WWE SummerSlam 2019: Seth Rollins wins the Universal title

I’d give it 5 out of 10. Nothing blew me away and honestly, this felt more like Raw than a major PPV (they really need special sets for big shows).

The Rollins win was more of the same we’ve seen again and again (Rollins is killed throughout a storyline and then wins in the end, logic be damned), and Kofi/Randy was a huge disappointed with a horrible ending.

And maybe I’m minority, but nothing tonight really seemed to matter. I feel like I could probably skip the next year of WWE and everything would be the same when I came back.

Seth Rollins these days to me gives off way too much of a Super Cena vibe.

Rollins gives me the feeling that he is the parking lot, where Vince McMahon has parked the top championship until Vince can find that guy who will be truly the guy.

However, that guy may never show up.

As I noted with last night’s TakeOver response, WWE has thoroughly trained their crowds to only care about spots, and nostalgia.

Bayley and Ember Moon worked hard, but no one cared. Not enough spots, no nostalgia.

Brock is now free to go away and pop up again when Smackdown gets close to moving to Fox. I expect Brock to be one of the advertising pushes by Fox when that time gets close.

That’s WWE’s biggest problem to me. Nothing matters. They create about 8 hours a week of new content… And that’s all it is - content to fill time.

I loved the Nightwing costume since i’m a big nightwing fan from the comic books. Plus his athletic style is actually very reminiscent of the gymnast Dick Grayson. I also thought the match was great and this spot was insane!

A perfect example of how you just can’t please everyone. For years the complaint about WWE was the number of short matches. And now they are too long. And the clock on the screen is a terrible idea. We saw that all the crowd did when the clock was on the screen during the ziggler/rollins ironman match is count down from 10 every minute.

I thought overall it was a good show. I was legitimately shocked that Rollins won (as was most of the forum based on the predictions thread). But it was a happy shock. I thought it was a great match, like most of Lesnar’s matches have been when they are more than 3 minutes long.

Rollins title run after wrestlemania was disappointing because he was feuding with Corbin. But i’m still scarred by how terrible Raw had been for the past 2-3 years when Lesnar was the champion and not on TV. This fall will obviously be big for WWE with Fox on SD and the AEW competition and hopefully Rollins raises his game to be a worthy champ this time.

1 Like

This match was what Rollins and Lesnar should have done at mania. The cheat to win match by Rollins really put a black mark on his championship run.

1 Like

Pretty good show overall. The Bayley-Ember Moon match sucked, and the finish for Kofi-Orton was also bad but everything else was decent to good.

Let them off themselves by doing dumb shit they are not trained to do… Darwinism.

I agree with you and not as much with OP (I felt matches were really short for only a 9 match Big card we easily could have gotten a 4 hour and 30 minute main card)

But I like the time limit draw Idea (maybe not have a clock on screen but you can have a good match going on SD then out of nowhere the bell ring. Obviously the crowd gets heat but then no one gets beat and you can promote next week match or a ppv match without beating anyone on tv. and prolong programs and get people excited for next weeks show

as for the OP PPV should be untimed I know the US title means nothing but its basically the 3rd biggest prize with a talent pool of over 100 superstars. and the grade A talent of AJ and Ricochet on an A show we should get a 25 minute (UFC title time) barn burner of a match.

Your Lesner and your Orton’s I would keep to more shorter matches.

The Crowd really sucked for this PPV it took away from the matches which were all good to pretty good matches and there wasn’t a bad match on the show but the crowd made this a really forgettable Summerslam.

to be fair to the Crowd many of them probably watched a lot of good indy wrestling or g1 wrestling this weekend and they are just tired even john and wai review you could tell they were exhausted.

WWE is going to have a problem with Mania and Summerslam going forward with all these Auxiliary events going on and with the WWE show coming at the end of it.

Thinking of how merciless Vince was in the territory days I wonder if its possible if WWE can book every venue in a 20 mile radius to prevent other shows from popping up.

Best matches of the night involved 2 HOFers and a part timer…crowd was hottest for them as well…the top babyfaces power couple actually had the crowd booing them.

I wouldn’t say that. The Goldberg match wasn’t one of the top 3 matches IMO. I’m sure it got a good pop though. Rollins turned the crowd and Lynch was against a hometown wrestler

Shane Goldberg lesnar Trish 4 matches out of the 9 and 4 out of the top 5 matches (overness) were part timers or HOFers

Nattie and Becky were really the only full time over and delivered a pretty good match.

I would have Put Fiend and Balor above Shane Owens, and Goldberg. That match seemed very over to me.

The entrance was over for sure and it wasn’t a long match so it is hard to judge it was a lot like the Goldberg match but the crowd was the hottest sustained from the time Goldberg music hit until his final walkout. I felt that was the hottest the crowd got all show with maybe exception of some parts of the main event

so I can see if you want put it higher then the Owens and shame that is a lot more closer IMO

The crowd did turn on the bray match very briefly about the time with the neck snap spot luckily it was quick and they got the crowd back. so IMO it is borderline but worthy of a debate and you do bring a valid point.

However even if I give you that match was more over my top 4 out of 5 matches still were part timers or HOFers work, being it was a debuting of character and first time we seen bray wrestle on tv in a year! so I would classify him as a part timer (at least in that moment of course he is and will be full time now). I mean we seen everyone wrestle on last night card more recently then we have with Bray!
even Trish with evolution Goldberg with Saudi Arabia. Shane and Lesnar as well.

Im excited for the new Bray character don’t get me wrong but if overused it can die a sudden death and there were parts last night it was almost on the edge of hitting the too corny factor but being brief saved it.

I also am probably one of the few that is fine with part timers or HOF’ers taking up tv time. (I do wish WWE would build better stars though.) I was merely pointing out the fact that there was a lot of them on the card and they seemed to deliver more then then the full time roaster on a more consistent level.

They were not in Calgary…stop propagating that stupid notion that all Canada is one giant hometown.

It’s not…westerners don’t like the East and vice versa.

Why didn’t they use Bret Hart giving Owens a pep talk instead of Rollins? The connection against a McMahon writes itself and in Canada? Perfect.

Then why does it seem that way? Canadians always seem to root for Canadians regardless of where in the country they come from. I mean Owens got a big reaction he isn’t from Toronto. So there is certainly some truth to it. I’m not going to deny legends and Brock get pops. That is WWEw fault for booking them as a bigger deal than the current talent. That was my problem with the Goldberg match before it happened. They are over not because they are better, but because they get booked like stars.

Owens gets a big reaction in Ohio…they’re not from Canada.

Don’t lump my country as one gelatinous one thought society.

I don’t assume everyone in America have guns, nor do I think Australian s are criminals or new Zealanders fuck sheep or UKers are alt right…that’s just dumb

A bit different making societal generalities, then it is noticing trends in a particular “sport”. Also saying she will get a bigger pop just means that there are generally more fans, not that everyone loves her.