WrestleMania XL - Live Discussion Thread

Happy WrestleMania Weekend, everybody! Creating a thread here so we can enjoy both nights in real time and give our thoughts and opinions!

NIGHT 1 WRESTLEMANIA XL CARD

• The Rock and Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins
  • Women’s World Championship: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Becky Lynch
  • Intercontinental Championship: Gunther (c) vs. Sami Zayn
  • Jey Uso vs. Jimmy Uso
  • Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship (Six-Pack Ladder Match): The Judgment Day (c) vs. DIY vs. Awesome Truth vs. The New Day vs. New Catch Republic vs. A-Town Down Under
  • Bianca Belair, Jade Cargill and Naomi vs. Damage CTRL (Dakota Kai, Asuka and Kairi Sane)
  • LWO (Rey Mysterio and Dragon Lee) vs. Santos Escobar and Dominik Mysterio

NIGHT 2 WRESTLEMANIA XL CARD

• Undisputed WWE Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cody Rhodes
  • World Heavyweight Championship: Seth Rollins (c) vs. Drew McIntyre
  • Women’s Championship: Iyo Sky (c) vs. Bayley
  • United States Championship (Triple Threat Match): Logan Paul (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Kevin Owens
  • LA Knight vs. AJ Styles
  • Philadelphia Street Fight: Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits (Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins) vs. The Final Testament (Karrion Kross, Akam and Rezar)
1 Like

As you all start this 4/5 hour marathon I’m off to bed. Goodnight and enjoy

1 Like

First mania without McMahon and will probably be the best one.

1 Like

Yep, Vince is gone. They used the actual national anthem instead of “America, the Beautiful.” :joy:

Fine match with Rhea and Becky.

Anyone else get a weird audio screwup during the finish of Rhea/Becky? I’m behind and I’m on my phone (and the Peacock app sucks), so I’m not sure if it’s just me.

Sounded fine on my end.

1 Like

I cant wait to see the WWE fanboys defend that Usos superkick fest. That was an all time shitty match.

Two guys talking to each other between strikes because they are/were friends… I’ve never seen that match done well. It’s a cinematic concept that doesn’t translate to a 10+ minute match in front of a super quiet crowd.

Ric Flair still the standard for beautiful robes. Seth with an entire mega Kentucky Derby Hat and a train for a robe.

Night 1 was very good. The only downer was the USOs…which was a shame. Didn’t feel it at all. But I thought everything else delivered.

Usos match… lots of superkicks, just no real party.

Pretty average show overall. Zayn vs Gunther was great, nothing else memorable.

Horrible main event and the Usos singles experiment should end ASAP.

WWE’s production and stories have been solid but when it comes to the actual wrestling it often lacks a lot. This show is the perfect example of that

Thanks all, think I’ll save my time and just listen to John and Wai. What a shame it didn’t live up to the hype

Hey! I watched something from Mania - aren’t you proud - and I need to mention it!!! :laughing:

1 - I do like a little Motionless in White in my musical palette. Do not judge me for the gothy/punk/emo-ness underneath this decidedly non-gothy/punk/emo exterior. LOL.

2 - Professional Wrestling as an industry is AWFUL at mixing live entrance music on the broadcast –some struggle in all avenues of music mixing. Commentary? Usually crystal clear, perfectly compressed, and rarely on the verge of distortion even when shouted into. Music? It’s like, “What in the fuck do we even do with that?” MiW is tight and that entrance should have been absolutely heavy and crushing live and on TV. It most certainly wasn’t on YouTube. They usually do a great job with capturing a wide range of sounds and have a lot of microphones to manage, but live music is something they continue to struggle with.

Update: I’ve now watched The Rock’s wonderful (slightly cheesy) entrance and that was much better mixed during the first half.

Bit of an oversimplification. It’s a high bar to touch 19, 17, 24, 30 or 20.

1 Like

I felt this was a down note actually. I really quite like ATB as it makes WM feel different from game 114 of the MLB regular season.

Night 2, folks! Its showtime!!!

What a pop for the cash in. Second only to the stadium electrician turning off the blinding lights on the upper decks.

Seth Rollins agreed to a finish where he hit a Curb Stomp on a table and then immediately got kicked in the head and pinned.

Also, nobody should ever agree to get beat by one Claymore ever again.

2 Likes