Worlds end…are you watching?

I really wanna watch this PPV but purely for the Continental Classic and MJF vs Joe.
I’d have liked to see Top flight take the belts of The Acclaimed And Orange Cassidy maybe having a big match but those 2 belts feel meaningless right now.

The 8 man makes no sense to me. If Garcia and Jay swapped places that would be slightly better but it’s a match I don’t care about.

I think this may be a PPV to just watch highlights online as it’s a busy time of year anyway.

I have long missed the days of Starrcade filling the the space between Christmas and NYE with a fun wrestling PPV. So I’m completely into Worlds End. (And for $20 via VPN and AEW+, you can’t go wrong).

I actually really dig the addition of the recent eight man. I reminds me of what PWG would do on the final day of BOLA, or IWA MS on the final day of TPI, and using all the eliminated talents in a big wild card sort of eight man tag.

I think it’ll be a really fun show all around. I also expect the show will attempt to be very news worthy.

4 Likes

Wasn’t it billed as “the end of an era” when it was announced? I’m interested in seeing what happens during the show and what comes out of it just based on that.

1 Like

I can’t really find any record of “end of an era” being used to promote Worlds End.

So if you are expecting something massive you might want to adjust your expectations to enjoy the show.

2 Likes

No, that was used around WrestleDream.

I am not looking for something Earth-shattering. But I believe there will be some story progression / resolution.

Perhaps a debut or two as well.

Either way, from the announced card, I think it’ll be a blast.

Oh that’s right, thanks for the reminder. That tag line definitely would have made more sense for a show titled World’s End instead.

It’s an interesting as missing some big names there’s no young bucks, no, Danielson, no omega or Hangman but you probably will get a big storyline Main event, probably a big debut – I’m guessing Dolph Ziggler is a strong possibility here – and probably some good matches as well

Danielson has been added to the card:

Worth a read…

My prediction - MJF loses and takes time off. A big return later in the year to fued with the revealed Devil. Whom I am leaning towards Adam Cole reuniting with either Roddy, KOR and Fish. (And Britt as the Devil). Or Cole reuniting with Roddy, and The Young Bucks (the former Mount Rushmore 2.0).

I see the Devil being a storyline thing more than a big debut.

2 Likes

I’m definitely going to watch it. I hope this whole “Devil” storyline ends at the PPV. Do the big reveal and continue the feud with MJF. I’m also really looking forward to the future feud between MJF and Swerve.

Absolutely. Like all AEW ppvs, this looks great on paper. But these builds have been pretty good. December was a great month for AEW.

1 Like

He’s so good. Even in text, MJF is incredible. An all-timer already.

1 Like

Could happen but why do they have all these challengers lined up and teased just for MJF to lose. You have Wardlow, Swerve, Hangman and others waiting in the wings.

I see MJF narrowly beating Joe and then losing to Swerve in the new year.

Guys so damn engaging. Extension or no extension, it would make sense to take him off tv for a bit. If he hasn’t signed, last thing you want is un-signed world champ. If he has signed, this could be a good on air story. Curious how it all plays out.

1 Like

Still no Randy Orton :joy::joy:

1 Like

If Joe was going to win, that’s when you reveal that he’s in cahoots with the Devil. But now, the “reveal” of who is behind the mask is already the focal point of the main event and not MJF vs. Joe. I think MJF retains.

There’s only one “end of an era”… a match between two guys who both appeared on the next five Wrestlemanias after said match occurred:

IMG_9891

1 Like

Yep, I’m going to watch. Looking forward to how the title picture is shaped, I really enjoyed the Continental Classic and I’m invested in the finals, and that 8-man with the other CC contenders looks cool.

My conspiracy theory of the day: Did WWE leak that they aren’t re-signing Sasha Banks just to lowkey spoil her AEW arrival tonight?

Not necessarily tonight, but I’d imagine just about everybody expects her in AEW soon.