Who wins the ratings tonight (2019-11-20)?

Had to switch my vote to NXT, man if they can’t win tonight it’s going to be real sad.

1 Like

I liked the Dark order video too!

2 Likes

Holy shit that was tag team wrasslin at its best.

1 Like

I thought that WWE was not afraid of AEW.?

So they move nxt to tv and quickly rely on Raw and Smackdown wrestlers for ratings. I am pretty sure that NXT would not even be a part of Survivor Series if it was not for AEW.

AEW has forced WWE to stop being as complacent as they have been for so many years.

Watched AEW this morning before work.
As much as I was positive and enjoyed NXT, as I said when it debuted on USA they do not have a sustainable model. I enjoyed AEW equally as much and guess what - next week will be amazing, the week after will be amazing. Everything builds and the new talent feel incredibly over thanks to hot crowds, character building, and story telling.

NXT was a wild, chaotic show with fun appearances by beloved NXT alumni. Those alumni are on 5 hours of programming each week though and NXT can’t use them regularly. Or they can and it’s not our kind of NXT we originally loved.

I would be ok (though it won’t happen) with every talent we got “invading” through the end of the Revival match being moved to NXT.

Becky is Becky- she won’t move to NXT but she would be great if she did (as long as she does not get booked main roster style.)

Ricochet- was much better on NXT and this match was his best in a long while

Cesaro and Nakamura could be used much better on NXT. Though I question Nakamura in the motivation department.

Revival- best match they have put on probably since they were last on MXT and they fit so much better in NXT. NXT needs more tag teams anyway so why not these guys as the tag division in NXT is taken more seriously.

After that it got a bit too much with the invasion stuff.

1 Like

Am I wrong or is Alvarez aside from slating a large majority of anything to do with wwe just making shit up alot of the time? He was right about Rose, Deville & Ford briefly appearing and that’s it.

My gut feeling is that dynamite will still have the higher rating but I did feel that nxt did a decent job of making its own stars feel really important. The problem is its nigh on impossible to promote two seperate ppv events involving numerous teams and angles which have to be sporadically moved around to suit. It’s odd that they’ve still not announced the last man in team Ciampa or the two nxt ss teams. Are they waiting to see if anyone gets injured in wargames or something?

I think WWE is actively trying to make the Observer and it’s people look bad. They view them as part of AEW’s PR machine. It wouldn’t surprise me that the talent was in fact there and never used, or somebody fed the info to Alvarez…the problem is Alvarez and Meltzer can’t just out their sources even when lied to.

I like my theory more:
When Seth got “Seth’s not Cool” chants…they decided to hold back Roman from joining him because they worried what chant would be reserved for Roman. Personally, I would have loved a “Dog Shit” chant outa Full Sail for any Roman appearance.
:point_up:this is entirely fictional and a product of my mind

2 Likes

To me the SS thing is kind of odd, just because I don’t really see that many options. Seems likely that it will be the Ciampa Wargames team + Riddle. UE is already booked so they are out so for guys on that team you have
Ciampa, Riddle, Lee, Dijak, Balor, Priest, Dunne. No one else is really in that position unless they pull Walter in. Dream if he is back. Makes me wonder if KO is coming back to NXT, with Era attacking him he could show up at Wargames for team Ciampa and then switch sides to team NXT. Otherwise my guess is Dream is returning and it will be him on Team Ciampa and Riddle Joining then in the SS match.

Well it looks like NXT did have more viewers than AEW this week. Proving once again that most of us are terrible at predicting things.

From what i’m seeing online:

AEW: 893K viewers down 7% (0.39 rating in 18-49 demo)
NXT: 916K viewers up 22% (0.30 rating in 18-49 demo)

Combined 1.81M people watched wrestling Wednesday night up from 1.71M last week.

2 Likes

AEW should put out a statement congratulating NXT, (Obviously tongue in cheek) on their victory.

Closer than I thought, not a huge drop for AEW.

Let’s see how it goes the next couple of weeks before any kind of declarations are made regarding any long term success or demise

AEW actually bested NXT in every demographic group except Adults 50+, where NXT had a significant edge (0.40 vs. 0.29).

Oh, well.

Hopefully the total numbers can stay the same, it would be pretty great if they could both be around these this long term.

Question is did aew technically win or lose? Does the rating count or total viewers?

Anyone going to apologize to me after I said NXT likely wins this week? @Rated_R_Poster ? @TheBenjamin ? Or just keep saying I am an idiot

Broken clock, twice a day.

5 Likes

I like the argument of “It’s not fair, they actually put recognisable names on NXT” as that’s an admission of AEW not having many stars and an admission of how AEW can’t compete with WWE main roster looking in the direction of the Wednesday night handbags.

TV Ratings aren’t necessarily an indication of a better show though (something AEW fans recognise when talking about the main roster but do a 180 on when AEW beats WWE’s indie brand). Just enjoy what you enjoy. Just don’t be a hypocrite.

I’m just happy that idiot, Bryan Alvarez, will be trying his hardest to hold back his tears.

For a show designed to beat AEW, this weeks NXT did not do so well.

Frankly, if your top (regular weekly) star (Becky Lynch) and several of the secondary stars of the major shows (Seth, etc.) can only add 150k to a show also in primetime on the same channel of your longest running show, then that tells me that the WWE “stars” are not really stars in the bigger world of entertainment (we already knew this from the gimmick adjective “superstar” that WWE attaches to their talent.) This is why when WWE brings back Rock, or even Hulk Hogan, the numbers move, because those are the real, but legacy, stars of WWE.

The bottom line here is that Vince McMahon put NXT on USA on Wednesday for the sole purpose of hurting AEW. WWE had a built in audience on Tuesday on USA, a night with more TV viewers (the weekly viewership declines from Monday to Friday) overall, that they abandoned.

Let me be clear about this: I like many of the NXT talent more than AEW talent, and I find the AEW show a bit frustrating (I don’t like all the old guys coming back, like Ross and Schiavone) and the AEW woman’s roster needs help. Yet I find the AEW effort more authentic in an attempt to present an actual wrestling (American style) show than what WWE did last night.

And yes, I do expect the NXT viewership numbers to decline without the Raw/Smackdown talent. Last night viewership numbers for NXT were well below the debut (that was rushed on the calendar) on USA, so it’s not like wrestling fans are unaware of NXT.

1 Like

I feel sorry for anyone who points out AEW “Won the night” by having the better 18-49 #s which matter more. If it didn’t matter Smackdown wouldn’t get a Billion dollar contract for a show that does 2.5 million viewers with a promise of a 1.0 18-49 demo over the Fox Friday lineup last year that got 4-5 million viewers but not that high of a demo

1 Like

Congratulations to NXT. Only took another ladder match and a bunch of people from the main roster. The fact they used all those talents and burned through all those matches and still barely beat AEW is interesting.

1 Like