WWE releases Bray Wyatt

Being the top guy on NXT means jack shit. It means you get beat by Jeff Hardy in 1:40 when you get called up. Cole has been in NXT for way too long and he will never get over on the main roster because of his size so why stay there? Literally no point

3 Likes

We’ve agreed on this point before.

If Punk and Bryan do come in, this is a roster that in years to come, will be looked at as one of the best ever. This could be looked at along side WWE 2002-2003, WCW 1996-1997. This is a roster deep with something that has been lacking in wrestling for over a decade - Stars. Both talent from outside, AND “homegrown”.

The TV is compelling, and they’re being very wise about how they’ve positioned the new show. Plus, there is talk still about Dark being filmed out of a separate location, to create a distinct look and feel to that show.

It’s a place where everybody is going to want to be soon, if it isn’t already.

2 Likes

Oh and does anyone thinks Bryan and Punk are overstaying their welcome? Like if either guy did more than 18 months Id be 1) shocked and 2) fully expecting them to do many honors to pushing the stars of the future. These don’t seem like Hogan and Nash or Brock and Goldberg types

3 Likes

Yeah this is why I don’t get why people are pushing Page and think Cole will be lost.

They’re clearly quite a few guys on the roster (35 +) that are only designed to be there for a few years and then to make away for the new crop. You don’t really think that beyond 2-5 years that Punk, Bryan, Omega, Lance Archer, Jericho, Moxley, Aliester Black, Miro etc will be dominating the title picture. Sure some will phase out faster than others but they are clearly used now to help get AEW some cred and build new stars. Some will stick around as named challengers and move into lesser belts etc but in the end they aren’t the future.

Eventually you can see Jungle Boy, MJF, Darby, Hangman, Adam cole (maybe), Sammy, Wardlow etc all stepping in.

Now look at WWE. Beyond Roman (36) who do they have? Matt Riddle is 35, Finn is 40, Lashley is 45. Heck even Kofi is 39 and Kross is 36 and Seth is 35. Like there is no one that they are pushing that is under 35. There only hope is to sign some AEW talent lol.

2 Likes

They did run a 2016-2017 Impact feud as one of their top programs for Wrestlemania.
But come to think of it who is the last Big Free Agent splash WWE made - NXT at it’s peak was bringing in top FAs all the time to keep the show fresh as talent moved up. It feels forever ago they made a noteworthy splash that wasn’t a “prospect” but an actual difference maker immediately.

1 Like

That being said in five years Vince probably isn’t in charge so AEW might be in trouble if HHH can right the ship

2 Likes

LOL to the R Truth joke. In all seriousness though, this is what I love about AEW being around, it is an opportunity for guys to jump back and forth. Back in the 90’s this was one of the most exciting things about WWF/WCW. Outsiders to WCW, Jericho to WWF and so on.

My only point with Cole is that there are a lot of guys ahead of him in the pecking order in AEW. Ultimately though, he should do what he feels will give him the most fulfillment. If that’s staying in NXT, he should stay in NXT. If thats going to AEW, he should go to AEW. What a bunch of fans on a message board want means nothing, I just hope he makes the decision that is best for him.

1 Like

I look at this as such a good thing for the industry. There is no doubt that WWE has rested on its laurels for the past couple decades and as AEW begins to pick up steam I feel that WWE will be forced to get better. Similar to 1997 when WWF was getting killed by WCW, and that was the kick in the ass they needed.

Now this time around WWE is not at risk of going bankrupt, they are the most successful wrestling company in the history of the business, but regardless of financial success, nobody wants to be #2, especially when you have been #1 for so long.

Either way, we the fans are the winners here.

1 Like

Agreed…the guy is 75 years old and has obviously done steroids for a very long time. I just dont see a world where in the next 5 years he doesn’t have a serious medical episode that forces him out as the be all end all. I dont wish that upon him, but when it eventually does happen I think things will get very interesting creatively. I strongly believe that Hunter will at that time align the brands (ie. NXT and Main Roster) in a way where NXT no longer get the short end of the stick as far as its presentation on the main roster goes.

Completely separate note, Brian Alvarez is reporting that Bray had a “medical issue” and that the medical issue played a part in his release according to multiple sources.

I could see Danielson sticking around. He seems to enjoy a full or close to full time schedule. Punk on the other hand I think will be a special attraction who comes and goes. I think that’s where Punk’s value is most, and I think Danielson’s value is being a more consistent member of the roster.

You could be right, but I see this as a short run for Bryan as well. Given his strong family ties to WWE (ie. wife has a reality show, father in law is head of talent relations), my gut feeling tells me he wants to do a run in AEW/NJPW, and will then come back and do one final run in WWE. I could be wrong, but thats what I see happening with him.

Ronda Rousey coming in hot

1 Like

She’s so WWE blaming the fans and all.
Lolz Rousey, come back soon, we can’t wait for
Becky Ronda - The Battle of The Moms
(Sarcasm aside, it’s one of the few big matches left for them)

Insert the principal Skinner meme here. “No, it must be the fans that are out of touch”

1 Like