I’d encourage you to try season 2. Plus, tons of fanservice references.

2 Likes

Yup I loved the start of season 1 too for similar reasons. Then it kind of went off the rails for me and away from why I liked TNG. Glad they brought it back to basics

When you watch episode 2, and let me know if you can guess the scene I like most. It’s not a fan service moment. It’s an acting/character moment.

2 Likes

I’m currently watching my old faithful of The Office.

I don’t know how many times I’ve watched this but there is such a good rewatch value to it that other programmes don’t have.

I’m also watching Kimmy Scmitt for the first time

Love the Office as well. Out of curiosity, when you re-watch, do you watch straight through? Or do you watch up to Steve Carell’s last episode? Or I guess neither.

I need to see it through to the end. Ok it’s not as good when Steve goes, but I need to complete the story

1 Like

Ya, I do the same thing lol. I hate it when shows go on too long, but even office at it’s worst is still pretty good.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve never seen a show finish at the perfect time with the perfect episode. Except Brooklyn 99, they NAILED IT

It was good! Only thing missing was a Bruce Willis cameo. But it was still awesome.

We finally got Dark Side Of the Ring season 3 in the UK so im working my way through that…What an excellent series!
James - Liverpool

Law & Order is back!

I’m a big Star Trek fan. I’m definitely watching Picard and thought the first two episodes have been really good.

But I do have concerns about the season going forward. It’s been a pattern with Discovery and Picard Season 1 to often have strong opening arcs but then fall apart half way through. And the switch to an alternate darker timeline for multiple episodes feels a little too much like the Discovery Mirror universe arc as well.

The timeline jump should be fun though. While you can certainly criticize Star Trek for doing too much time travel it is a trope that works for the series as many of the best Star Trek episodes and movies have all involved time travel.

Obi-Wan Kenobi. It has everything I’ve ever wanted.

3 Likes