Who will win the ratings tonight (2020-01-08)?

People booed The Rock because The Rock was leaving and he wasn’t on a “all legends must be always cheered” status yet.

But it is dumb to compare Keith Lee to Brock Lesnar. Brock was presented as a serious monster and he beat big names in a dominant manner. Thankfully they didn’t give him a king gimmick after he won King Of The Ring.

It’s up to them if they want to push someone. Brock debuted after Mania and was the top guy by Summerslam. Ryback was another guy they pushed and got over but they backed off. Same with Strowman. They just choose not to push guys all the way anymore and that’s why so few guys are over

1 Like

I don’t get the Keith Lee love. This guy was doing nothing before NXT moved to 2 hours. Suddenly hes the flavor of the month. He’s good when he’s in there with others that are equally as good.

I see him as another Apollo Crews on the main roster eventually. Now, Damian Priest? That guy is a real star.

It’s almost as if it takes two good wrestlers (unless one is Ric Flair or Shawn Michaels) to have a good match.

1 Like

Disagree. Gargano, Okada, Sabre, Bryan, AJ, just a few guys who make weaker opponents look better.

Keith Lee is overrated.

1 Like

Wow. We could not be on more opposite ends of the spectrum here. I love Keith Lee and feel his recent push has been earned and very well received. I do think it’s to early for some of the crazy talk about having him beat Brock. But I can definately see him as an NXT or main roster champ in 2020.

Whereas so far all I’ve seen from Damien Preist is that he’s Baron Corbin 2.0.

1 Like

I’m with you on this priest is getting better but he has been really bad unless he is with someone talented. Lee has been consistently good, he has benefited greatly from the extra hour as he was always just in a holding pattern before. I don’t see him beating Brock, but eliminating him from the Rumbke I could see, then losing to him in a good match at Mania.

Crews lacks Lee’s facials and mic skills, and he isn’t as big a guy

Corbin is the number one heel and headlining agaisnt Roman. If that’s Priest that’s good for him!

He isn’t the #1 heel, Brock is the #1 heel, probably followed by Seth at this point. He is a top heel, but a clone would have no place and Priest is worse on the Mic, and maybe even I think he ring.

A Keith Lee/Brock Lesnar staredown at the Rumble doesn’t get a great reaction? Lee manhandling Lesnar and tossing him doesn’t get a great reaction? Lee winning doesn’t get a great reaction?

It’s January and there’s no long-term story to tell. And I don’t know what the better match/story for Brock is that they’d be missing out on. Go with the hot hand.

2 Likes

How exactly is Keith Lee a hot hand? He had a good showing at SS and then jobbed to Adam Cole. Now he’s going for a useless interm title.

And you expect he’s going to toss out Brock and face him for the title at WM?

You wanna bet this doesn’t Happen? You don’t go from being next in line to a uselsss NXT NA title shot to doing that in a week

LOL. The NA tile is the strongest secondary title on any WWE brand, it is hardly useless.
Also what are you talking about he jobbed to Cole? He was on the winning side in War Games, was one of the last 2 in Survivor Series, went toe to toe with Roman. Then was in a losing effort in a tag title match with Dijakovic where Dijakovic ate the pin and Lee launched Cole into the crowd. Then a win in a 6 man tag agains UE. Then got pinned by Balor in a cool spot in a triple threat. Went on to win a Tag match, against Priest, and won a fatal 4 way to face Strong for the NA title.

That is a hotter streak than basically anyone on your list of people who are going to face Brock other than the Fiend and as a less established talent on the main roster he has more upside from a big showing than someone like Roman.

I mean I love Drew but his last “big” win was against Riccochet in October, other than that he has been squashing jobbers.
Braun seems in line for the IC title a title even lower than the NA title in prestige at this point because they do nothing with it and it is rarely defended.
Roman? I mean he won survivor series but other than that he has been losing to Corbin. Even if Lee jobbed to Cole that would be a better loss than Jobbing to Corbin.
Cain- 0-1 lifetime record.
Kofi- tag champ on a different brand just got beat by the Miz

I’m not saying it will happen but it makes as much or more sense than just about anything else.

1 Like

@Alex_Patel:

@Breng77 beat me to it, but I don’t want you to think I ignored your question. So, yes, I agree with everything that he said, including the part where I don’t think it will happen. But it’s a better idea than trying to reheat a guy who Brock already beat and/or is less over than Lee just because Lee hasn’t hit whatever the magic number of six-man tag wins on Raw is.

1 Like