WWE issues brief statement regarding allegations against Matt Riddle

It’s become extremely obvious in the past few weeks how f*cked up the criminal justice system is. Like mindblowingly bad when it comes to actually protecting people.

2 Likes

The justice system is not ever going to be able to deal with all of this society needs to change.

It’s a great metaphor.

And consequences do exist. For people who are guilty. You wanting consequences to exist for people that are accused shouldn’t be a thing.

1 Like

Yes, sure, but this still does not change the fact that the said allegation was fabricated. You think they would’ve kept him if he told them? Cause I highly doubt.

I’m not saying all the allegations are fabricated, far from that, but when there are cases like the one with Riddle, it’s what must make you stop and scratch your head before pointing the finger.

1 Like

I’d still pick a system that at least exists to look at evidence impartially ahead of twitter outrage where none of it matters.

2 Likes

To be fair, with Enzo he hid it from the WWE. That’s what got him fired.

I’m not saying that at all, and I don’t think others are either. Nobody except the parties involved knows the truth. And that is the point. Just as sexual harassment or assault is unacceptable, so is ruining someone’s life by making a false claim. Taking the position that one is better than the other is unacceptable.

1 Like

So… he enters rehab, but is not fired, I guess?

People losing their jobs over allegations of rape is better than rape. I’d rather a few people lose their jobs over false allegations and diminish the occurrence of rape then do nothing and allow a culture of rape and assault to flourish. The 2 things are not morally equivalent

That is a reasonable response/consequence. For Havoc

Accepting Twitter as reality and fact is a fools game. It’s not reality. But at the same time you have to admire the courage of those who did post their stories and experiences.

As somebody who has spent extensive time around and in a relationship with a victim of sexual assault, I have learned how hard it is for them to speak about it, and how going to authorities is often not something they wish to pursue. Without a rapid kits and documentation it is very hard to prove and what happens many times is in the they-said/they-said process victims are dragged through emotional and psychological hell and defendants will stoop to any level to discredit the victim as a defense. If there’s drug or alcohol involved it gets even harder.

Bottom line is we should accept those who come forward as brave and we should not dismiss their stories even if we don’t want to declare somebody guilty without substantial evidence. I wish people would treat people right and it shouldn’t take legal actions to protect people from being subjected to any kind of abuse or mistreatment.

-my last post on the topic, thanks for respectfully engaging in this dialogue with me-

4 Likes

If you think that would have any effect on the rape rate then you are an idiot and have destroyed your credibility with me so I will no longer engage in any debate with you. You need to calm the fuck down and remove the emotion from your decision making process.

How does people losing their jobs over false allegations decrease rape? It doesn’t.

You don’t have to pick a side between the falsely accused and the people who have been raped. Both sets of people are victims. It’s not one or the other. It’s kind of worrying how you don’t seem to care at all about one set of victims…

It’s:
Rape victim v. Rapist
Falsely accused v. Liar

It’s not:
Rape victim v. Falsely accused

It might be easier to just assume everyone that’s accused is guilty but it’s irresponsible and dangerous.

3 Likes

Ironically, as much as I think he is fn dreadful and would love to see him gone from AEW forever (along with the rest of the clowns), I agree. A rational and reasonable response.

So you don’t believe that a society that has negative consequences for Rape would decrease rape? Seems an odd train of thought. Right now lots of people get away with sexual abuse, so it is not super uncommon. I guess you believe sexual harassment laws haven’t decreased harassment in the work place then.

Because not all or even most allegations are false. So the 2 sides are really a combination of abusers/innocent men and abuse victims/liars. They aren’t separate pools. I just happen to believe in those pools the Abusers and abused are the largest portions of both pools and not by a small amount. So if a few innocent men lose their jobs in error I think that is better than letting a lot of abuse go unpunished. I also think the law is ill suited to handle these cases as it has shown not to be able to.

Let me rephrase it this way if you gave me the option of losing my job or having my daughter be raped I’ll lose my job.

This desperation to pit innocent parties against each other is sad in my opinion.

Supporting truth means you don’t have to do that. It’s not that difficult either. All you have to do is realise that you don’t have the evidence so you shouldn’t act as if you do. You can still sympathise with accusers but you just don’t attack the accused. Or you can do things the other way. Or just say you don’t know so can’t sympathise either way. Attacking people when you know you don’t know anything, is low and that should be avoided.

1 Like

And that is how sexual predators get away with it sadly. Because there is often little proof. So you would rather protect guilty people for lack of evidence than punish them. And in a court of law I agree. In the court of public opinion and having a life free of judgement and social consequences I don’t.

1 Like

It’s only “protecting guilty people” when you know they’re guilty. Not when you don’t know.

1 Like

No it really isn’t the guilty are still guilty whether you can prove it or not. Just not in a court of law. Whether I can prove a rapist committed rape does not mean it never happened. You are essentially arguing that if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around it doesn’t make a sound.