Are you ordering Forbidden Door?

I’m sure it’s Claudio, I kind of hope it’s Johnny but it will be Claudio. However I’m pretty sure the same thing will happen that happened with Keith Lee – he’ll get a pop and then ultimately will fizzle into the background a few weeks later. That’s what happens with 40 year old Midcard wrestlers their whole lives. Everyone was really high on Lee and he can’t even make it on the main card of a show with 10 injuries.

1 Like

I wasnt high on him. Ive been saying for years that he is overrated. I think hes in a good spot in a tag team. I thought him and Swerve should have won the tag titles at DoN. I would prefer if they brought in Shane Taylor to team with him though. They need a big man team in AEW.

1 Like

Are all the people who claimed to not be buying this not entertained by this opening match?!

3 Likes

This opener is amazing.

Seriously, if you skipped out, you’re missing what’s likely going to be a great show.

3 Likes

Imagine thinking multi man’s featuring Yuta, Suzuki, Jericho, Guevara, Umino and Eddie Kingston was poorly booked and therefore somehow not worth watching :joy:

I wish I could dislike pro wrestling that much. I’d have a lot of free time back. Joking and shitposting of course.

4 Likes

I’ve been critical of the build on TV, but never doubted for a moment the show would be worth watching.

Super hot crowd. Everybody working their asses off.
So much fun so far.

1 Like

Also, this three man booth is perfect.

2 Likes

Exactly.
I mostly lol at the week to week commentary that is reactionary and was weirdly negative. To compare this to those ROHxNJPW shows was especially rich. This is featuring so much talent we all fawned over for the past 5 years in front of a ravage fanbase of over 10k+ ppl.

It was almost impossible for this to not be anything but an awesome night of wrestling.
That it wasn’t celebrated as such because of unfortunate injuries and some weird timing with booking is a shame. Couple that with some bad scoops about Okada and there was some bad faith media hype. IMO

Enjoy the show everyone who bought it and loves pro wrestling.

2 Likes

Great opener

By far the best thing about the show is no Jim Ross. The day he finally retires will be a day long remembered.hopefully this pushes AEW to see how much he sucks now

3 Likes

Agreed.

Although, I could see them putting him on the main event tonight.

1 Like

Ummmm Dr Patel,

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

<how it started, how it’s going meme>
:heart: You Bud!

Edit: I feel comfortable saying this but @Alex_Patel and I have a history on the forum of teasing about watching AEW or not. This is in good fun I tease here

3 Likes

This crowd rules.

1 Like

Hahahaha. Guilty as charged.

It was slightly more complex than I let on. I’m also coming off of 36 hour shift where I felt I just be too tired but I was able to get some sleep when I got home thanks to my mother-in-law so I’m a little more refreshed now. Also I will probably check out to watch the hockey game for a bit.

I actually reading yours and others responses on this form did get me a little bit more interested in as I think we all know the wrestling should be good. In the end I think I was just a little disappointed because I had higher hopes for this but it’ll still be good.

3 Likes

Im just wondering why the NJPW ring announcer is so subdued. Usually his work is very energetic.

Great matches so far…

Kevin Kelly probably has jet lag lol. He’s awesome. Better than JR botching names and moves and telling us that Suzuki didn’t play highschool football or something else stupid

1 Like

This first 70 minutes has been terrific.
The audience is hot for everybody. And everybody is working extremely hard.

1 Like

Pac getting what he deserves. Love it

1 Like

Oh no. I dont mean Kevin Kelly i mean the ring announcer doing the entrances

1 Like

That was one of AEWs best womens matches. I enjoyed it a lot.

Oh god no not Jim Ross. Why??

2 Likes