WWE Survivor Series 2020 POST Show w/ Mike Murray & WH Park

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/11/23/wwe-survivor-series-2020-post-show-w-mike-murray-wh-park/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Wai Ting is joined by Mike Murray and WH Park to review WWE Survivor Series 2020 headlined by Drew McIntyre vs. Roman Reigns and The Undertaker’s Final Farewell.

They discuss a night of Raw vs. SmackDown “Champion vs. Champion” matches including Asuka vs. Sasha Banks, New Day vs. Street Profits, the return of the Gobbledy Gooker, and a pair of traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series matches.

WWE Survivor Series
November 22, 2020
WWE ThunderDome (Amway Center)
Orlando, FL

*Drew McIntyre vs. Roman Reigns
*5-on-5 Survivor Series Match: Lacey Evans, Lana, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce & Shayna Baszler vs. Bayley, Bianca Belair, Liv Morgan, Natalya & Ruby Riott
*Asuka vs. Sasha Banks
*Bobby Lashley vs. Sami Zayn
*The Street Profits vs. The New Day
*5-on-5 Survivor Series Match: AJ Styles, Braun Strowman, Keith Lee, Riddle & Sheamus vs. Jey Uso, Kevin Owens, King Corbin, Otis & Seth Rollins
*Dual Brand Battle Royal

Photo Courtesy: WWE

Subscribe: https://postwrestling.com/subscribe

Patreon: http://postwrestlingcafe.com

Forum: https://forum.postwrestling.com

Merch: https://store.postwrestling.com

Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/YouTube: @POSTwrestling

Reigns to go after Big E for being a traitor and we build to Reigns/Big E. Book it.

The Undertaker segment was kind disappointing to me. He barely said anything, and not sure why all the guys came to the ring earlier. But that Paul Bearer spot was great!

Why does WH have to be so negative all the time?? Great review overall!

2 Likes

Make sure you watch the Broken Skull Sessions from last night. Great stuff.

Just gonna echo a twitter comment I’d seen on, I believe, the Power Struggle Post Show and say that a little of WH goes a long way.

I’m not a major defender of main roster WWE at all, but geez. Everything fuckin’ sucks, everyone’s a fuckin’ nerd, etc. etc.

Yes, he did praise aspects of the show, and I’m not saying everything has to be positive, but for me at least, the tone is the issue. John and Wai are obviously friendly with WH, and enjoy his schtick, but the relentlessly snide tone, coupled with the lack of actual depth in the criticism (everything just fuckin’ sucks…) is starting to wear on me.

Ironically, I’m sorry to be negative :slight_smile: Enjoyed the show otherwise.

4 Likes

Funny show today. I can definitely see why there’s some criticism of all the negativity, but shit guys it’s a REVIEW show. Not everyone is gonna like same stuff you did, and some people are just a little more cutting with their remarks than others. Personally I enjoy hearing that sort of thing.

It was also a fun dynamic as Wai had to seemingly switch babyface midway through the show and be the WWE’s defender of sorts. Nice job by everyone.

As an aside, does anyone have any issues with the WWE Network where it constantly signs you out of your account and you have to log back in every 15 minutes or so? Happened to me last night and was very annoying. Gave up on watching after the tag match but it doesn’t sound like I missed much.

2 Likes

Am I the only one that would like a sitcom based around Mike and WH working at a bookstore?

5 Likes

This show was awesome. Nice to get three completely different perspectives. The purpose of the show is to review it and provide honest feedback, not be positive.

If you want people gushing over WWE listen to their own podcasts

I thought I was pretty clear in my feedback earlier. I welcome honest feedback and different perspectives. I’m lukewarm on main roster WWE more often than not, so “gushing” is not what I listen to Post for.

My issue, as I said, is the snide tone, the two dimensional “fuckin’ sucks…fuckin’ nerd…stupid fuckin’ gear” schtick that WH leans into, in place of more substantial criticism/perspective. I have zero issue with what he thinks, I have an an issue with the way he expresses it. He’s carved out a niche of “99% of main roster WWE fuckin’ sucks, 99% of Westerners in Japanese wrestling fuckin’ suck”, and I find it’s rare he expands outside of that box.

Just my opinion, I know others mileage may vary.

10 Likes

I really enjoyed the show. This company who is not known for being the most coherent, told several coherent stories throughout the night. I liked the Wrestling as well, I know many matches didn’t have the all elite flip-flop kick out of 1 million finishes, but this is the kind of stuff I like from WWE.

PEYTON ROYCE BABY!!!

1 Like

I’ve been pretty tuned out lately other than reading results (not even recaps, literally just who won/lost) and this forum. But at the moment, I am very interested as to why there was a clean sweep and how it went down.

Maybe not “re-sub to the Network” interested, but at least “listen to this podcast and watch the start of Raw tonight” interested.

I thought they told a lot of interesting stories last night. I’m totally fine with a clean sweep. How many times do we see fucked finishes? I agree with what you’re saying. Thought it was a fun show.

I haven’t listened yet, but I completely see where you are coming from in theory as I have had these issues in the past with other podcasts.

Like you, I have zero issue with people voicing their displeasure about the product, however my expectation of a professional analysist/podcaster is for them to dissect the product and articulate their feedback in a manner where they are able to analyze on a deeper level then the average fan. For the record, I believe John and Wai are absolutely amazing at this. Sure they say things suck sometimes, but they always back it up with a deep dive

If someone is constantly resorting to tropes like “fuckin’ sucks…fuckin’ nerd…stupid fuckin’ gear” it just comes off as lazy, as that is the type of feedback I would expect when I was in high school speaking to other kids at lunch about the PPV we watched last night.

Ultimately John and Wai have set the bar extremely high as this podcast is the best one out there IMO. I dont think its unreasonable for you to have that same level of expectation when there is a guest host.

4 Likes

It would probably “Fckcking Suck”

4 Likes

I agree, this podcast is that a very high standard and his one, if not the best there is. I just thought there were a lot of things to like about the show.

Dominic and Gable got a lot of shine even though ultimately the battle royale spot at the end was really stupid.

Peyton Royce got a big victory and maybe they will actually do something with her.

Keith Lee looked like a boss.

Seth Rollins is most likely written off the show to go be with Becky I’m curious to see what happens when he comes back.

What’s gonna happen between Roman and his cousin?

what’s going to happen tonight with Lana? Also, like it or not they told a long term story about that.

Drew was protected, but it’s probably gonna be pissed off tonight. Let’s see what he does next.

although Bianka didn’t win, she was booked to look very strong and was protected.

Asuka lost clean. Does another female come out, talk some shit to her and set up a feud?

Plenty of things to talk about and wonder about.

Sorry guys, not digging the content of this review. One of the best things about Wai and John is that no batter how bad the main roster stuff is (and it can be VERY bad), I can still play the Podcast out load in the house at any time of day. WH you are great on stuff you like, but do you need every other word to be ‘fuck’ when you don’t like it? Just don’t do the show?!

4 Likes

I find myself in agreement with W.H. on most things, and find it funny.

6 Likes

Im just wondering what people were expecting from a podcast with WH. Personally I loved it, those complaining need to dive deeper into the POST library it seems

3 Likes

Oh yeah, going into it I was prepared for that. A podcast about WWE with WH, you know it’s gonna be mostly fuck WWE. It’s all good though, it’s just his opinion. I disagreed with a fair amount of his points, but I still enjoyed the show.

The Gooker Is now a former champion in WWE. Deal with it park!

3 Likes